Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

I'd love to get paid to do nothing.

Sadly, I bore easily and my pride begins to bother me.

So when I do run out of work, I go look for more instead of "planning" or whatever the fuck the 5 guys watching 1 guy work are doing.

So when I do run out of work, I go look for more instead of "planning" or whatever the fuck the 5 guys watching 1 guy work are doing.

Corporations would love slave labor in America and Republicans are working on that...

I assume you have a video link of a CEO stating that he wants people forced to work for free.

:lol:

sorry, you're just Two fukken dumb. No really.

Corporations would love slave labor in America and Republicans are working on that...

Actually most employers endeavor to treat their employees well as a satisfied employee is more productive and constantly hiring new people and training them is less productive and more costly.

The union I was in sucked. I had to join, they took "dues" and in the end the only representation I saw was from slack jawed lazy incompetent pukes who couldnt do the job, but got union protection to keep it.

I'm fully capable of negotiating my terms of contract with a prospective employer. I dont need a goon squad to do that for me. In the way of public sector unions, it should be outlawed altogether.

That's basically what the union in our company does too. And i love how the supporters say how the unions will make pay more "equal" for everyone and how they'll get you the most in benefits, etc. Here once you have worked here 1 year, you're making the exact same amount of money as everyone else in the shop. Yes...that means your making the same amount as someone that has worked here for 30 years! How fair is that?

I worked in the factory here for about 6 yrs...since then i've worked in the office, no union, better benefits, and I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN THE FACTORY WORKERS!
And no, I do not have one of the upper mgt job, i'm just a peon Quality Engineering Tech. This company treats their workers great...and i know if there wasn't a union here they would still treat them great.

Lisa Wexler: Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

Blaming unions for all the trouble we are in has become cool. We hear that public sector employees have juicy benefits, great health care coverage, guaranteed pensions. In some cases, the average public sector worker earns twice what the average private sector worker earns. We are envious -- hey, we want that too! That's not fair!

You are right -- it's not fair. But don't blame the unions for doing their job, ensuring that thousands of people are able to afford retirement, pay their doctors and work in decent, sanitary conditions. Those people buy the houses you sell them, take their clothes to your dry cleaners, support your hardware store, clothing store and bank. The problem is not that union workers earn too much, it's that the rest of us are earning too little.

Look at the facts and see what's really not fair. Right now, the top 1 percent of the wealthy own 42 percent of the nation's wealth. And a staggering 80 percent of the rest of us only control 7 percent of the nation's property! The share of the middle class pie has shrunk to negligible proportions, with huge consequences for the future of America. Are the unions responsible for the greediness of the upper class? Absolutely not. In fact, they stood as one of the only bulwarks against it.

:lol: And rightwingers keep arguing against the unions, dumb ass lemmings falling off the facktard cliff.

And the lemmings have all heeded the call, joining this thread to echo each other's personal attack on you. In retrospect lemmings are harmless creatures to all but themselves, no doubt lemmings and each of those proud and loud members of the echo chamber lack the intelligence to understand that a rising tide lifts all.

If lemmings they be, let us be clear they are rabid lemmings, for how else would a sane person act as they do?

Blaming unions for all the trouble we are in has become cool. We hear that public sector employees have juicy benefits, great health care coverage, guaranteed pensions. In some cases, the average public sector worker earns twice what the average private sector worker earns. We are envious -- hey, we want that too! That's not fair!

You are right -- it's not fair. But don't blame the unions for doing their job, ensuring that thousands of people are able to afford retirement, pay their doctors and work in decent, sanitary conditions. Those people buy the houses you sell them, take their clothes to your dry cleaners, support your hardware store, clothing store and bank. The problem is not that union workers earn too much, it's that the rest of us are earning too little.

Look at the facts and see what's really not fair. Right now, the top 1 percent of the wealthy own 42 percent of the nation's wealth. And a staggering 80 percent of the rest of us only control 7 percent of the nation's property! The share of the middle class pie has shrunk to negligible proportions, with huge consequences for the future of America. Are the unions responsible for the greediness of the upper class? Absolutely not. In fact, they stood as one of the only bulwarks against it.

:lol: And rightwingers keep arguing against the unions, dumb ass lemmings falling off the facktard cliff.
It's amusing when people who can't think for themselves tell me they're qualified to dictate what's in my best interests. :lol:

And the lemmings have all heeded the call, joining this thread to echo each other's personal attack on you. In retrospect lemmings are harmless creatures to all but themselves, no doubt lemmings and each of those proud and loud members of the echo chamber lack the intelligence to understand that a rising tide lifts all.

If lemmings they be, let us be clear they are rabid lemmings, for how else would a sane person act as they do?
Poor Wry, completely unable to comprehend that he's a laughable buffoon.

You just keep stamping your feet and insisting we let you do our thinking for us. Maybe if you threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue... :lol:

Worked for two Unions only because they were closed shops.

