Afghanistan has spiraled out of control. Get our fucking troops out of there.

I don't know about Al Qaeda but the Taliban are in large numbers, they breached a US Military outpost near the Pakistan border and killed 4 US Troops last month.

I don't have access to that story. What were those LARGE numbers?

I don't know how many troops attacked the base but the Taliban numbers in the tens of thousands, are you saying they are a small force?

The most heinous aspect of this debacle, is that our Government is currently working on a deal that will turn at least half of Afghanistan over to the Taliban. So why are our kids still dying over there? Probably the biggest tragedy of all in this longest War.

What did Einstein say about the definition of insanity? Our Government continues to order our Soldiers to train Afghan Police who inevitably come back to murder them. Pretty insane, no? What a mess.

You aren't thinking it through.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. Our government doesn't expect a different result. The intend the same result. They are not repeating the same actions as if they were failures, but successes. The definition of sanity might be repeating the same actions over and over again expecting the same result.

I don't have access to that story. What were those LARGE numbers?

I don't know how many troops attacked the base but the Taliban numbers in the tens of thousands, are you saying they are a small force?

The most heinous aspect of this debacle, is that our Government is currently working on a deal that will turn at least half of Afghanistan over to the Taliban. So why are our kids still dying over there? Probably the biggest tragedy of all in this longest War.

I definently agree with leaving Afghanistan but we shouldn't be making any deals with those assholes, just let them fight it out when we leave.

Indeed.........Just leave an extensive intelligence network, a bunch of daisy cutters, and plenty of drones............

And bring napalm back..................

Afghanistan has proven itself over hundreds and hundreds of years to be tribal region that has little if any notion about the word nation. In order to first build a nation you must have a nation and as such from the Persians, British, Russians, and now our nation, the idea that Afghanistan will become a citizen nation of the world is a pipe dream. It will and will always remain tribal and will revert to where it was soon after we depart from it. It would have done so had we departed 5 years ago or 5 days ago, so it serves to useful purpose to expend our blood, money and time on a tribial region that has no value to our nation and one in which holds us in utter contempt for being there. If the sole purpose for the United States being in Afghanistan is now to base drones for strikes against targets in Pakistan it would seem there are many more friendly confines for that purpose. So yes, the sooner we depart Afghanistan the better, because the mission was accomplished there long ago and even more so, the primary mission was accomplished last year.

I concur.

There is a really good book about the historic difficulties of Afghanistan called Butcher & Bolt, by David Loyn. Everyone who wants to really understand the issues should read it. It's on the recommended reading list for US Army Officers.

You guys and your head in the sand bullshit. We live in a dangerous world, not the 1800's... If we don't have perpetual war all around the world America is in danger, we fight them there so we don't have to fight them here where they can kill our children... and stuff...

You’re “foreign policy” is dangerous, short sighted and isolationism is pure stupidity in this day in age!!

Oh and you hate the troops!!!

Did I hit every talking point that gets yelled at me and other Paul supporters for talking about leaving stupid wars?

Leaving the dregs in the middle east to marinate in a stew of their own making only works if we do not import their insanity here. Once we allow them to go crazy and kill one another, we have to keep the crazy out of this country or we will have those same crazies being crazy right here. We should pull all of our troops out of the middle east, and revoke all the visas from those who come from the middle east and prohibit immigration from these countries. Otherwise, we pull the troops out of there only to bring the evil here.

It's all just more Big Brother madness. Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace and Government must take your rights away in order to 'Preserve' them. Man, when will Americans finally decide to take the Red Pill?

We haven't won hearts and minds in Afghanistan. We should get out yesterday.

I feel sorry for the innocent Muslim children in the middle of this, But I also feel so bad for the children who will grow up in America without a parent, or young people dying for nothing due to those crazy nut jobs. I agree with Gramps we need to get out of there now.

We have been there way too long....
Time to get out was a long time ago....
Leave these people to the stone age they crave....Get out now....

With all these new deaths caused by "insider" jihadists, it's time to bail.

BUT not only bail, but cut off all foreign aid. I think they've soaked all of us long enough. I was an ardent supporter of attempting to reform Afghan society (in particular I've been a proponent of women's rights in the ME for over a decade) but I give up.

There will be no change in certain territories. It won't be allowed by the hard line extremists. I'd thought, hoped and prayed that Afghanistan could eventually progress to be a Turkey or a Jordan.

But I don't see it happening. The hard liners aren't going to progress and now with Obama's Arab Spring handing most of the rest of the ME over to the Brotherhood, there's no hope whatsoever.

When they're passing laws that allow necrophilia with your deceased wife for up to 6 hours, I don't want any of my tax payer dollars funding any country like that.

I've washed my hands of them. Their barbarism will never fade.

Forum List

Back