Ads Ads Ads Ads

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
Did you finally figure out how to beat AdBlocker PLus? All of a sudden, ads are everywhere on this site. Please, have some appreciation and consideration for the forum members and put the ads at the very bottom of the pages so that those that don't want to see them, wont see them.

This is ridiculous. Shame on you for being so money hungry that you ignore the members and turn this site into a damn classified section. Is money everything? Are you that greedy and money hungry that you have to go and mess up a good thing? Go ahead, ruin the site while you laugh all the way to the bank.

Do any of you honestly believe that members look forward to the ads when they come to this site? Do any of you even care? It's people like you that mess things up for everyone with your greed and selfish attitudes. Again, shame on you. Please, place the ads at the bottom of the pages so we can use this site without having them everywhere on each page.

• Banned
i wished i could push more than one button....thank you
I just discovered something that's working. I clicked on the AdBlocker Plus icon at the bottom right of my screen and then clicked on settings. Then I un-checked the box that says to allow some ads. So far, it's blocking ads again. It's a real shame that we have to keep figuring out ways to keep the damn ads from showing up everywhere. The site admin has no appreciation and consideration for the members. Karma will catch up to them one day, I hope.

• Banned
How do you think sites like this are paid for?

Anyway, what ads?
I don't care how they pay for it as long as they have consideration and respect for the members that make the site what it is. They could easily put all the ads at the very bottom of each page so that those that don't come here to read ads, wont have to see them unless they want to. Very discourteous and rude to put the ads all over the pages.

I don't see any now because I just discovered a check box on AdBlocker Plus that was checked. I un-checked it and now the ads are gone again. Thankfully.

Did you finally figure out how to beat AdBlocker PLus? All of a sudden, ads are everywhere on this site. Please, have some appreciation and consideration for the forum members and put the ads at the very bottom of the pages so that those that don't want to see them, wont see them.

This is ridiculous. Shame on you for being so money hungry that you ignore the members and turn this site into a damn classified section. Is money everything? Are you that greedy and money hungry that you have to go and mess up a good thing? Go ahead, ruin the site while you laugh all the way to the bank.

Do any of you honestly believe that members look forward to the ads when they come to this site? Do any of you even care? It's people like you that mess things up for everyone with your greed and selfish attitudes. Again, shame on you. Please, place the ads at the bottom of the pages so we can use this site without having them everywhere on each page.
No ads, no site.

Unless you are donating, I surely am not.

• Banned

No ads, no site.

Unless you are donating, I surely am not.
Ads are fine, no problem. But, they should place the damn ads at the very bottom of each page so that those that have no interest in them, don't have to contend with them. Do they honestly think that members are here to read and look at those ads? FYI - Members do NOT come here to see and read ads. This site is NOT the classified section of the internet. This site is NOT Craigslist, e-bay, or any other site dedicated to ads. Members come here to discuss important issues, and debate topics of interest.

If the site admin must sell ad space, no problem, I understand the financial side of it. But, there's no excuse for ads all over the pages. They could make the ads small and place them at the bottom of each page for those that are here to read and to see ads. The members make this site what it is, not the ads. Without the members, this site wouldn't even exist. The site admin should have consideration and respect for those that make the site what it is, and stop placing the damn ads all over the pages. I can't believe that the site admin actually believe that members come here just to see and read the ads. Surely they're smarter than to think that.

So far, AdBlocker Plus is doing its job. Thank GOD. I discovered this morning that I have to un-check the box that allows some ads to appear. I did it, and it helped a lot, no ads.

• Banned
Why would anyone pay for ads that can't be seen?
They could be seen at the bottom of each page for those interested in seeing and reading them. Why turn the site into a classified section of the internet? Why plaster them all over each page? Does anyone come to this site for the ads? Ads could be seen by anyone interested. All they would have to do is scroll down to the bottom of each page and read the ads, very simple.

i wished i could push more than one button....thank you
I just discovered something that's working. I clicked on the AdBlocker Plus icon at the bottom right of my screen and then clicked on settings. Then I un-checked the box that says to allow some ads. So far, it's blocking ads again. It's a real shame that we have to keep figuring out ways to keep the damn ads from showing up everywhere. The site admin has no appreciation and consideration for the members. Karma will catch up to them one day, I hope.
Your adblocker updated and for some unknown reason allowed ads from this site. Just be glad the site doesn't require all blockers to be disabled......... Of course that would probably kill the board.

I just have AdBlocker, not AdBlocker Plus and I have never seen an ad here or any other site like this.

*shrug* so no problems here

If you are getting pop ups, if you have a pop up blocker, this should not be an issue.

Your adblocker updated and for some unknown reason allowed ads from this site. Just be glad the site doesn't require all blockers to be disabled......... Of course that would probably kill the board.

I think you just gave them an idea Ringel....

I had the same problem the other day. I have ad blocker. Then I bought a membership thingy and I thought okie dokie problem resolved. Then I found my adblocker was jacked up.

Forum List

Back