Aetna, Cigna, United Health and Teacher Union Gets Obamacare Waiver

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
Yep,

You heard me right. Aetna, Cigna, and United Healthcare get Obamacare waivers. In fact, virtually every major health insurance corporation gets an Obamacare waiver.

Now maybe my Democrat friends can help me to understand this. If Obamacare is so great, how come virtually every major health plan that is administering Obamacare gets to opt out of it? We the people don't get to opt out. What gives?

I know you'll also be shocked, but the United Federation of Teachers gets a waiver. Hundreds of Unions get a waiver. The Congress and their staffers get a waiver. But we the people do not. Please, can any liberals explain this to me?

Aren't the Democrats supposed to be for the little guy? The employer mandate gets waived for a year, but the individual mandate affecting we the people does not. How come?

Liberals...you wanted this shit. I think you're gonna have to defend it. Please go right ahead...we're all waiting for a logical explanation.

Here's a complete list of everyone who got a waiver. Funny, I don't see any tea party groups on the list. Wonder why? 729 other entities get waivers. I guess it's like the IRS thing. Probably a couple rogue HHS employees in Omaha or something.

List of 729 Companies and Unions with Obamacare Exemptions | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Last edited:
Yep,

You heard me right. Aetna, Cigna, and United Healthcare get Obamacare waivers. In fact, virtually every major health insurance corporation gets an Obamacare waiver.

Now maybe my Democrat friends can help me to understand this. If Obamacare is so great, how come virtually every major health plan that is administering Obamacare gets to opt out of it? We the people don't get to opt out. What gives?

I know you'll also be shocked, but the United Federation of Teachers gets a waiver. Hundreds of Unions get a waiver. The Congress and their staffers get a waiver. But we the people do not. Please, can any liberals explain this to me?

Aren't the Democrats supposed to be for the little guy? The employer mandate gets waived for a year, but the individual mandate affecting we the people does not. How come?

Liberals...you wanted this shit. I think you're gonna have to defend it. Please go right ahead...we're all waiting for a logical explanation.

Here's a complete list of everyone who got a waiver. Funny, I don't see any tea party groups on the list. Wonder why? 729 other entities get waivers. I guess it's like the IRS thing. Probably a couple rogue HHS employees in Omaha or something.

List of 729 Companies and Unions with Obamacare Exemptions | Peace . Gold . Liberty

The "source" for the list of companies is apparently an anonymous post on the Free Republic message boards.

Why don't you explain these "waivers" for us?

Yea, all that bullshit talk from libs..."Its the law of the land now, get behind it".

So if its the "law of the land" why are there so many waivers for a select group of people?

If its a just law, it should be applied to everyone, no exceptions.

Yep,

The "source" for the list of companies is apparently an anonymous post on the Free Republic message boards.

What do you think the word waivers mean, Doc? I invite you not to be obtuse. If you read the comments, the list comes from this website:

http://cciio.cms.gov/

Last edited:
Yep,

Bullshit. HHS finalizes over 1,200 waivers under healthcare reform law - The Hill's Healthwatch

Yep,

What do you think the word waivers mean, Doc? I invite you not to be obtuse.

Well, I actually know exactly what the word "waiver" means in this context. I get the feeling that you guys don't, though.

The "waivers" that were given didn't "exempt" those companies from "Obamacare". It gave them an additional 3 years to extend their benefit caps, rather than the staggered caps outlined by the law. Those "waivers" change only a minor aspect of Obamacare (the new prohibition on lifetime spending caps), and will be entirely irrelevant on Jan 1st, when lifetime caps become illegal for all companies.

Yep,

What do you think the word waivers mean, Doc? I invite you not to be obtuse. If you read the comments, the list comes from this website:

Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Thanks Templar. I was just about to post that. How pathetic the Dems flat out lie to cover up this disaster. Typical.

Yep,

Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

That link doesn't go to any list.

Yep,

Bullshit. HHS finalizes over 1,200 waivers under healthcare reform law - The Hill's Healthwatch

You should read your own link. It might help you understand what the "waivers" actually entail.

Well, I actually know exactly what the word "waiver" means in this context. I get the feeling that you guys don't, though.

