Afghan Marriage/Rape law... and we complain?

Gurdari

Egaliterra
Feb 2, 2007
the West
Canada decries Afghan sex law
'An Outrage'; Karzai cautioned against curtailing women's rights

So, it sounds like we fought and died, killed lots of civillians all to make this place more democratic... so we better live with whatever decisions the make. No matter how reprehensible they seem, we made the situation where they could vote on laws like this...

So, it sounds like we fought and died, killed lots of civillians all to make this place more democratic... so we better live with whatever decisions the make. No matter how reprehensible they seem, we made the situation where they could vote on laws like this...
The countries who sent soldiers to Afghanistan didn't send them to die to install Democracy just so these Dark Age assholes can start this Sharia law shit up.

This is a great law. After a few years of marriage and a few juniors pop out you basically have to rape your wife anyways, why not make it legal!:( This time the Muslims got it right!:eusa_eh:

Seriously what did you expect? You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl!

Fuck that. There are such things as universal rights and not being fucking well raped is a universal right and fuck any custom or law that says the opposite. This is a pile of shit and the fuckers who support it should be fucking well kicked up the arse big time. Fuck them.

Fuck that. There are such things as universal rights and not being fucking well raped is a universal right and fuck any custom or law that says the opposite. This is a pile of shit and the fuckers who support it should be fucking well kicked up the arse big time. Fuck them.

By the way my liberal friend! Women were treated far worse by the taliban, yet the left seems want to apologize for them!

The countries who sent soldiers to Afghanistan didn't send them to die to install Democracy just so these Dark Age assholes can start this Sharia law shit up.

Tough one, if we installed democracy, then it's their decsion, if we did not make them democratic, what does that say about us? Are we just overlords?

Universal rights? While I agree and wish they were respected, 'universal' means it applies to all nations. And unfortunately most nations pick and choose what international laws apply to them... or they just veto that shit.

As for this law - either it's their country - their laws - their decision - or we're what? Occupying colonizers? We have to pick one or the other...

By the way my liberal friend! Women were treated far worse by the taliban, yet the left seems want to apologize for them!

Show some proof then.

Universal rights? While I agree and wish they were respected, 'universal' means it applies to all nations. And unfortunately most nations pick and choose what international laws apply to them... or they just veto that shit.

As for this law - either it's their country - their laws - their decision - or we're what? Occupying colonizers? We have to pick one or the other...

The fact that some nations - and yes, many do ignore the idea of universal human rights (including ones which signed up to the declaration) - that doesn't invalidate the existence of universal human rights, it merely means some countries are run by stinking hypocrites.

This law. Since the west is running the show realpolitik dictates that the west vetoes this vicious piece of law.

The fact that some nations - and yes, many do ignore the idea of universal human rights (including ones which signed up to the declaration) - that doesn't invalidate the existence of universal human rights, it merely means some countries are run by stinking hypocrites.

This law. Since the west is running the show realpolitik dictates that the west vetoes this vicious piece of law.

Vetoing it would undermine our 'moral' reasoning for being there... haha, so we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Unless we start running our laws by them before they get passed...

Best be damned then, for doing good :D

but then we're the good guys who care about rights in one place, and not in another. We're the hypocrites who talk a good game until it gets uncomfortable then we revert to colonialists... sort of a poor way to spread our values.

Best be damned then, for doing good :D

but then we're the good guys who care about rights in one place, and not in another. We're the hypocrites who talk a good game until it gets uncomfortable then we revert to colonialists... sort of a poor way to spread our values.

I'm very happy to colonise on the basis of enforcing universal human rights.

Now that's no argument, I know that, it would be ripped apart in any formal debate because I'm assuming far too much about universal human rights. But you know, what we're looking at isn't a debate, it's real life hence my earlier reference to realpolitik.

I saw an online story about how Sharia has been approved by the Pakistan parliament for the Swat (?) Valley. Apparently no dissenters. The Taleban had said they would take action against any parliamentarian who voted against the move.

I'm very happy to colonise on the basis of enforcing universal human rights and to put these theocratic bastards back in their box and to make sure that those nukes in Pakistan don't all in the hands of said theocratic bastards.

If I look like a hypocrite for that then I'll wear it gladly.

Forum List

Back