Adoptees

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Do you ever wonder about your birth parents and have you ever looked for them?

What would you do if you were contacted by your birth mom? Maybe history of your ancestors, medical records, dna, other lost family even if not interested in the whys and wherefores of the reason you were given up? Or maybe just to ask "why"?

Which also begs the question....those who adopted...would you feel betrayed if your adopted child wanted to find his/her birth parents? Would you help in the search?

And yet another question....

The child you gave up...would you want to be found by him/her???

What would you do if you were contacted by your birth mom? Maybe history of your ancestors, medical records, dna, other lost family even if not interested in the whys and wherefores of the reason you were given up? Or maybe just to ask "why"?

I don't know what I would do if my birth mother contacted me.

I have some interest in doing the "23 and me" thing, but that's about it. My medical history is already in my file.

I already have a family, I'm not really looking for another one.

I wonder if it's different between male and female. Meaning, do females wonder more about their birth mom? I just find it interesting that you would not be interested in asking your birth mom "why did you give me up", unless you were told by your adoptive mom who knew the story.

Being a non-adoptee who was already married when he was saved I would find it strange to be approached by an adult child I had never heard of by a woman who I probably do not remember.

Being a non-adoptee who was already married when he was saved I would find it strange to be approached by an adult child I had never heard of by a woman who I probably do not remember.
You may not be interested that you have a child you never knew of, but that child might want to know who contributed to his/her existence. I am just wondering about all aspects of this.

Then again..there are the horror stories of reunions that did not turn out so well so maybe its best to leave the past alone.

Sry. TMI. Too personal.

Last edited:
I don't know what you wrote...but if you felt uncomfortable with it...I'm glad you deleted it. :smiliehug:

Then again..there are the horror stories of reunions that did not turn out so well so maybe its best to leave the past alone.
It is a roll of the dice, I have two friends who found their birth parents [one was actually found by her siblings] one is in the process of playing out and seems to be going very well while the other was a disaster, in most cases it is a roll of the dice, to see how badly things can go I would suggest anyone interested should watch the movie "BY THE SEA"..I don't say this to discourage anyone because if it were me I would want to know and do everything I could to satisfy my curiosity, but make sure you are prepared for anything and good luck to all who are trying.

Forum List

Back