The "waivers" that were given didn't "exempt" those companies from "Obamacare". It gave them an additional 3 years to extend their benefit caps, rather than the staggered caps outlined by the law. Those "waivers" change only a minor aspect of Obamacare (the new prohibition on lifetime spending caps), and will be entirely irrelevant on Jan 1st, when lifetime caps become illegal for all companies.

More lying bullshit. Maybe you need to learn to read period. The Six Types of Obamacare Waivers | Heartland Institute

From your link:

All told, 1,231 companies applied for and received waivers from the law’s restrictions on annual benefit caps. The law requires plans to gradually raise their benefit limits, and all annual limits will become illegal in 2014. Companies that received waivers can keep their caps intact until 2014.

That is what the search bar is for. Please, don't make me lead you by the hand.

More lying bullshit. The Six Types of Obamacare Waivers | Heartland Institute

Again, you need to read your own damn links. Your link says exactly what I just said.

No. If you're making a claim, it's your job to back it up, not my job to make your point for you.

It's pretty easy for an anonymous poster on Free Republic to claim that he got his list from a government site.

No. If you're making a claim, it's your job to back it up, not my job to make your point for you.

It's pretty easy for an anonymous poster on Free Republic to claim that he got his list from a government site.

The Six Types of Obamacare Waivers
John Vinci –

You cannot listen to news about Obamacare without hearing about waivers. Obamacare waivers not only evidence a poorly conceived law, but the very need for a waiver transfers power to a bureaucracy where the individual, organization, or firm with the best lobbyists wins. What you may not know is that there are actually several types of waivers.

You cannot listen to news about Obamacare without hearing about waivers. Obamacare waivers not only evidence a poorly conceived law, but the very need for a waiver transfers power to a bureaucracy where the individual, organization, or firm with the best lobbyists wins. What you may not know is that there are actually several types of waivers:

MLR waiver for mini-med health insurance plans
Annual limit waiver
MLR waiver for States
State innovation waiver
ACO anti-trust waivers
Individual mandate waivers

John Vinci –

You cannot listen to news about Obamacare without hearing about waivers. Obamacare waivers not only evidence a poorly conceived law, but the very need for a waiver transfers power to a bureaucracy where the individual, organization, or firm with the best lobbyists wins. What you may not know is that there are actually several types of waivers.

You cannot listen to news about Obamacare without hearing about waivers. Obamacare waivers not only evidence a poorly conceived law, but the very need for a waiver transfers power to a bureaucracy where the individual, organization, or firm with the best lobbyists wins. What you may not know is that there are actually several types of waivers:

Annual limit waiver
MLR waiver for States
State innovation waiver
ACO anti-trust waivers

Do you understand what any of those things mean?

The "MLR mini-med" waivers expired in 2011. They were temporary extensions on Medical Loss Ratio requirements for a few companies with "mini-med" plans.

The "annual limit waivers" expire on Jan. 1st, and are the ones I described above.

The "State MLR waivers" apply only to entire states, and I don't believe that any were given.

The "State innovation waivers" also don't actually exist, and would only apply to entire states.

And even your article says that "ACO anti-trust waivers" don't actually exist.

Individual mandates apply to individuals, not companies. These are the "religious exemption" waivers, and the like.

John Vinci –

Annual limit waiver
MLR waiver for States
State innovation waiver
ACO anti-trust waivers

Do you understand what any of those things mean?

The "MLR mini-med" waivers expired in 2011. They were temporary extensions on Medical Loss Ratio requirements for a few companies with "mini-med" plans.

The "annual limit waivers" expire on Jan. 1st, and are the ones I described above.

The "State MLR waivers" apply only to entire states, and I don't believe that any were given.

The "State innovation waivers" also don't actually exist, and would only apply to entire states.

And even your article says that "ACO anti-trust waivers" don't actually exist.

Individual mandates apply to individuals, not companies. These are the "religious exemption" waivers, and the like.

Literally everything you said is wrong. Look it up and stop being a moron. All links including HHS links are current.

The fact it came from a legitimate (government) website means your dismissal of his OP was unwarranted. It doesn't hurt to dig into a link. I don't care what side they come from. But if you insist.

Annual Limits Policy: Protecting Consumers, Maintaining Options, and Building a Bridge to 2014 - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Forum List

Back