Admit Being Duped Here

It hasn't happened in a long time. I'm very skeptical of most information. The last time that I remember was one time when some moron on the internet made this totally erroneous case that MLK was a conservative. I didn't check it, I immediately posted it. Boy, I took a beating on that one. Learned my lesson that time.

It hasn't happened in a long time. I'm very skeptical of most information. The last time that I remember was one time when some moron on the internet made this totally erroneous case that MLK was a conservative. I didn't check it, I immediately posted it. Boy, I took a beating on that one. Learned my lesson that time.

It hasn't happened in a long time? Are you sure?

Positive. It became immediately apparent that I had fucked up by not vetting the info. Hasn't happened in a long time.

Positive. It became immediately apparent that I had fucked up by not vetting the info. Hasn't happened in a long time.

Awesome. This forum is anonymous. You know that, right?

I've become Snopeproof also. One good time of pasting some bullshit email will break one from it quick :thup:

I've become Snopeproof also. One good time of pasting some bullshit email will break one from it quick :thup:

In your case, I believe this. In many cases, however, it is a near daily occurrence.

Who knows....maybe Predfan hasn't been duped in a long while. Maybe my perception isn't supported by the facts in his case. I can't say I've been paying all that much attention to him.

My brother is a very well educated man. A successful engineer....owns his own firm. Very wealthy.

He once sent me the "luxurious Chicago Cook County Jail" email.....which claimed that the prisoners were treated like resort guests and housed in very nicely appointed dormitories. The man truly believed that this was true.

There's no telling what a person can be led to believe.

Did you start this thread to attack people or what? You asked us to post a time when we were duped. Apparently in my case I should have asked you to list mine for me.

Maybe I just got duped again. I thought for a minute that you, a left wing nut moron would start a thread for fun and interesting discussion.

I'll not make that mistake again.

Last edited:

Did you start this thread to attack people or what? You asked us to post a time when we were duped. Apparently in my case I should have asked you to list mine for me.

Maybe I just got duped again. I thought for a minute that you, a left wing nut moron would start a thread for fun and interesting discussion.

I'll not make that mistake again.

Relax. I was very generous with you. Maybe you don't realize the tone that you take with me on a regular basis? Maybe you aren't aware?

I started this thread as a means to get some consensus between people who tend to be fucking disagreeable on every possible subject. I figured if I could get people to admit when they were wrong about things that are 100% provable....I might get people to move past the bullshit for a few minutes.

I will admit that my perception is that you've bitten bad apples more than once. If I'm wrong there.......and you truly learned your lesson after that single instance.....please accept my apology.

While I certainly didn't fall for the dealer's recommendation that the new 1979 Dodge Diplomat was a "babe magnet",
diplomat.jpg

I was a sucker thinking this was real when I first saw it on the internet:

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss cases in which you were duped by a media source or a politician.....and know it. In other words.....this is not a debate thread about whether or not you were duped. This is a simple thread where you can admit that you fell for a line of bull and now know that you were misled.

For example......if you once believed that Barack Obama was born in Kenya but....after examining the evidence....now know that he was born in Hawaii......post it here.

It will not hurt.....I promise.

I will start.

I once repeated a bit of misinformation regarding Sarah Palin. I actually wrote that she said she could see Russia from her house. I fell for a comedy line....and...without checking for accuracy.....repeated it. Boy....did I feel dumb.

Your turn.......

Was duped when 17 by my government thinking it was the 'good guys' and everyone else was the 'bad guys' and joined the Navy.

Boy was I suckered.

Forum List

Back