Afghan Locals, Taliban Drive Islamic State From Tora Bora Region

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
WASHINGTON - Local residents joined forces with Afghan Taliban militants to repel an Islamic State attack in a remote district in eastern Afghanistan, where Osama bin Laden once took refuge, according to local tribesmen.

Late Friday, after about three days of fierce fighting in the mountains, IS fighters reportedly retreated to scattered villages after suffering dozens of casualties.

The battles began Tuesday when IS fighters attacked Taliban positions in the Tora Bora mountains in the Pachiragam district of eastern Nangarhar province that borders Pakistan. Locals, who see IS militants as a threat to their region, came to the aid of the Taliban with militias to push out IS.

Taliban gains control

Tora Bora, known for its complex set of mountain caves, was the site of a U.S. military offensive in December 2001, where al-Qaida's leader, Osama bin Laden, was reportedly hiding before he managed to cross into neighboring Pakistan. The Taliban has gained control of much of Tora Bora in recent years as it gains ground in rural areas against Afghan troops, which have largely retreated.

Lacking an Afghan government military presence in the area, locals have taken up arms to fight IS to defend their lands, Nangarhar government spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told VOA.The fighting displaced about 500 families, he added.
Afghan Locals Taliban Drive Islamic State From Tora Bora Region

And that is why there is no end.

It is not clear to me where the Interests of ISIS DIVERGE from the interests of Taliban.
AL QAIDA and Taliban used to be allies

Still a hopeless mess. 15 years into it. Truck bomb goes off in large city recently killing 90, wounding 400. Nothing is better. Let them kill as they wish. Get out. Tora Bora should have been MOAB in 2003. Even better, tactical nukes.

Last edited:
Still a hopeless mess. 15 years into it. Truck bomb goes off in large city recently killing 90, wounding 400. Nothing is better. Let them kill as they wish. Get out. Tora Tora should have been MOAB in 2003. Even better, tactical nukes.
But Scrub wasn't all that concerned, so he let The Big Unit just walk out unmolested....

Damn was he a fucking idiot.

Did anyone here vote for him?

Still a hopeless mess. 15 years into it. Truck bomb goes off in large city recently killing 90, wounding 400. Nothing is better. Let them kill as they wish. Get out. Tora Tora should have been MOAB in 2003. Even better, tactical nukes.

ToraTora?

I cannot grasp what is going on between the various FACTIONS --------as far as I know----it
is almost entirely sunni muslim with a small Shiite minority-------lots of different ethnic
groups-------BUT WHAT ARE THEY KILLING each other for? --------is there something there
that someone wants from the other poor guy in a tent on the hill? The hindus and Buddhists and
Christians are all gone--------lots of nice real estate but they do not seem to be seeking to fight
over this or that frozen hill

Speak of the Devil..........deeply sighing. Get out of that hell hole. Get out of ALL ME hell-holes! WTH? They won't let them fight and annihilate all of any enemy. So.....why? Get out.

"Three American service members were killed and another wounded Saturday when an Afghan soldier opened fire on them in the country's eastern Nangarhar province, U.S. officials said." June 10 2017

Afghan soldier fatally shoots three U.S. soldiers; 1 injured

Last edited:
Bump. The above event deserves USMB members to read it. Same old crap. The Enemy within is still allowed to roam free and shoot USA Soldiers. ENOUGH!

Someone should do a thread...oh I suppose this is the thread? Soldiers are very valuable. Why in earth would you pack armed muslim enemy bastards into the same base?

Last edited:
The Afghanis are trying to drive the USA out too.

We should take their hints and leave.

Forum List

Back