Advocates Want Halt on Immigration Raids to Ensure Accurate Census

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
We'll put ACORN right on it! :lol::lol::lol:

Some lawmakers are calling anew for the U.S. to relax its immigration laws -- not to provide sanctuary to illegal immigrants, but to ensure statistical accuracy.

The calls come as the Census Bureau prepares to kick off the 2010 Census. Critics argue that unless the government is willing to relax immigration laws, millions of people -- afraid to their share their personal information -- will be left out of the count.

U.S. Rep. William Clay, D-Mo., who chairs a House oversight subcommittee on the Census, said he plans to ask the Obama administration to suspend immigration raids over the next year.

He wants the raids put on hold so illegal immigrants don't worry that sharing accurate information with Census workers could somehow expose them to punishment, even deportation.

Advocates Want Halt on Immigration Raids to Ensure Accurate Census - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

What the heck?

I don't get it, they want to count illegals? (oh sorry, "undocumented" :cuckoo: )

Of course they do.

The Democrats are the heroes of the document-challenged. The more of them, the more votes for the Dems.

I think we should count illegal aliens too. And, after we find out who they are, we fairly and with good will, kick them the hell out of the US. But, that's just me. Maybe the rest of you think being fair means pretending illegals are legitimate immigrants. Like my great Uncle from the Ukraine. Well, except he actually DID legally immigrate and learn English. Except for all that, illegals are just like like my Uncle. Except, they sneak in and they ignore the current existing culture because they haven't even the slightest intention of learning English, other than that, it's the same old Immigrant's story.

I think we should count illegal aliens too. And, after we find out who they are, we fairly and with good will, kick them the hell out of the US. But, that's just me. Maybe the rest of you think being fair means pretending illegals are legitimate immigrants. Like my great Uncle from the Ukraine. Well, except he actually DID legally immigrate and learn English. Except for all that, illegals are just like like my Uncle. Except, they sneak in and they ignore the current existing culture because they haven't even the slightest intention of learning English, other than that, it's the same old Immigrant's story.

Hey....you got an idea there. If they all think they will be counted (which is a step to being legal), they will all come out of the woodwork.

Then we round them up and ship them back.

:clap2:

What illegal aliens want? Gee whiz, let me guess, in the spirit of liberalism and fairness, they want us us to accept them as if they were legal immigrants? I'm a pariah on this board, I forgot. I should shut up and go away, some of you can post here and sleep better tonight. Sorry, I am not going away anytime soon. Not anymore than those exaggerated imaginary illegal aliens will. I am one person , they are like 15 million. Ignore me. I'm nothing . Just your conscience, a poor little reminder. Feel free to ignore me.

Agreed. My great-grandparents came here from Ireland directly into Ellis Island the legal way. I don't have anything against immigration, but I do have something against illegals, and especially illegals that don't want to assimilate. I learned French in high school and college because I live right on the border with Canada and love to visit Quebec... but do you know how many high schools around here are cutting down to just Spanish because these illegals want US to cater to them? :confused:

"Advocates"? I love it. If you're against illegal immigration, you're a "white supremacist." If you're for it, you're an "advocate."

How sweet.

Forum List

Back