Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

Illitrerates like flayghetto indeed need unions just to get them off the street......................

Union are there to even out things between the worker and business owner, unless you're a business owner you've got to be a fucking dumbass to support those who have less of your interests at hand.

Even things out? You know as well as I do, Flaylo that the pendulum had swung way past "even" with union demands. Public sector unions voted in liberal politicians to give them sweetheart deals at the expense of taxpayers. It had reached the point where they were bankrupting cities and States across the country. You've got to be a fucking dumbass not to realize that was self defeating.

The reason that even FDR understood that public employees should not have collective bargaining is EXACTLY what happened.

Union are there to even out things between the worker and business owner, unless you're a business owner you've got to be a fucking dumbass to support those who have less of your interests at hand.

Even things out? You know as well as I do, Flaylo that the pendulum had swung way past "even" with union demands. Public sector unions voted in liberal politicians to give them sweetheart deals at the expense of taxpayers. It had reached the point where they were bankrupting cities and States across the country. You've got to be fucking dumbass not to realize that was self defeating.

The reason that even FDR understood that public employees should not have collective bargaining is EXACTLY what happened.

Yep. The term money laundering is what they are doing.

Lisa Wexler: Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

Blaming unions for all the trouble we are in has become cool. We hear that public sector employees have juicy benefits, great health care coverage, guaranteed pensions. In some cases, the average public sector worker earns twice what the average private sector worker earns. We are envious -- hey, we want that too! That's not fair!

You are right -- it's not fair. But don't blame the unions for doing their job, ensuring that thousands of people are able to afford retirement, pay their doctors and work in decent, sanitary conditions. Those people buy the houses you sell them, take their clothes to your dry cleaners, support your hardware store, clothing store and bank. The problem is not that union workers earn too much, it's that the rest of us are earning too little.

Look at the facts and see what's really not fair. Right now, the top 1 percent of the wealthy own 42 percent of the nation's wealth. And a staggering 80 percent of the rest of us only control 7 percent of the nation's property! The share of the middle class pie has shrunk to negligible proportions, with huge consequences for the future of America. Are the unions responsible for the greediness of the upper class? Absolutely not. In fact, they stood as one of the only bulwarks against it.

:lol: And rightwingers keep arguing against the unions, dumb ass lemmings falling off the facktard cliff.

oh yeah, a spew from Hufferpost...I've belonged in a Union before and now I don't..
and how funny I seem to get along JUST FINE..

The union I was in sucked. I had to join, they took "dues" and in the end the only representation I saw was from slack jawed lazy incompetent pukes who couldnt do the job, but got union protection to keep it.

I'm fully capable of negotiating my terms of contract with a prospective employer. I dont need a goon squad to do that for me. In the way of public sector unions, it should be outlawed altogether.

Why would I want my efforts that are above and beyond lumped in to a group filled with a bunch of people who skirt by? I want my efforts to stand on their own, positive or negative. I am smart enough to work on my weaknesses, expand my strengths, and advance myself in order to demand my own compensation merit increases, promotions, etc.. Or to look around and find another place that will reward my abilities more

Oh.. and Fail-O... when's that egress date again???

Lisa Wexler: Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

Blaming unions for all the trouble we are in has become cool. We hear that public sector employees have juicy benefits, great health care coverage, guaranteed pensions. In some cases, the average public sector worker earns twice what the average private sector worker earns. We are envious -- hey, we want that too! That's not fair!

You are right -- it's not fair. But don't blame the unions for doing their job, ensuring that thousands of people are able to afford retirement, pay their doctors and work in decent, sanitary conditions. Those people buy the houses you sell them, take their clothes to your dry cleaners, support your hardware store, clothing store and bank. The problem is not that union workers earn too much, it's that the rest of us are earning too little.

Look at the facts and see what's really not fair. Right now, the top 1 percent of the wealthy own 42 percent of the nation's wealth. And a staggering 80 percent of the rest of us only control 7 percent of the nation's property! The share of the middle class pie has shrunk to negligible proportions, with huge consequences for the future of America. Are the unions responsible for the greediness of the upper class? Absolutely not. In fact, they stood as one of the only bulwarks against it.

:lol: And rightwingers keep arguing against the unions, dumb ass lemmings falling off the facktard cliff.

The stagnation in wages coincides with the decline of the labor union. This isn't a coincidence.
Unions built the middle class and gave you your weekend, the 40 hour work week, overtime pay, etc... If you don't think that it can be taken away from you in stages, well, you are poorly served by the lessons of history.

Still, one has to wonder what caused the decline. One can certainly make the argument that management is to blame but one shouldn't neglect the crummy job that the unions do explaining themselves, their causes, their benefits, etc...

For example, I have heard (from more than one person) about the same week you turn 50 years of age, the AARP will contact you with an informational packet outlining who they are, what they do, what benefits they secure for their members, etc... Why aren't 18 year olds who are graduating high school or 20 somethings who are graduating college getting a similar packet from the AFL-CIO?

I worked in a union shop for a while when i was young and I'd never want to do it again.

It was just a bunch of sheep working until the buzzer sounded for break. You weren't allowed to work through lunch even if you wanted to it was like hanging out with a bunch of fucking zombies.
i am in a Union and i never stop for lunch.....and because i dont, i get to leave a half hour early....not all Unions are the same....

The ones who are the most anti-union are the ones who kiss the boss's ass at work and lie and side with the boss when there are major problems in a work place and pretend everything is hunky dory.

The ones who are the most anti-union are the ones who kiss the boss's ass at work and lie and side with the boss when there are major problems in a work place and pretend everything is hunky dory.

If you don't want to kiss your bosses ass, you can always QUIT and go find another job...

Sounds like we have a lot of people who believe kissing the boss's ass and having more soliderity with the boss and business owners instead of with fellow workers think that's the formula for upward success, :lol:

Sounds like we have a lot of people who believe kissing the boss's ass and having more soliderity with the boss and business owners instead of with fellow workers think that's the formula for upward success, :lol:

My fellow workers don't pay my paycheck

If you hate unions only because your boss and business owners hate it you're an ass kisser

grow up dear, Millions of people don't belong in a Union. And they get along just fine in life...

Upwards success means you become a boss not that you stay a wage slave your whole life.

Forum List

Back