Affliction VS UFC

jackmcmanus21

Rookie
Jul 1, 2008
MMA fans...what are you going to be watching? Both UFC and Affliction shows are on the same day. UFC's is free on Spike, while Affliction is airing their undercard free on FSN and the main card on PPV.

MMA fans...what are you going to be watching? Both UFC and Affliction shows are on the same day. UFC's is free on Spike, while Affliction is airing their undercard free on FSN and the main card on PPV.

Affliction must be doing something wrong since this is the first time I'm hearing about it's existence.

Taping UFC, watching Affliction.

Whether you know Affliction or not Fedor, Sylvia, Barnett are 3 of the top 5 heavyweights in the world. Lindland is probably in the top 3 light heavy weights. His last fight he beat Rampage Jackson but was robbed by the judges. It's a crazy fight card. UFC has Silva fighting a tomato can. Tough call... uh-huh

Taping UFC, watching Affliction.

Whether you know Affliction or not Fedor, Sylvia, Barnett are 3 of the top 5 heavyweights in the world. Lindland is probably in the top 3 light heavy weights. His last fight he beat Rampage Jackson but was robbed by the judges. It's a crazy fight card. UFC has Silva fighting a tomato can. Tough call... uh-huh

I used to think Irvin was a can too, but the guy has some really good striking. I'm expecting Silva to walk through him, but wouldn't be surprised if the Sandman lands a superman punch of something crazy like that and puts the Spider to sleep.

Agreed on Affliction - that card is stacked :clap2: And yes, Lindland did beat Rampage when they fought in the WFA (remember Rampage/Ninja? :cuckoo: ). At any rate, Rampage is going to maul Forrest on Saturday. Which is fine like me, since I've hated Forrest ever since he beat my beloved Shogun :sad:

Watching Affliction and DVRing UFC. Fedor is the best MMA fighter on the planet. He's only out of the discussion for top P4P fighter due to inactivity and terrible matchups. Hopefully, he squashes Sylvia and gets his name back out there. Beating Hong Man Choi and Matt Lindland doesn't help your case. But a victory over Couture (whom I will be rooting for) after his contract expires would push him past Silva and GSP as the top P4P fighter in the world.

I'm looking at the UFC card tonight, and frankly after thinking about the Affliction card comming up, it almost feels like I'm going to pay to watch the WNBA tonight. I feel dirty.

I'm looking at the UFC card tonight, and frankly after thinking about the Affliction card comming up, it almost feels like I'm going to pay to watch the WNBA tonight. I feel dirty.
If you want to make the fights ten times better, bet on the fights. We usually bet beers or shots at the bar for each fight. Hell it even made UFC 85 tolerable.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's show though. The main event depends on what Forrest does. If Forrest sits and trades shots with Rampage early, Page will KO him in the first or second. Page just has too much power. But if Forrest wears him down with clinches and takedowns in the first three rounds, I think Forrest pounds him out in the 5th. My hunch is Forrest survives the first two rounds and wins late. It won't be hard finding a black bar partron to give me 2 beers to 1 odds either.

I think Kos will stand and trade with Lytle- I'm going out on a limb and I'm taking Lytle for the upset.

But Griffin-Aurelio is going to be an awesome ground war. Unlike most of the ignorant UFC fans, I love watching BJJ and wrestling. I'm betting Aurelio pulls off a slick sub late and that this fight steals the show.

I don't drink or gamble, so meh. Maybe I'll try just adding the drinking bit and it will make it a better card. Other than the main event, I don't see any quality fights worth getting excited about. I think it has more to do with the Affliction card than UFC 86.

Pretty amazing to see how Forrest has changed from "head down rushing in punches" it a great tactical fighter like Jardine. Pretty much completely tooled Rampage. I was surprised to see rampage even survive round 2. The rest of the fight card nearly put me to sleep, however, just as I expected.

There should be a rematch. I didn't see him "tool" Rampage but YMMV. Personally I'd hate to win the belt by decision but I guess it's better than some of the other possible outcomes.

That was a pretty complete tooling.

Round 1, Rampage barely gets the decision. 9-10 rampage
Round 2, Forrest destroys Rampage for 5 minutes straight, even having him fully mounted for over 2 minutes. 10-8 Forrest
Round 3, Forrest outlands and outworks a passive Rampage. 10-9 Forrest.
Round 4, Rampage outworks and lands more power shots than Forrest. 9-10 Rampage, only barely winning the round.
Round 5, Forrest pretty much uses Rampage as a punching bag for 90% of the round. 10-9 Forrest.

Rampage never had a single dominant round.
Forrest had 2 dominant rounds, one of which was total domination from beginning to end.

48-46 Forrest.

Rampage needs to be 3-4 top LHW fighters for a rematch and win them all. He has only won ONE freakin title defense.

Here's how I scored it:

Rd 1 10-9 Rampage
Rd 2 10-8 Forrest
Rd 3 10-9 Rampage
Rd 4 10-9 Rampage
Rd 5 10-9 Rampage

48-46 Jackson.

No huge disagreements with how you scored it other than rd. 5. I thought Rampage decisively won the stand-up and out-landed Forrest.

10-8 still seems a bit generous for rd. 2 though we scored it the same way. Other than rubbing his elbow into Rampage's face it wasn't like Forrest did much damage.

Like I said, YMMV. I'm not particularly keen on either fighter and I don't expect Forrest to hold the belt very long. If Dana gives Machida a title shot then Forrest may not even successfully defend once.

You are some major crack if you gave round 3 to Rampage when he was outlanded about 3 to 1 and barely got out of a tightly sinched triangle, and in round 5 he was outlanded about 10 to 1. Rampage stodd there and got his ass beat in round 5 until the last 40 seconds/

You seriouly got some objectivity issues after Forrest completely tooled your hero hogun apparently.

don't be a hater..

Last edited:
There should be a rematch. I didn't see him "tool" Rampage but YMMV. Personally I'd hate to win the belt by decision but I guess it's better than some of the other possible outcomes.

A fucking $40 bar tab for me and I only had 4 beers and some nachos. Fuck. Ended up taking Almeida, Aurelio, and Lytle. Luckily, I bet some drunk chick that Joe Daddy would win. She went solely based on physique and took Glieson. HAHA. Did you see Randy Couture come in with Tyson Griffin? Bad ass.

I thought that shit was a draw, Forrest won round 2, 10-8 and Round 5. Rampage won Round 1, 3, and 4...I had it at 47-47, but it was razor thin. I'm glad Forrest won but nobody got tooled. It could've went either way.

You are some major crack if you gave round 3 to Rampage when he was outlanded about 3 to 1 and barely got out of a tightly sinched triangle, and in round 5 he was outlanded about 10 to 1. Rampage stodd there and got his ass beat in round 5 until the last 40 seconds/

You seriouly got some objectivity issues after Forrest completely tooled your hero hogun apparently.

don't be a hater..

WTF?? Rampage won round 3 based on damage. That was the round he cut Forrest. It was close but saying someone was on crack for calling that round for Rampage makes you a TUF nuthugger.

WTF?? Rampage won round 3 based on damage. That was the round he cut Forrest. It was close but saying someone was on crack for calling that round for Rampage makes you a TUF nuthugger.

A cut means nothing if it doesn't stop the fight. I guess I get KTFO every time I shave, eh? Skin is a fragile thing.

A cut means nothing if it doesn't stop the fight. I guess I get KTFO every time I shave, eh? Skin is a fragile thing.
Damage inflicted is taken into consideration in a close round. If your razor opens up a cut like what Rampage did to Forrest then you need a new blade, mate.

Forum List

Back