Affordable Care Act fighting Medicare fraud

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
New measures gearing up to fight Medicare fraud

The Affordable Care Act aims to stop criminals from defrauding taxpayers billions of dollars every year

Federal health officials announced new security measures to combat Medicare fraud, including tougher screenings for providers and the ability to withhold payments during investigations.

Authorities recovered $2.5 billion in health care fraud judgments last year -- a record high up 50 percent from 2009 -- according to a new report.

Authorities have long said the solution to solving the nation's estimated $60 billion to $90 billion a year Medicare fraud problem lies in vigorously screening providers and stopping payment to suspicious ones, ending the antiquated "pay and chase" system authorities say has kept them one step behind criminals.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius touted the Affordable Care Act as one of the toughest anti-fraud laws in history.

More...

I wonder if they'll count that twice, too. :rolleyes:

Does the timing of this 'announcement' strike anyone else a tad serendipitous?

We certainly don't want to interrupt the constant stream of lies from the right on the health care bill.

Yea, how dare I question the timing of such an announcement.... it clearly has nothing to do with the recent vote in the House and the issue now bouncing around the Senate!

You can be a blind follower if you want.... I personally ask questions. Questions are not dangerous.... unless, of course, the left had now decided that they are.

The Affordable Care Act aims to stop criminals from defrauding taxpayers billions of dollars every year

Federal health officials announced new security measures to combat Medicare fraud, including tougher screenings for providers and the ability to withhold payments during investigations.

Authorities recovered $2.5 billion in health care fraud judgments last year -- a record high up 50 percent from 2009 -- according to a new report.

Authorities have long said the solution to solving the nation's estimated $60 billion to $90 billion a year Medicare fraud problem lies in vigorously screening providers and stopping payment to suspicious ones, ending the antiquated "pay and chase" system authorities say has kept them one step behind criminals.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius touted the Affordable Care Act as one of the toughest anti-fraud laws in history.

More...

I foresee Sebelius and Obama caught in a love triangle.

We certainly don't want to interrupt the constant stream of lies from the right on the health care bill.

Yea, how dare I question the timing of such an announcement.... it clearly has nothing to do with the recent vote in the House and the issue now bouncing around the Senate!

You can be a blind follower if you want.... I personally ask questions. Questions are not dangerous.... unless, of course, the left had now decided that they are.

Well, we know Republicans were never interested in a bipartisan health care bill. Bush's former speechwriter David Frum was fired by American Enterprise Institute for revealing that truth. Did you question all the lies from Republicans throughout the whole health care debate? How about the Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'?

"At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994."
Waterloo | FrumForum

Did you question Palin's false Death panels?

As I noted in another thread.

The Feds claiming to have recovered $2.5B of Medicare fraud is to actual fraud recovery what the Stimulus Package's "saved or created" jobs are to actual job creation.

I wonder if they'll count that twice, too. :rolleyes:

The Fraud and manipulation has always been there. How many Decades did it take for the Regulators to do something about it??? Why is it an issue now, as opposed to from the start??? There is no substitute for "Value for Value". Every service or product has a value, you cannot undercut that value without cheating one side of the equation or the other. Force of law does not make right.

So? they HAD TO PASS this MONSTER of a Bill to fight Medicare Fraud?

good GAWD HOW DUMB are some people:lol::eusa_whistle:

Well, we know Republicans were never interested in a bipartisan health care bill. Bush's former speechwriter David Frum was fired by American Enterprise Institute for revealing that truth. Did you question all the lies from Republicans throughout the whole health care debate? How about the Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'?

"At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994."
Waterloo | FrumForum

Your thread.... is not about any of the above (and, yea, I have questioned each of those).... is about clamping down on the fraud, is it not?

On that topic, I question the timing of the announcement. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would reasonably question the timing. I'm one of them. You are not. That's fine.

Waterloo | FrumForum

Your thread.... is not about any of the above (and, yea, I have questioned each of those).... is about clamping down on the fraud, is it not?

On that topic, I question the timing of the announcement. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would reasonably question the timing. I'm one of them. You are not. That's fine.

What would you're timing be? Maybe Democrats should just keep their mouths shut about the truths, and not tell the American people about the great reforms they crafted...that way, the Republicans who deceived the people through the whole process might be able to repeal the bill?

Who are these people who engage in medicare fraud? Illegal aliens? Career criminals who dropped out of high school and never learned a skill? Welfare Mommy's who keep having kids to stay on the dole? Drug addicts. alcholics and other members of the underclass?

Who are these people who engage in medicare fraud? Illegal aliens? Career criminals who dropped out of high school and never learned a skill? Welfare Mommy's who keep having kids to stay on the dole? Drug addicts. alcholics and other members of the underclass?

Many of them are...............................................................doctors

Many of them are...............................................................doctors

DOCTORS? Are you sure?

Why then do some people blame the sick and aged for the high cost of medicare? If billions and billions of dollars are stolen by doctors, why don't those people who blame the poor, the aged and the sick also blame the doctors?
Why didn't George W. Bush call out the doctors?
Why didn't Bill Clinton call out the doctors?
Why didn't George H. W. Bush call out the doctors?
Why didn't Ronald Reagan call out the doctors?

hi guys,,,
A nice written post on Affordable Care Act.The link you provided alongside is quite useful too.
In my view affordable Care Act reforms will give Americans new rights and benefits, including helping more children get health coverage, ending lifetime.

Forum List

Back