Afghans Urge U.S. Exit After Killings; U.S. Says Timetable Unchanged...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Timetable unchanged? Why? They want us out. So let's oblige. 'The Longest War' is over. Time to bring our Soldiers and our Tax Dollars back home.

The massacre of 16 villagers by a U.S. soldier triggered angry calls from Afghans for an immediate American exit even as the Obama administration vowed on Monday that the killings would not alter U.S. plans for the war.

Just days before Sunday's attack, Kabul and Washington had made significant progress in negotiations on a strategic partnership agreement that would allow American advisers and special forces to stay in Afghanistan after most foreign combat troops leave at the end of 2014.

But securing a full deal may be far more difficult now after a U.S. Army staff sergeant walked off his base in the southern province of Kandahar in the middle of night and gunned down at least 16 villagers, mostly women and children.

"This could delay the signing of the Strategic Partnership Agreement," an Afghan government official told Reuters.

The attack was the latest incident to ignite Afghan anger at the United States, coming on the heels of U.S. soldiers' burning of copies of the Koran on a NATO base last month, and other incidents that have intensified America's perception problem in Afghanistan.

U.S. President Barack Obama and his NATO partners intend to pull most of their troops out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014, leaving an inexperienced local army in charge.

Officials in Washington denied suggestions that the killings might alter U.S. plans.

"I do not believe this incident will change the timetable of a strategy that was designed and is being implemented in a way to allow for the withdrawal of U.S. forces, to allow for their transfer of lead security authority over to the Afghans," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.

Afghans urge U.S. exit after killings; US says timetable unchanged - Yahoo! News Canada
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I thought I read somewhere that the deadline was moved up because of this incident and the Quran burnings?

I hope so. They're burning American Flags and chanting 'Death to America' in their streets. It's all over. Not one more Soldier needs to die in that Hell-Hole.

I thought I read somewhere that the deadline was moved up because of this incident and the Quran burnings?

I hope so. They're burning American Flags and chanting 'Death to America' in their streets. It's all over. Not one more Soldier needs to die in that Hell-Hole.

Well they burn American flags and chat Death to America every day, although it has gotten really bad lately with this incident, the Quran burnings and the pissing on Taliban thing.

Nice to hear you sounding like an actual 'paulitician' for a change.

Nice to hear you sounding like an actual 'paulitician' for a change.

Thanks, i think. :)
Let the Taliban take over? The longest war ends in defeat?

The Taliban took over vast portions of Aghanistan a long time ago. That's unfortunately already a done-deal. Our own Government has accepted this. They're currently in talks with the Taliban & Afghan Government, to hand half the country over to the Taliban. So there is no need for any more Soldiers to die over there. It's over. So let's bring our kids and our money back home.

The Taliban took over vast portions of Aghanistan a long time ago. That's unfortunately already a done-deal. Our own Government has accepted this. They're currently in talks with the Taliban & Afghan Government, to hand half the country over to the Taliban. So there is no need for any more Soldiers to die over there. It's over. So let's bring our kids and our money back home.
And hope, pray, or wish the government will be able to control Islamic radicals........................what happened to "stay the course"?

We actually helped the Taliban set up a consulate of some sorts in Qatar for these negociations, and the Taliban already have an office in Turkey, why the Turks let them set that up is anyones guess. Letting the Taliban expand their tentacles like this is a really bad idea imo.

We actually helped the Taliban set up a consulate of some sorts in Qatar for these negociations, and the Taliban already have an office in Turkey, why the Turks let them set that up is anyones guess. Letting the Taliban expand their tentacles like this is a really bad idea imo.

I hear ya, but it's already a done-deal. That's the route our Government has chose to go. It's the old 'If you can't beat em, join em' strategy. There will be very serious Blowback on that for us someday. But it is the path they're taking. So no more Soldiers need to die over there. They really would be dying for nothing.

I hear ya, but it's already a done-deal. That's the route our Government has chose to go. It's the old 'If you can't beat em, join em' strategy. There will be very serious Blowback on that for us someday. But it is the path they're taking. So no more Soldiers need to die over there. They really would be dying for nothing.

Man if I knew before we went into Afghanistan that we would let the Taliban keep half of the country and help them set up consulates in other countries I would have not wanted to send our men and women over there, the Taliban are not just some illiterate goat fuckers living in caves anymore they are going global, stay tuned for Taliban consulates in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.:doubt:

Man if I knew before we went into Afghanistan that we would let the Taliban keep half of the country and help them set up consulates in other countries I would have not wanted to send our men and women over there, the Taliban are not just some illiterate goat fuckers living in caves anymore they are going global, stay tuned for Taliban consulates in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.:doubt:

Agree 100%. It's a real fluster-cuck over there.

"Stay the course" is down for the count I gather. ; )

"Stay the course" is down for the count I gather. ; )

Yup.

Angry afghans ? Angry Jihadists? gee, you dont say.............

its time to pull out the troops, leaving some special forces to direct the daisy cutters, drones, napalm, white phosphorous and plenty of depleted uranium .............

just obliterate their camps, poppy fields and put an economic stranglehold on those neanderthals ....just starve em to death...........

They're not so bad...
The Taliban have embarked on a sophisticated information war, using modern media tools as well as some old-fashioned ones, to soften their image and win favor with local Afghans as they try to counter the Americans’ new campaign to win Afghan hearts and minds. ........The Taliban’s spiritual leader, Mullah Muhammad Omar, issued a lengthy directive late last spring outlining a new code of conduct for the Taliban. The dictates include bans on suicide bombings against civilians, burning down schools, or cutting off ears, lips and tongues. . .......
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/21/world/asia/21taliban.html?pagewanted=all

Perhaps the war has been effective by teaching them the error of their ways...after all, they've stopped cutting off ears, lips and tongues - they've gone all soft.
They'll be voting Democrat next!

They're not so bad...
The Taliban have embarked on a sophisticated information war, using modern media tools as well as some old-fashioned ones, to soften their image and win favor with local Afghans as they try to counter the Americans’ new campaign to win Afghan hearts and minds. ........The Taliban’s spiritual leader, Mullah Muhammad Omar, issued a lengthy directive late last spring outlining a new code of conduct for the Taliban. The dictates include bans on suicide bombings against civilians, burning down schools, or cutting off ears, lips and tongues. . .......

Perhaps the war has been effective by teaching them the error of their ways...after all, they've stopped cutting off ears, lips and tongues - they've gone all soft.

I don't buy it, they will be right back to stoning women and chopping off heads in soccer stadiums after we leave.

They're not so bad...

I don't buy it, they will be right back to stoning women and chopping off heads in soccer stadiums after we leave.

When did you lose your faith in human nature?

Forum List

Back