Adopting a dog.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
We checked out the pound. We saw an old pit sitting there. Was the only dog not barking. Had one eye, and was likely some vato's fighting dog. The lady said he was picked up on 59 just walking down the highway. My brother put in the papers for the old guy. Felt pretty good. That dog will be spoiled rotten. In thinking I'll go with a lab or golden retriever. The only requirement is that it has to come from a rescue.

There are many good dogs out there :)

We checked out the pound. We saw an old pit sitting there. Was the only dog not barking. Had one eye, and was likely some vato's fighting dog. The lady said he was picked up on 59 just walking down the highway. My brother put in the papers for the old guy. Felt pretty good. That dog will be spoiled rotten. In thinking I'll go with a lab or golden retriever. The only requirement is that it has to come from a rescue.
Bless your soul.

Congrats you did good :)

Ya, my brother is getting a real good old dog. Dude had a
E Trying to figure it out.; Who got the old pit?

My brother did. I would have, but the dog has allot of health issues. It's right eye is gone and there are issues associated with that that need to be addressed. He also has heart worms. That can be treated but he is not strong enough for it yet. They figure he had been hit by a car a few weeks ago to. At some point his front leg was badly broken at the joint (elbow?) so he walks funny. He is a pretty beat up old dude. My brother just could not leave him there.

I had an escaped fighting dog. He came to my door dragging a chain. He was scarred, covered in paint. Someone had tried to cut his ears off. He had cigarette burns all over his body and a slash along his penis.

I patched him up. It took a couple of months before I found him a family with four children. Talk about spoiled rotten. He went shopping at Petco and got anything he wanted. Poor thing hated dogs so he eventually got his own kitten.

My brother did. I would have, but the dog has allot of health issues. It's right eye is gone and there are issues associated with that that need to be addressed. He also has heart worms. That can be treated but he is not strong enough for it yet. They figure he had been hit by a car a few weeks ago to. At some point his front leg was badly broken at the joint (elbow?) so he walks funny. He is a pretty beat up old dude. My brother just could not leave him there.
Bless your brother.

Bless your brother.

I agree. No one at B.A.R.K. thought he would get a home just for being a pit bull l, let alone a pit bull in the shape this guy is in. I also forgot to mention the dogs teeth. Some of those are bad to. That stuff aside, he is a pretty mellow dog. When they opened his cage he stayed sitting until he was called she hooked up his leash and they walked him around out back. He didn't even bark at the other dogs. I do think that his led bothers him though. It seems like he can't bend it. Dunno, I do know that he will have a good home to get old and fat in.

Thank your brother for me.

real-men-are-kind-animals-rescue.jpg

Only scumbag losers laugh at animals being kicked, or saying they want them hung from a porch railing.

I have four dogs and every one is a pound puppy. All of them needed a home.

You can't go wrong with the animal shelter animals. Kudo's to your brother for giving that dog a shot at a real life.

He likes him. That dog is lazy as hell. Also tons out he is likely blind in the one eye he has. Vet said it looked like scar tissue from an untreated infection. But he still gets around fine. Especially to the food bowl.

Forum List

Back