Affirmative Action President?

I am foreigner from Africa observing the political activities in the USA from an objective distance. The one thing that has never come up is that not one American voice is concerned about the fact that if Obama becomes President then their country will be led by somebody who has ascended to the highest office in the land as a consequence of the actively pursued American policy of affirmative action. Since affirmative action is, I assume from watching and following US politics, alive and well in America, it necessarily follows that Obama was fast tracked through Columbia, Harvard, The Harvard Review, The Illinois Legislature and the US Senate, and now a Presidential nominee as an affirmative action candidate. At every opportunity I have asked this question of Americans and have not yet been able to get a coherent reply. I have therefore decided to tap this site in the hope that one of your correspondents may have the answer.

i've said probably 5 times on this board that yo-bama is running the affirmative action campaign. any white man with as little qualification and numerous controversial friends wouldn't even get looked at to try and run for president.

i've said probably 5 times on this board that yo-bama is running the affirmative action campaign. any white man with as little qualification and numerous controversial friends wouldn't even get looked at to try and run for president.

Controversial friends?

Is that what this election is about?

I thought it was about who understands the issues facing America, and who has the best plan to turn us around.

Controversial friends?

Is that what this election is about?

I thought it was about who understands the issues facing America, and who has the best plan to turn us around.

Neither candidates are qualified for the position unless we are talking about words and not action. There is a big difference between telling somebody, or warning somebody that there is a problem ahead, and not acting on it by speaking aggressively to the media, starting legislation. Both Obama and McCain acknowledge two years ago about a economic crisis. They spoke, but didn't lead. This is what i expect from the candidates. All Talk = No Action.

Forum List

Back