Advice Needed: Birds & Bees

Abbey Normal said:
I don't think they are necessarily airheads. In fact, it is what is filling up their heads that worries me. ;) There are always examples we can find of people who break the mold. And just think for all the great stuff her sister could be learning or doing with all those hours.

I suppose she would be better off watching the news or the History channel when she watches TV, but that sort of stuff just doesn't really interest her.

1549 said:
I suppose she would be better off watching the news or the History channel when she watches TV, but that sort of stuff just doesn't really interest her.

I have a dream. That one day, all people will really look at the their TV and yell out in unison: "Why am I watching all of these posturing fools dance around on the screen?!"

or maybe:

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

:cheers2:

Well... I broke the news to my daughter. I took her back to my bedroom, and we sat on the bed together. Then, I just let it rip.

She took it pretty well... she clapped her hand over her mouth and threw herself back on the pillows with a moaning "Eeeewwww!" After a moment's silence, she said, "Mom... I don't think I'm going to be able to eat anything else today."

I asked her if she understood WHY she felt that this was so gross, and explained that it was because she wasn't ready to do it yet. I told her that, when she married her husband, it wouldn't seem gross at all; it's something special and private between a husband and wife. Very hard to do this... I bet she wasn't as grossed out HEARING this as I was TELLING it!

THIS is the part I wasn't prepared for: Later that evening, she caught me & my husband hugging in the kitchen. She shot us a disgusted glance. Awhile later, she asked if Daddy and I were getting ready to have sex. For the next few days, every time I would get anywhere NEAR my husband, she WATCHED us. She seemed to think we were constantly scheming to... you know. It took about three more conversations to convince her that my husband and I have MORE to our relationship than sex. Did anyone else have this kind of a reaction from your kids?

THIS is the part I wasn't prepared for: Later that evening, she caught me & my husband hugging in the kitchen. She shot us a disgusted glance. Awhile later, she asked if Daddy and I were getting ready to have sex. For the next few days, every time I would get anywhere NEAR my husband, she WATCHED us. She seemed to think we were constantly scheming to... you know. It took about three more conversations to convince her that my husband and I have MORE to our relationship than sex. Did anyone else have this kind of a reaction from your kids?

Thankfully no. I'll fill you in when it's my turn.

That is funny, though. :laugh:

Well... I broke the news to my daughter. I took her back to my bedroom, and we sat on the bed together. Then, I just let it rip.

She took it pretty well... she clapped her hand over her mouth and threw herself back on the pillows with a moaning "Eeeewwww!" After a moment's silence, she said, "Mom... I don't think I'm going to be able to eat anything else today."

I asked her if she understood WHY she felt that this was so gross, and explained that it was because she wasn't ready to do it yet. I told her that, when she married her husband, it wouldn't seem gross at all; it's something special and private between a husband and wife. Very hard to do this... I bet she wasn't as grossed out HEARING this as I was TELLING it!

Thank you, this is the first time I was happy with being divorced!

Definately not, that was meant to be a joke. If I had a little sister I wouldn't say anything about it, simply because it isnt my place, and any movies or anything with sexual content would be off whenever she's around. Young women become sluts at an early age, meaning they see the females on MTV and BET and mimick them, or simply dont know anything different; and I wouldnt want that.

It's why we need rational, factual, sex ed in schools rather than this "abstinece only" crap floating around in the school systems.

Forum List

Back