Afghanistan before the US-backed mujahideen took over in the 90's.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
It would have been a nice place to visit.
When Duke Ellington played Kabul

Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia

afghanistan.jpg

image019.jpg

gzwtaz_ymvilyres5jco5jl72ejkfbmt4t8yenimkbvaiqdb_rd1h6kmubwtcebj.jpg
_Cpqb1gsG3d0ONOWxK5QwWLEUQJvigqHxDEtUgYay0c.png

Afghan women before the Taliban
afghanistan241.jpg

548x331_afghan_women_1970s_via_twitter.jpg

th

_69959579_50546233.jpg

....they were fighting and killing each other before the Russians and US got involved

Those pictures are from the 70's. The Soviets stupidly and unnecessarily stirred that pot by invading that shithole. We didn't "support" the Mujadeen; we opposed the Soviets.

The point is that Russia has nothing to do with the fact that we created our own enemy
in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

I don't know about Russia, but I'm pretty sure that the Soviet Union played a significant role in helping Afghanistan to become what it is today.

The point is that Russia has nothing to do with the fact that we created our own enemy
in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

I don't know about Russia, but I'm pretty sure that the Soviet Union played a significant role in helping Afghanistan to become what it is today.
Did they have a role in Iraq ? What's your point ?
We shouldn't be there, just like we shouldn't have been in Iran in 1953.

Iran, 4 years before we interfered there.

I'm pretty sure it was the Ayatollah and his Revolutionary Guard that changed women's dress code.
.... On August 19, 1953, modern Iranian history took a critical turn when a U.S.- and British-backed coup overthrew the country’s prime minister, Mohammed Mossadegh. The event’s reverberations have haunted its orchestrators over the years, contributing to the anti-Americanism that accompanied the Shah’s ouster in early 1979, and even influencing the Iranians who seized the U.S. Embassy in Tehran later that year.
CIA Admits It Was Behind Iran's Coup

Forum List

Back