Met a bunch of drunks, druggies and lazy fucks who would have a hard time working for anything but a Union. Anybody else would have fired their assses in a heartbeat.

The authors a fucking idiot.

A corporations are ALL for the worker, thats why they're taking in MORE money and brainwashing you dumbfucks into believing liberals and unions and even you yourselves are the reason you're getting less. You guys are getting pimped and getting that ass smacked, lol

Fuck off dickhead.

I've worked in two Unions. How many your worked in there sparky??

I assume you have a video link of a CEO stating that he wants people forced to work for free.

:link:

cocksucker

You got even a sliver of non-bullshit evidence?

The ones who are the most anti-union are the ones who kiss the boss's ass at work and lie and side with the boss when there are major problems in a work place and pretend everything is hunky dory.
Your desperate fantasies have nothing to do with reality.

The single laziest human being I ever worked with was long-time UMW member. If he couldn't do it sitting down, he wouldn't do it. And in construction, that's a shitty way to be.

In fairness, one of the best guys I ever worked with was a UMW worker. Always looking for something to do, and did it cheerfully. He was a short-time member, though, and hadn't had the initiative sucked out of him yet. He had some amazing stories of the union.

Unions protect the incompetent and lazy.

yeah...because a business has never owned slaves.

IHS Child Slave Labor News :: Ignorance is Bliss

Trade Policy « Fight Slavery Now!

Was a teamster they sold me down the river after an injury pfffft the greatest thrill would be to eradicate every organized crime union leader on earth. Lol duh they're effing criminals. Lol you can read the writting on the wall anyway........tic tic the clock is running out on corrupt Dems and unions the next generation may get to destroy the traitor scum

Actually most employers endeavor to treat their employees well as a satisfied employee is more productive and constantly hiring new people and training them is less productive and more costly.

You could make that aurgemrnt with highly educated workers but that is not true with lower educated workers.

No, words haven't caused people to turn on Unions, Unions have turned the people against them..

Wisconsin was a perfect example...the people are sick of being asked to support them..

and it's the Unions and you Progressives who think the world started with you.

tsk tsk for them...

Last edited:
Union are there to even out things between the worker and business owner, unless you're a business owner you've got to be a fucking dumbass to support those who have less of your interests at hand.

I've always been able to take care of my own interests.

I didn't need anyone to negotiate a salary for me and I would never walk off a job and go on strike.

To me it's unethical. If I agreed to work for someone then I held up my end of the bargain. If I couldn't get a better deal or if I was unhappy with the working conditions then i found myself another job.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who goes on strike should be fired. There are plenty of other people willing to work.

Personal Responsibility

Brains

Common Sense

What the heck is wrong with you? :lmao:

Last edited:
The ones who are the most anti-union are the ones who kiss the boss's ass at work and lie and side with the boss when there are major problems in a work place and pretend everything is hunky dory.
Your desperate fantasies have nothing to do with reality.

The single laziest human being I ever worked with was long-time UMW member. If he couldn't do it sitting down, he wouldn't do it. And in construction, that's a shitty way to be.

In fairness, one of the best guys I ever worked with was a UMW worker. Always looking for something to do, and did it cheerfully. He was a short-time member, though, and hadn't had the initiative sucked out of him yet. He had some amazing stories of the union.

Unions protect the incompetent and lazy.

Yup. The incompetent and the lazy and they make the same money that the competent and go getter make.

I've worked in two union situations. In fact the last one the Union didn't defend me or my cohorts at all. Why?? Because we were junior on the seniority list and the fellow union members who were after out jobs, which we did quite well by the way, because we were working and they weren't. Seniorty is all. Doesn't matter if you have the intelligence of a box of rocks if your senior its all your way.

The company, James River, spent half a mil training us to do our jobs. We all had bids because it was production work and no senior union member wanted the jobs because you had to work for 8 hours. Fancy that.

All these senior guys were in the labor pool. They go assigned a job in the morning and then spent the rest of the day fucking off in the mill. Hiding in other words because God forbid anyone actually assign em another job.

The company had been telling these guys to take a bid because they were reducing the labor pool. Of course no one took a bid. the labor pool was tit and who in their right mind wants to work for 8 hours?? Anyway. The company vastly reduced the labor pool. The only guys left in it had 20-30 years seniority. Oh Oh. Now what do we do. We have lost our jobs. Of course we complain to the union and guess what. The union member filed a grievance because us little union members were working and they weren't. Yup. The Union sure looked out for us big time. Seniority is all even if the senior members are a bunch of lazy fucks.

The company fought it but knew they were gonna lose in arbitrations so then we had to train our replacements. Believe me. They would have rather kept us because we did the job and got the product out.

Moral of the story? Doesn't matter how well you do your job in a union situtation. If a senior member wants your job. Dont' expect the Union to defend your little ass because they won't. Seniority is all.

I have no use for Unions private or public. They had a place back in the day and now hinder more than they help.

Forum List

Back