Afghan massacre suspect on flight to US

jodylee

Jan 26, 2007
An American soldier suspected of shooting 16 civilians in Afghanistan on Sunday is being moved to a military base in Kansas, reports AFP.
The soldier is expected to arrive at Fort Leavenworth on Friday afternoon, says his civilian attorney, John Henry Browne.
After the deadly incident, the 38-year-old army staff sergeant, whose name has not been disclosed, was temporary held at a military base in Kuwait. The transfer to "a safer" detention facility sparked fury among Afghan lawmakers, who urged for a public trial of the suspect in Afghanistan.
Afghan investigators say more than one soldier was involved in the shooting spree in the south of the country. They estimate up to 20 people split into two groups had been operating in two villages, killing 16 people, nine children among them, on March 11

Afghan massacre suspect on flight to US — RT

I don't know why they are NOT releasing his name. It should be released...
His family's safety, I read. I also read he had been drinking that night, reported by two soldiers who drank with him. It was his FAMILY that said he was "calm" & did not indicate any hostilities towards Afghanis. It is all over the news. He will be easy to identify, the press is HELPFULLY giving details about his family, attorney's name, everything but his name. TWO kids ages 3 & 4.

I don't know why they are NOT releasing his name. It should be released...
His family's safety, I read. I also read he had been drinking that night, reported by two soldiers who drank with him. It was his FAMILY that said he was "calm" & did not indicate any hostilities towards Afghanis. It is all over the news. He will be easy to identify, the press is HELPFULLY giving details about his family, attorney's name, everything but his name. TWO kids ages 3 & 4.

Sadly, for some people.... putting his family at risk is inconsequential.

Yeah - I agree with the protecting the family thing. I can see that. And I understand that.
But why is this alleged murderer being treated differently than any other alleged murderer in custody.

Forum List

Back