ADP Private Sector Jobs July

As usual, the devil is in the detail. The jobs created were almost exclusively service sector jobs which is the lowest paying sector. For those who read the report, you will see the higher paying jobs in construction and goods-producing sector actually went down. Essentially, this is saying there are more people working cleaning houses than people building houses. And the income gap continues to grow. You really want to celebrate that?

We are nearing full employment according to CNBC and ADP. Here is the ADP July report.

179000 Private sector jobs added.

Service sector created most of the jobs in July: ADP

The BLS report comes out on Friday. It looks like a solid number again.

Who wants to celebrate?
Dude, why in the fuck do you bitches keep blaming Obama because Wall Street refuse to pay decent wages? How in the fuck, you ungrateful ass holes, do you constantly, constantly blame Obama for shit he has absolutely no control over?? Gas goes down, you bitches aren't happy, jobs are out there, you bitches aren't happy, Bin-Laden got killed, you bitches didn't care, the stock market is making a killing since Obama, you bitches don't care, you still have your guns, still your blaming Obama, he gave you healthcare, you whine about it.......

Bush left you nothing, Trump gives you pipe dreams and these are your hero's???? White people are just evil and sad!!

As usual, the devil is in the detail. The jobs created were almost exclusively service sector jobs which is the lowest paying sector. For those who read the report, you will see the higher paying jobs in construction and goods-producing sector actually went down. Essentially, this is saying there are more people working cleaning houses than people building houses. And the income gap continues to grow. You really want to celebrate that?

Jobs are jobs. You have to get back to full employment before the economy can enjoy the benefit of wage pressures.

Hey dude, a job is a job is a job.......blame Wall Street for taking good paying jobs overseas, just ask Trump!!!!!

It beats negative job growth.

Wages are trending slightly upward.

One of us wants policies which are aimed at closing the income gap. And it isn't you.

Jobs are jobs. You have to get back to full employment before the economy can enjoy the benefit of wage pressures.

I agree to some extent with your assertion, but wage pressure is typically industry specific. For example, if their is a housing boom then carpenters wages will be pressured up. But wage pressure is almost exclusively the domain of the skilled worker. If that were not the case then we wouldn't need a minimum wage requirement. Wage pressure is caused by shortage of workers to do specific jobs, such as nursing, engineering, computer programming, etc. the service sector does not typically experience shortages.

Full employment minus some 20 million who just gave up. Pardon me if I am less than impressed. Also service sector is usually a lower paying job.

I would caution that there is enough error attached to both ADP and Establishment Survey methodologies to not assume a degree of correspondence in any given month......

That said, if what you Boldly Assert is evident by any reasonably objective standard, I invite you to offer examples....

Do your own research moron. The numbers can be found at the BLS website. If anything my numbers are light. Most service jobs do not pay as well as Manufacturing and Construction. You understand that right?

In a normal US economy, it takes at least 250,000 new jobs a month to stay even. So, while it is good we and a positive number, you really need to put it in context and not just spout ignorance of what they mean.

One of us wants policies which are aimed at closing the income gap. And it isn't you.

I was looking for the wage growth numbers Lone, did you come across them? That is something I am most interested in seeing. Good there was at least some growth there.

I agree to some extent with your assertion, but wage pressure is typically industry specific. For example, if their is a housing boom then carpenters wages will be pressured up. But wage pressure is almost exclusively the domain of the skilled worker. If that were not the case then we wouldn't need a minimum wage requirement. Wage pressure is caused by shortage of workers to do specific jobs, such as nursing, engineering, computer programming, etc. the service sector does not typically experience shortages.

Having a sucky job certainly encouraged me to move up the rung ASAP. A lot will just depend on the individuals involved. Hopefully fuller employment will increase local economic velocity that will create better jobs over time. A lot of that just depends on where one lives. The economy is very uneven in the US even when in the aggregate we are having impressive numbers on the board.

I was looking for the wage growth numbers Lone, did you come across them? That is something I am most interested in seeing. Good there was at least some growth there.

They aren't out for July yet. But they have been trending slightly up in recent months.

We are nearing full employment according to CNBC and ADP. Here is the ADP July report.

179000 Private sector jobs added.

Service sector created most of the jobs in July: ADP

The BLS report comes out on Friday. It looks like a solid number again.

Who wants to celebrate?

Should we expect to see the use of social welfare to decrease at the same proportion? You lefties keep claiming that unemployment is going down, down, down, yet well over 40 million are still using food stamps.

Intelligent people know that most food stamp ( tanf ) recipients have jobs.

And yes....that number is going down. Isn't that good news?

Intelligent people know that if they're working, they need to be buying their own damn food.

Let's look back 10 years. Unemployment in June, 2006 was 4.7% according to the Dept of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics. Food stamp use was at approximately 27 million.

Unemployment in August, 2016, according to the same source is 4.9%. However, food stamp use is still in the 42 - 43 million range.

At the same level of unemployment, why is the use of food stamps 15 million (56%) higher under Obama?

They aren't out for July yet. But they have been trending slightly up in recent months.

To me, the slowing is almost a good thing in conjunction with rising wages. It is the truest sign of a tight employment picture when wages go up significantly.

Forum List

Back