Afghanistan Improving.

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Reporting from Istanbul, Turkey - The top U.S. military commander in Afghanistan said Thursday that security there is no longer deteriorating, a view that represents his most optimistic assessment yet.

Army Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, meeting with reporters a day before NATO talks here, pointed to signs of stability that, though difficult to quantify, indicate that Afghans also see improvements in many areas of commerce and daily life.

"I still will tell you the situation in Afghanistan is serious," he said. "I do not say now it is deteriorating."
Gen. McChrystal sees progress in Afghanistan - latimes.com

As you all no doubt know, I'm not normally a suporter of the President on matters of policy but if the situation in Afghanistan continues to improve as the General has suggested then his poilcy was the correct one. It goes without saying the commitment by the Military is always honored and I am glad to see the situation improving due to their hard work and dedication.

Hopefully it will continue to improve.

noose , I agree, I think that if the situation has improved to this point with the vast majority of the surge forces yet to be deployed then perhaps when they are the situation will be vastly better.

This is good news. Now, can they work on a timeline for getting the troops out of there, or is that not realistic at this point in time?

Please name which military ever held any ground in Afghanistan for any length of time.
Allowing the heroin trade to operate freely is a hefty price to pay to operate in Afghanistan.
One only has to look at the multi million dollar mansions being built around Kabul by Afghan officials to get the real story. Corruption is rampant.
Our military is the finest in the world. I commend them and their families for their total commitment.
But that has nothing to do with the political and cultural situation in Afghanistan. We could stay there 10 years and then leave and all hell would break loose.

And the second US troops are moved it will fall apart again.

End this stupid war now.

Absolutely! never pursue victory, and when things are looking up, put up the white flag!

If we did that, we'd be French.

Please name which military ever held any ground in Afghanistan for any length of time.
Allowing the heroin trade to operate freely is a hefty price to pay to operate in Afghanistan.
One only has to look at the multi million dollar mansions being built around Kabul by Afghan officials to get the real story. Corruption is rampant.
Our military is the finest in the world. I commend them and their families for their total commitment.
But that has nothing to do with the political and cultural situation in Afghanistan. We could stay there 10 years and then leave and all hell would break loose.

Sadly the same is true of Iraq.

There will NEVER be lasting peace in the ME until those living there DEMAND, FIGHT, and DIE for it. We can NOT want it FOR them enough to make it a reality. It always pissed me off when Bush would talk about "SPREADING" Democracy like it was peanut butter over toast! Democracy is the PRIZE for those who SACRIFICE their OWN lives and treasure to claim it it can NEVER be given. IMHO.

Instead of attacking radical Islam with the military, why not attack with Western decadence?

Our pointless wars and endless occupations in the Mideast may serve Israel, but they don't serve the U.S. They just produce more terrorists who hate America.

Islam does not represent a military threat (or a technological threat). Islam is only a threat because of its swelling population and immigration into Europe. We can counter this threat by slowing Muslim population growth.

We could drop pinkos and perverts onto U.S. enemies in the Mideast to reduce their numbers. We could give them our pro-abortion fanatics, our transgender activists, our most hate-filled feminist scolds, our drug-addled Hollywood degenerates.

Release Barney Frank and his ilk if you really want to devastate the enemy.
dfghjkl.jpg

He's worse than anthrax.

New Topics

Forum List

Back