Adoption

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I have a niece and nephew who are adopted.
My fiancee is adopted.
My sister gave her baby girl up for adoption, they just found each other a year ago, and we all get together a few times a year.
One of my best friends and her hubby just adopted a baby boy about 9 months ago.

What is your experience with adoption?

My girlfriend wants to adopt a little Chinese girl sometime. She's obsessed about it, she has all the brochures and pamphlets and talks about it constantly.

Like we're not up to our eyeballs with the ones we already have :rolleyes:

I'd probably be for it at some point, but we don't even meet a few of the qualification criteria yet, so we've got nothing but time.

My girlfriend wants to adopt a little Chinese girl sometime. She's obsessed about it, she has all the brochures and pamphlets and talks about it constantly.

Like we're not up to our eyeballs with the ones we already have :rolleyes:

I'd probably be for it at some point, but we don't even meet a few of the qualification criteria yet, so we've got nothing but time.

A bunch of my friends I met at the YMCA adopted baby girls from China.,,,a lot of them were single gals, who had a harder time trying to adopt over here.

Also, a lot of kids waiting here in America are older, and less likely to be adopted,,,most people want babies.

A bunch of my friends I met at the YMCA adopted baby girls from China.,,,a lot of them were single gals, who had a harder time trying to adopt over here.

Also, a lot of kids waiting here in America are older, and less likely to be adopted,,,most people want babies.

I wouldn't do it if it wasn't an infant. Also, I was under the impression you had to be married? That's what the one brochure said that she read to me the other day. I remember distinctly because it was my automatic get-out-of-it card since we're not married and probably won't be for a looooooong time, if ever :D

One of the kids I helped raise got pregnant at 17. She was not ready to be a parent. She went through the pregnancy and chose to offer her daughter, for adoption. It was an open adoption agreement. She maintained contact with her daughter's adoptive mother, but did not interfere in the raising of her daughter.

C is now happily married and has two other children, a son and a daughter. She has contact with her first daughter, and all her children know each other. I have a picture of C with her first daughter J, and her daughters adoptive mother. It has worked out very well.

Interestingly enough, C's daughter looks more like her adoptive mother than she resembles C.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the kids I helped raise got pregnant at 17. She was not ready to be a parent. She went through the pregnancy and chose to offer her daughter, for adoption. It was an open adoption agreement. She maintained contact with her daughter's adoptive mother, but did not interfere in the raising of her daughter.

C is now happily married and has two other children, a son and a daughter. She has contact with her first daughter, and all her children know each other. I have a picture of C with her first daughter J, and her daughters adoptive mother. It has worked out very well.

Interestingly enough, C's daughter looks more like her adoptive mother than she resembles C.

My friend who just adopted the baby boy 9 months ago did an open adoption. The birth mother is 15, but they get together at picinics and such, and T sends her pics of little Johnny.

You don't have to answer, but I am curious. Have you ever tried to find your birth parents, or they you?

I know my birth father pretty well. No idea about my birth mother other than her name. I'm not really interested in finding out and I've never asked him about her. It's complicated, but I'm quite comfortable.

My adoptive parents (who I refer to only as "my parents") were wonderful. I miss them both terribly.

I know my birth father pretty well. No idea about my birth mother other than her name. I'm not really interested in finding out and I've never asked him about her. It's complicated, but I'm quite comfortable.

My adoptive parents (who I refer to only as "my parents") were wonderful. I miss them both terribly.

Thank you for answering!

I am sure your parents were very proud of you, you seem like a good man.

I have a niece and nephew who are adopted.
My fiancee is adopted.
My sister gave her baby girl up for adoption, they just found each other a year ago, and we all get together a few times a year.
One of my best friends and her hubby just adopted a baby boy about 9 months ago.

What is your experience with adoption?

I occassionally try to adopt those scantily garbed young girls who I see walking the streets of big cities late at night, but they seem reluctant to get into my car.

I offer them candy but they insist on cash.

Guess they don't share my family values.

I occassionally try to adopt young girls from 19 to 23 who I see walking the streets of big cities later at night, but they seem reluctant to get into my car.

I offer them candy but they insist on cash.

Guess they don't share my family values.

Well, at least you're doing your part, trying to adopt those older kids!

I'm not sure I know anyone who is adopted, which is kind of odd I guess.

I'm all for adoption. and I would adopt a child myself if I were able. Unfortunately there are many obstacles to adopting, such a money and martial status.

Forum List

Back