Affordable Care Act

Do you have employer provided health care?

• Yes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Also, Andy, having healthcare be profit driven in a place like INDIA is horrible.

Really? Then why do millions of people go to India every single year for health care? They clearly don't see it as horrible as you do.
Hey, genius, that was satire, the government in india makes sure drug prices are low. LOL.

As far as I know, they do not subsidize drug prices. The reason drugs are cheaper there, is simply free-market capitalism at work.

Again, people do not go to India's government run hospitals. Those suck terribly. They go to the pay-for-service, free-market Capitalist based hospitals.... which are fantastic.

India has price caps on drugs.

india-administers-price-cap-dose-to-drug-companies-1411135826

Price controls fail to improve poor people's access to medicines in India, IMS report says

Price controls fail to improve access.

"The report also noted that earlier efforts by Beijing in this area as well as countries such as the Philippines and South Korea "consistently failed" to improve overall access to medicines."

Try again.

How many times are you going to promote a failed concept, before you figure out the concept itself is bad?

Look, try and put yourself in the place. I have no idea what you do for a living, but let's say that you produce three products.... and you have 8 hours a day to work on any of those three products.

Then the government comes in and says, it's unfair for you to make a good living off of a product because other people are poor. So the government says you can only earn a $20,000 a year profit off of that product.

Now, you can choose which product to spend your 8-hours a day on. Which is it going to be? The product where no matter how hard you work, or how much product you make, you can only make $20K a year on it? Or one of the others?

Last edited:
the last i read from the GAO or CBO is if the ACA were repealed it would ADD 300 billion to the National debt...over 10 years...

I wonder how citizens of those red states feel that could have had coverage through expanded Medicaid, but can't because their Governors denied it to them?

It's called "fiscal responsibility".

You want what happened to Detroit, to happen at the state level?

For Many American States, It's Like the Recession Never Ended

Most states are facing budget short falls.

Pretty easy for Obama, and arrogant people on a forum, to claim states should have just increased Medicaid and Medicare spending, when you don't have to cough up the money for it.

How many people did you let die today?

I have no problem with my taxes being raised so others that can't afford it won't.

I already said that. How about YOU?

You claim that not helping someone is immoral. You're not helping millions right now. Why not?

I voted for Obama. I personally would have liked a public option. The status quo would have kept millions uninsured. The attempt by the right to repeal the ACA some 50+ times cost the taxpayer how many millions of $$$ ? And it's STILL the law. So much for fiscal responsibility & compassionate conservatism. ;)

That's nice, but it has nothing to do with the question. How is not helping someone immoral? How do you deal with the fact that you're not helping people, people you could be helping, right now?

I don't think people should remain ill, or eventually die because they could not afford medical help. To me, having the attitude of 'oh well, tough shit' is immoral. And since I am not a doctor, the best I could do is vote in people that have the same mindset as me. Obama ran on the ACA as part of his platform, which was one reason why I voted for him.

By all means, donate all your own money to the cause. I donate money for charity care. Do you?

But I don't FORCE people to support others at the end of a gun. That's not charity, that's tyranny.

I have no problem with my taxes being raised so others that can't afford it won't.

I already said that. How about YOU?

You claim that not helping someone is immoral. You're not helping millions right now. Why not?

I voted for Obama. I personally would have liked a public option. The status quo would have kept millions uninsured. The attempt by the right to repeal the ACA some 50+ times cost the taxpayer how many millions of $$$ ? And it's STILL the law. So much for fiscal responsibility & compassionate conservatism. ;)

That's nice, but it has nothing to do with the question. How is not helping someone immoral? How do you deal with the fact that you're not helping people, people you could be helping, right now?

I don't think people should remain ill, or eventually die because they could not afford medical help. To me, having the attitude of 'oh well, tough shit' is immoral. And since I am not a doctor, the best I could do is vote in people that have the same mindset as me. Obama ran on the ACA as part of his platform, which was one reason why I voted for him.

By all means, donate all your own money to the cause. I donate money for charity care. Do you?

But I don't FORCE people to support others at the end of a gun. That's not charity, that's tyranny.
Universal healthcare is tyranny and done with the end of a gun? R/shitamericanssay

Universal healthcare is tyranny and done with the end of a gun? R/shitamericanssay

Try it without.

Of course it is.

Look..... If I refuse to pay the money in taxes, that go to supply others with services...... what happens? People with guns show up, and cart me away.

When I donate money to charity, or don't donate to charity, what happens? Nothing. Why? Because it's actually "charity".

Have you ever met the people that your "charity" money helps? I have. You know what they display? Gratitude.

Have you met the people on government programs? I have. You know what they display? Entitlement. "I"m OWED this". They act like they 'deserve it'. That I should get up, and go to work at 4 AM, and be glad I have the privilege of having my money stolen from my pay check, to pay for their free stuff.

It's tyrannical. In fact, just the attitude of the left-wingers on this forum, shows tyranny. You people treat those of us who work our butts off, like we should be happy to lose 1/4th of our pay checks to your wasteful programs. And anyone who dares to complain..... well they must be greedy.

That's the attitude of a tyrant. Stalin, Hitler, Chavez, Mao, all of them and more, had the exact same attitude.

Of course it is.

Look..... If I refuse to pay the money in taxes, that go to supply others with services...... what happens? People with guns show up, and cart me away.

When I donate money to charity, or don't donate to charity, what happens? Nothing. Why? Because it's actually "charity".

Have you ever met the people that your "charity" money helps? I have. You know what they display? Gratitude.

Have you met the people on government programs? I have. You know what they display? Entitlement. "I"m OWED this". They act like they 'deserve it'. That I should get up, and go to work at 4 AM, and be glad I have the privilege of having my money stolen from my pay check, to pay for their free stuff.

It's tyrannical. In fact, just the attitude of the left-wingers on this forum, shows tyranny. You people treat those of us who work our butts off, like we should be happy to lose 1/4th of our pay checks to your wasteful programs. And anyone who dares to complain..... well they must be greedy.

That's the attitude of a tyrant. Stalin, Hitler, Chavez, Mao, all of them and more, had the exact same attitude.
LOL.Shit Americans Say • /r/ShitAmericansSay

Of course it is.

I noticed you couldn't deny anything I said.

Of course it is.

I noticed you couldn't deny anything I said.
Because it's all anecdotal bullshit. Doesn't help you compare Europe to Stalin. LOOOL.

Really? So if I refuse to fund 'universal healthcare' that I don't believe in, people with guns don't show up? Try it, and find out which of us is right.

“To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves is sinful and tyrannical.” - Thomas Jefferson

I'm on his side. Which side are you?

Forum List

Back