Adultery

Is polyandry adultery?

Why would it be? Is a Muslim man who has two wives "cheating", simply because his culture's accepted marital type is different from Western culture's?

The operative points to adultery are that 1) you're operating in secret, behind your spouse's back, and 2) you're violating the agreement that you made with your spouse. If, on the other hand, everyone involved is open, honest, and up-front with each other and your marital agreement includes and allows for a committed, faithful relationship between three of you instead of two of you, you can't be "cheating", now can you?

So if you're in a monogamous marriage but your cheating isn't a secret then it's not adultery?

If it's not a secret and your spouse is okay with it, then you're not in a monogamous marriage. And if you're a polyandrist/polygynist, you're DEFINITELY not in a monogamous marriage.

Is something that isn't a secret automatically approved?

Well, not if you say, "Honey, I'm going to go screw the waitress at the bar on the corner" and you end up having a blazing fight over it.

Generally, though, if you're telling your spouse stuff like that, it's because your marriage has accommodations for that sort of thing.

Done it? Had it done to you? Considering it?

What is your stance on adultery?

Here's mine (gained after a lifetime of sorrows of all sorts): There is no excuse. If you are unhappy, fix it or move on. Lying and cheating are so destructive to everyone involved they can never be justified.

Is this a Bill Clinton thread??

So if you're in a monogamous marriage but your cheating isn't a secret then it's not adultery?

If I have an arrangement with my wife where she can fuck other men, than how can it be cheating? the whole point of cheating is if you do it behind your partners back.

Ok... its not cheating, its just wrong.

There... did that help?

:cool:

Wrong . . . because your way of doing things is the one right, true way of doing things?

Forum List

Back