Affirmative Action is a bigots favorite tool

KR811

Jan 19, 2013
I don't like Affirmative Action as a minority (Black). Aside from the other reasons why people don't like Affirmative Action I have another reason to hate Affirmative Action, that no seems to talk about.

Bigots and idiots use the implementation of Affirmative Action to undermine every successful, employed or educated minority. Especially in circumstances when a minority gets a promotion and they didn't.

These idiots always imply that a qualified applicant or candidate can never be a minority.

Affirmative Action should be officially done away with so these bigots can stop whining or scapegoating their personal failures.

Affirmative Action was badly needed and history showed it worked

AA. It's not just for black people.

Looks like we have another Stormfront refugee!

I never said it was. Blacks aren't the only minority.

Also this post is against those Stormfront types.

I don't like Affirmative Action as a minority (Black). Aside from the other reasons why people don't like Affirmative Action I have another reason to hate Affirmative Action, that no seems to talk about.

Bigots and idiots use the implementation of Affirmative Action to undermine every successful, employed or educated minority. Especially in circumstances when a minority gets a promotion and they didn't.

These idiots always imply that a qualified applicant or candidate can never be a minority.

Affirmative Action should be officially done away with so these bigots can stop whining or scapegoating their personal failures.

Which is precisely why ignoring what some idiots claim about affirmative action is probably best. The most rewarded group from that program are white females.

:D:D:D:clap2::clap2::clap2: and don't complain when you don't get a free pass .

:D:D:D:clap2::clap2::clap2: and don't complain when you don't get a free pass .

I never asked nor received a free pass, dumbass. :D:D:D:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You and your other posts here prove my point.

AA has served its purpose. It now puts very capable smart white students in a situation where they are not being accepted into the best schools due to AA quotas. Fair? No, I don't think so.

there are three types of affirmative action

1. between equally qualified applicants

2. between applicants who meet minimal qualifications

3. racial of gender quotas

I think almost everyone will agree that #1 is a good thing and #3 is a bad thing.

that leaves #2. depending on how you define minimally qualified it veers toward either #1 or #3. in university settings the difference in qualifications at elite institutions is often on the order of 2 standard deviations, planting it pretty firmly in the area of #3 in all but actually naming it a racial quota. and the performance of those students reinforces racial stereotypes. I dont have a particularly good example of #2 veering towards #1. perhaps the military at some stages in its history. because of restriction of range in intelligence the military has less problems with racial integration than would be expected.

gender bias in AA is much less of a problem simply because the cohort of women applying is usually much closer in qualifications and intelligence compared to the average applicant than a minority would typically be.

edit- BTW I am in favour of affirmative action. I believe that minorities should get a helping hand of something on the order of a 1/3-1/2 standard deviation bump that is defined in advance and publically stated. in that way there would be little actual difference in performance for the AA applicant, and it would be a bonus driven by applicant achievement rather than just a racial quota dressed up as something else.

Last edited:
Affirmative Action worked. Not just for blacks, but mostly for women

Before affirmative action, women were relegated to certain career fields. Nurse, secretary, teacher, waitress, cashier. It was universally accepted that the emotional and physical makeup prevented them from working in other fields

Once affirmative action forced the issue, it became evident that women COULD function in formerly male positions

Same held true for blacks

AA has served its purpose. It now puts very capable smart white students in a situation where they are not being accepted into the best schools due to AA quotas. Fair? No, I don't think so.

what would be the public sentiment if asians got their fair share? they would get most of the NAM spots and more than a few white spots as well.

After the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1965, the immediate response was....Well the government may say they are equal, but I'll be damned if I'll hire one of them

The government response was that if you want to do business with the Government you had better demonstrate Affirmative Action

It worked

New Topics

Forum List

Back