Advice for a simple man, please.

What he's saying has certain validity. The rep to post ratio does say a lot about how well a person is regarded.
Take you, for instance. You have 7,688 posts and a rep power of 1,452 giving you a rep to post ratio of 5.3, in other words 1 rep power point for every 5.3 posts. (A decent ratio, by the way)
Mine is 2.9 posts per rep point.
Rdean's is 114.1
Freedombecki's is 2.5
bodecea's is 30.1
AquaAthena's is 1.4 (truly Goddess-like)

It means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Other than how you are regarded by a bunch of people you'll never likely meet face to face.

yours is an unremarkable 13.2

Last edited:
The little colored "pills" and stars I don't pay much attention to. The only thing that "matters" is the Rep Power. Take that number and compare it to the number of post someone has made and you have the real reputation. For instance if someone has 800 rep power and 8000 posts, and someone else has only 400 points but has only 2000 posts...the guy with 400 points has a better reputation.
Some only look at the Rep power, but the real number is the rep points divided by number of posts.
Just my 2 cents.

You have 1238 rep points. If you repped me, I would gain 1238 points from you. How does this have anything to do with your posts?

I calculate it differently than Ernie. I divide the amount of rep "power" you have, into the amount of posts you have made. This would give you a true rep value of 18.96. OR go here and use the second option entering your values, then hit Calculate and wait for that number to immediately show up.

3-way Percent Calculator:

Percent Calculator

What he's saying has certain validity. The rep to post ratio does say a lot about how well a person is regarded.
Take you, for instance. You have 7,688 posts and a rep power of 1,452 giving you a rep to post ratio of 5.3, in other words 1 rep power point for every 5.3 posts. (A decent ratio, by the way)
Rdean's is 114.1
Freedombecki's is 2.5
bodecea's is 30.1

It is only representative of the true value of a person's reputation power. :)

For example you would have 7.56 in true rep value, LL.

Use 2nd field, entering your reputation power first then your rep value and hit Calculate. :eusa_angel:

Percent Calculator

Rdean's is 114.1
Freedombecki's is 2.5
bodecea's is 30.1

Nope...Other than it highlights the posters that have abused the rep system. :eusa_shhh:

Rdean's is 114.1
Freedombecki's is 2.5
bodecea's is 30.1

Nope...Other than it highlights the posters that have abused the rep system. :eusa_shhh:

The only ppl I consider that abuse the rep system are those that ask for free reps ( charity) rather than earning them.

You are doing well BG at 43.09, but then relative newbies have an advantage, because the rep power that many have now, boosts them up faster than those of us who have been here for a while when rep power was 800, tops, with most, much less. Rep power and rep value indicate two different things. But no biggie; just in the interest of accuracy. :) Even though some joined here long ago, they haven't been active participants until fairly recently.

Last edited:
I can remember only one person that bitched when thanked for rep.
That's one out of maybe a thousand people who have sent me rep. I figure I can endure 1 person being pissed in order to do what's right.

I can remember only one person that bitched when thanked for rep.
That's one out of maybe a thousand people who have sent me rep. I figure I can endure 1 person being pissed in order to do what's right.

?? You said thank you for them repping you and they got shitty for it?

Should have negged the bastard.

Then again...what else is new? I am on vicodin and when I am on that..I get kinda...slobbery and nothing makes sense. :lol:

I've always taken pride in calling out and messing with the high rep holders for being asses and rep bullies while others politely sucked their butts..

I recall many times having mostly negs (reps received list) but you know what..I kinda miss those days.....:dunno:

All in the balance, I've earned my rep..

Rep ratio..:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
I've always taken pride in calling out and messing with the high rep holders for being asses and rep bullies while others politely sucked their butts..

I recall many time having mostly negs (reps received list) but you know what..I kinda miss those days.....:dunno:

Would you like a neg, sir?? :evil:

I recall many time having mostly negs (reps received list) but you know what..I kinda miss those days.....:dunno:

Would you like a neg, sir?? :evil:

I'd rather have a hug...:thanks:

2d9xr2h.jpg

Forum List

Back