Afghan President Wants U.S. Troops Out Of Villages...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Nice 'friend' we have in Karzai huh? How much Blood & Treasure have we spent keeping that jerk in power? This is not how friends treat each other. So forget the Villages, let's get the Hell out of the Country completely. Nothing more to be gained over there. Bring our kids home now.

The American campaign in Afghanistan suffered a double blow Thursday: President Hamid Karzai demanded NATO troops immediately pull out of rural areas in the wake of the killing of 16 civilians, and the Taliban broke off talks with the U.S.

The setbacks effectively paralyze the two main tracks for ending the 10-year-old war. Part of that exit strategy is to gradually transfer authority to Afghan forces while another tack is to pull the Taliban into some sort of political discussions with the Afghan government.

Karzai also said he now wants Afghan forces take the lead for countrywide security in 2013, a year ahead of schedule. He spoke as Afghan lawmakers were expressing outrage that the U.S. flew the soldier suspected in civilian killings to Kuwait Wednesday night when they were demanding he be tried in the country.

"Afghan security forces have the ability to keep the security in rural areas and in villages on their own," Karzai said in a statement after meeting visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. He said he had conveyed his demand to Panetta during their meeting.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Janan Mosazai confirmed that Karzai was asking for NATO to immediately pull back from villages and rural areas to main bases.

Karzai is confident that Afghan security forces know "a thousand times better than any foreign troops the culturally sensitive ways of dealing with their own people," Mosazai said.

If the NATO troops did pullback, it would leave vast areas of the country unprotected and essentially mean the end of the strategy of trying to win hearts and minds by working with and protecting the local populations.

Read More:
Karzai tells NATO pull back, Taliban-US talks off - Yahoo! News
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

And let the Taliban morph into another al Qaeda? THAT is my concern.

It's not going to do us any good to be over there any longer (as if it ever really did anyway). We need to bring our military back home NOW. It's more dangerous there now than it's ever been...they don't want us there. I think a date of June 30, 2012 would be an excellent date to have us all out of there (it's also my birthday :) ) It would be the best birthday present ever to know my son will never have to go there...3 times in Iraq has been more than enough!

It's not going to do us any good to be over there any longer (as if it ever really did anyway). We need to bring our military back home NOW. It's more dangerous there now than it's ever been...they don't want us there. I think a date of June 30, 2012 would be an excellent date to have us all out of there (it's also my birthday :) ) It would be the best birthday present ever to know my son will never have to go there...3 times in Iraq has been more than enough!

I hear that. Hope your Birthday wish comes true. :)

Gee, were is the love after all we did for them ppl.................

Karzai is confident that Afghan security forces know "a thousand times better than any foreign troops the culturally sensitive ways of dealing with their own people," Mosazai said.

Makes sense - might give it a try, as long as they keep in mind we landed on their territory whether they liked it or not and will leave when we decide to.

It would be the best birthday present ever to know my son will never have to go there...3 times in Iraq has been more than enough!

Its not that easy, it would take years to have everyone and everything pulled out of Afghanistan. 2014 is probably more realistic, even though I would like to have everyone home ASAP.

Fuck the villages, I want our men and women home. Fuck Karzai and fuck Afghanistan too.

Yup I say we bomb any villages with known insurgants from the air and bring our troops home.

We can use unmaned drones to remotely take out suspicious camps.

Well to use un manned drones you have to have bases in the area for them to be staged.

Yup I say we bomb any villages with known insurgants from the air and bring our troops home.

We can use unmaned drones to remotely take out suspicious camps.

Well to use un manned drones you have to have bases in the area for them to be staged.

Aircraft carriers ;)

Is there anyway to just be done with the area? lets just throw our lot in with India, fuck Pakistan and Afghanistan.

If the elected leader of the country asks us to leave, we should leave. If that allows Al Queda to take over... or the Taliban... or Mickey Mouse, at that point it isn't our problem, as we were just doing what the elected leaders asked.

If the elected leader of the country asks us to leave, we should leave. If that allows Al Queda to take over... or the Taliban... or Mickey Mouse, at that point it isn't our problem, as we were just doing what the elected leaders asked.

Well he technically didn't ask the US to leave completely, just pull our troops out of the villages. Karzai loves American cash, don't get it twisted.

Forum List

Back