Afghanistan Deaths Hit Close to Home.......

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Close to my home:

Local woman's soldier husband killed in Afghanistan violence | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local

OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. — A local woman's husband was one of two American soldiers killed Wednesday night during a protest in Afghanistan.

The violence began Tuesday after coalition forces burned Islamic literature.

Megan Born grew up in Olive Branch, Illinois. She and her husband Joshua Born had been married since June of 2010.

"It's crazy how I found out," said Born.

Born can't stop thinking about the text message that changed her life.

"She got a text from an army wife on post who had heard," said Cindy Parker, Megan's mother.

She had heard the news Megan's Army husband Josh was dead.

From just across the river.

And the manner in which she found out her husband was dead does make one wonder who, exactly, is in charge!

Last edited:
So much for apoligizing to fundamentalist Muslims whom wanna whack off ANY Americans head if given an Acme minute!
Did Obie think they'd blow kisses, paint rainbows, while riding Unicorns, if he apologized?
Meanwhile, 15th century barbarian Muslims, resume your 21st century normal activities..............

So much for apoligizing to fundamentalist Muslims whom wanna whack off ANY Americans head if given an Acme minute!
Did Obie think they'd blow kisses, paint rainbows, while riding Unicorns, if he apologized?
Meanwhile, 15th century barbarian Muslims, resume your 21st century normal activities..............

Look at how the widow found out her husband was dead. WTF? Who the hell is in control anyway. Certainly not our commander in chief!

Look at how the widow found out her husband was dead. WTF? Who the hell is in control anyway. Certainly not our commander in chief!

During the height of the Vietnam war, McNamara and LBJ both came to the conclusion that neither knew what the hell they were doin'!
So, to answer your question, there is no one at the wheel steering this bus. :smoke:.
Unfortunately, too many Americans just assume that those in charge know what they're doing. History and current reality supports the fact that this is not necessarily, the case.

In the days before overseas phones & the internet, it was easier to to control such information. Saying no one is in control is not accurate. The INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY has changed many lives, not always for the better. I just skimmed over at a hundred pages of a newspaper published in the last few days....IN IRAN. Not possible even 30 years ago; a member of our Armed Forces dies, those around the fallen soldier reach for their laptops.

In the days before overseas phones & the internet, it was easier to to control such information. Saying no one is in control is not accurate. The INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY has changed many lives, not always for the better. I just skimmed over at a hundred pages of a newspaper published in the last few days....IN IRAN. Not possible even 30 years ago; a member of our Armed Forces dies, those around the fallen soldier reach for their laptops.

Obama's army is out of control. He can't even get a widow notified properly. This is unacceptable.

That is sad... mostly the fact that she lost her husband over such a stupid event. But what an awful way to learn about that loss.

My heart goes out to her.

Immie

Obama's army is out of control. He can't even get a widow notified properly. This is unacceptable.
Blaming Obama for television isn't going to stop the overload. The fallen soldier's superior officers are responsible, but I cannot condemn them. NEWS is jamming our lives. It is tragic she learned from TV, sad the station ran such a "story" without checking with military authorities. But all media today wants to be "FIRST with the story!" The result is more inaccurate news and the hideous way your friend learned of her husband's death. A man burned to death last week in a trucked parked next to my office; this is a small town; still, a Jacksonville news station had their van there within 4 hours of his death.

Before the internet, it took mucho years and a book by McNamara to find out that neither he nor the Prez knew nada about what they were doing concerning VietNam.
I'd rather know much sooner then later.
But that's just me. :cool:

Blaming Obama for television isn't going to stop the overload. The fallen soldier's superior officers are responsible, but I cannot condemn them. NEWS is jamming our lives. It is tragic she learned from TV, sad the station ran such a "story" without checking with military authorities. But all media today wants to be "FIRST with the story!" The result is more inaccurate news and the hideous way your friend learned of her husband's death. A man burned to death last week in a trucked parked next to my office; this is a small town; still, a Jacksonville news station had their van there within 4 hours of his death.

TV? The article states she learned it from a text message from another Army wife. Can you imagine opening a text that said something like, "I'm so sorry to hear about Josh's death?..."

What a horrible way to find out something like that. I don't blame the other army wife, but, I have to say, I am 100% certain that I could not message a friend in that manner before I knew for certain that the friend had been given the news personally.

Immie

TV? The article states she learned it from a text message from another Army wife. Can you imagine opening a text that said something like, "I'm so sorry to hear about Josh's death?..."

What a horrible way to find out something like that. I don't blame the other army wife, but, I have to say, I am 100% certain that I could not message a friend in that manner before I knew for certain that the friend had been given the news personally.

Immie

The way this woman found out is unacceptable.

Immie

A gross presumption of personal responsibility is assumed with the current technology. In an era when teenage girls are posting their faces on Youtube and have total strangers rate their physical looks.........well.......look no furthur then their adult parents; many whom don't have a clue (about personal responsibility, that is). :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back