Affliction VS UFC

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jackmcmanus21, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jackmcmanus21

jackmcmanus21 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    MMA fans...what are you going to be watching? Both UFC and Affliction shows are on the same day. UFC's is free on Spike, while Affliction is airing their undercard free on FSN and the main card on PPV.

2. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,770
    Affliction must be doing something wrong since this is the first time I'm hearing about it's existence.

3. nomdeplume

nomdeplume Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Taping UFC, watching Affliction.

Whether you know Affliction or not Fedor, Sylvia, Barnett are 3 of the top 5 heavyweights in the world. Lindland is probably in the top 3 light heavy weights. His last fight he beat Rampage Jackson but was robbed by the judges. It's a crazy fight card. UFC has Silva fighting a tomato can. Tough call... uh-huh

4. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    True MMA junkies will PPV Affliction and DVR UFC :thup:

Should be a great night of fights.

5. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I used to think Irvin was a can too, but the guy has some really good striking. I'm expecting Silva to walk through him, but wouldn't be surprised if the Sandman lands a superman punch of something crazy like that and puts the Spider to sleep.

Agreed on Affliction - that card is stacked :clap2: And yes, Lindland did beat Rampage when they fought in the WFA (remember Rampage/Ninja? :cuckoo: ). At any rate, Rampage is going to maul Forrest on Saturday. Which is fine like me, since I've hated Forrest ever since he beat my beloved Shogun :sad:

6. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Bad Mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Watching Affliction and DVRing UFC. Fedor is the best MMA fighter on the planet. He's only out of the discussion for top P4P fighter due to inactivity and terrible matchups. Hopefully, he squashes Sylvia and gets his name back out there. Beating Hong Man Choi and Matt Lindland doesn't help your case. But a victory over Couture (whom I will be rooting for) after his contract expires would push him past Silva and GSP as the top P4P fighter in the world.

7. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    This is arguably the most stacked MMA card of all time.

8. nomdeplume

nomdeplume Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm looking at the UFC card tonight, and frankly after thinking about the Affliction card comming up, it almost feels like I'm going to pay to watch the WNBA tonight. I feel dirty.

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Bad Mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    If you want to make the fights ten times better, bet on the fights. We usually bet beers or shots at the bar for each fight. Hell it even made UFC 85 tolerable.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's show though. The main event depends on what Forrest does. If Forrest sits and trades shots with Rampage early, Page will KO him in the first or second. Page just has too much power. But if Forrest wears him down with clinches and takedowns in the first three rounds, I think Forrest pounds him out in the 5th. My hunch is Forrest survives the first two rounds and wins late. It won't be hard finding a black bar partron to give me 2 beers to 1 odds either.

I think Kos will stand and trade with Lytle- I'm going out on a limb and I'm taking Lytle for the upset.

But Griffin-Aurelio is going to be an awesome ground war. Unlike most of the ignorant UFC fans, I love watching BJJ and wrestling. I'm betting Aurelio pulls off a slick sub late and that this fight steals the show.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. nomdeplume

nomdeplume Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't drink or gamble, so meh. Maybe I'll try just adding the drinking bit and it will make it a better card. Other than the main event, I don't see any quality fights worth getting excited about. I think it has more to do with the Affliction card than UFC 86.