African-American Music Appreciation Month

Lets see, we have black history month and now African-American Music Appreciation Month

I am searching hard for

Irish American month anything
American Indian month anything.
Itilian American month anything
Asian American month anything.
Anglo American month anything.
Mexican American month anything.

Just saying ya know.

You can take your "Rap" and "HipHop" and shove it up your ass..all month long.

Yes, Rap and Hip Hop is total garbage, I would call it several things, "Trance Music", "War Drum Music" "Hate Music" for the gangsta rap crap crowd, brainwashing those with low mental capabilities into hating the 'establishment" cops, other 'races' etc. In fact just plain "Brainwashing Music" does come to mind.

Rap, accompanied by the heavy Bass at 1 kilowatt of power, it has been said by some, goes back to 'beating logs with sticks' in order to communicate, but done electronically now. Idiots don't have a clue what it's doing to their hearing or anything else. They do however enjoy pissing off others while driving down the highway exceeding normal acceptable sound levels for "Normal People".

All the other 'Black Music' of days gone bye is terrific and is to be treasured. The other 'stuff' can go into the disposal and recycled into something coherent and less violent.

George Duke, Chester Thompson and Napoleon Brock Appreciation Time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cPg7z1pclA]YouTube - Frank Zappa - Inca roads[/ame]

Lets see, we have black history month and now African-American Music Appreciation Month

I am searching hard for

Irish American month anything
American Indian month anything.
Itilian American month anything
Asian American month anything.
Anglo American month anything.
Mexican American month anything.

Just saying ya know.

Latinos and Asians have months, whites, well they made their "race" invisble so they have none. Well they do have US history in high school which is taught all year during school time.

funny-graphs-study-of-influences-indo-gin-juice.gif

Yeah. Because that is the sum total of African American's contribution to American music.

Here are a few out of a very long list of African American artists I appreciate:

Leadbelly
leadbelly.jpg

Robert Johnson
robert_johnson2.jpg

Louis Armstrong
louis-armstrong.jpg

Jelly Roll Morton
Jelly-Roll-Morton--001.jpg

Hendrix
jimi_hendrix-996.jpg

What about rocknroll, R&B, disco, house, jazz, ragtime, gospel, should I name more like the blues?

Without the music coming out of the Mississippi Delta, most of the music these guys appreciate would be non-existent or entirely lame.

Elvis just took what African Americans had been doing for decades and made it palatable for mainstream (and white) America.

I heard that Fiddy is trying to resuscitate his career, after getting smacked down by Kanye last year.

Here's a pic of him in the studio.

637yip4.jpg

Forum List

Back