Admirals, generals: Let gays serve openly

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
:eusa_eh:

More than 100 call for repeal of military's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy

ANNAPOLIS, Md. - More than 100 retired generals and admirals called Monday for repeal of the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays so they can serve openly, according to a statement obtained by The Associated Press.

The move by the military veterans confronts the incoming administration of President-elect Barack Obama with a thorny political and cultural issue that dogged former President Bill Clinton early in his administration.

"As is the case with Great Britain, Israel, and other nations that allow gays and lesbians to serve openly, our service members are professionals who are able to work together effectively despite differences in race, gender, religion, and sexuality," the officers wrote.

Admirals, generals: Let gays serve openly - Military

That's a good idea. Then everyone would know who in the unit were homos.

So when a firefight with the enemy breaks out. Guess who would be the first casualties.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think we need to have our uniformed service men and women being "openly gay"...i.e., engaging in public displays of affection while wearing the uniform.

There are just some posts that boggle the mind in their dripping saturation of stupidity. We've just had the misfortune to have been soaked by two.

Displays of public affection while on duty are not allowed. This is true regardless of what gender sexual partner you prefer. Warriors fight. Sexual congress is not something one thinks about while being shot at.

Holy crap, you...you...*sigh* It's like toddlers starved for any type of attention.

Sadly, now I can't get the image of Article 15 and Glock holding hands and skipping down the street out of my mind.

"You don't need to be straight to fight and die for your country. You just need to shoot straight."
Barry Goldwater

That Barry Goldwater made a lot of sense!

Why belittle someone who wants to serve their country?

That's a good idea. Then everyone would know who in the unit were homos.

So when a firefight with the enemy breaks out. Guess who would be the first casualties.

You're always in early on these threads.

Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a small mind.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Since when did homos want to be a part of the military industrial complex ?:confused:

The ones that want to serve the Nation in its military already do and have probably since the services were first established.

Don't confuse them with the flamers that want to flaunt their sexuality in the faces of probably the most homophobic institution can find.

So heterosexuals flaunting their sexual preferences can be charged with conduct unbecomming, but homosexuals couldn't. Just another instance where they want a special rule to force the majority to accept their behavior.

But if they let us queers serve openly, does that not mean we'll re-arrange all the barracks and re-do the uniforms?

Okay, obligatory smart ass remark out the way.
Gunny, what do you mean?
In reference to gays being "flaming"?
That type of behavior would be conduct unbecoming?
In the same manner that heteros being openly sexual would be also, yes?
But if heteros or homos were just...soldiers and not flaunting anything, then all is good yes?
Not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to keep up.

But if they let us queers serve openly, does that not mean we'll re-arrange all the barracks and re-do the uniforms?

Okay, obligatory smart ass remark out the way.
Gunny, what do you mean?
In reference to gays being "flaming"?
That type of behavior would be conduct unbecoming?
In the same manner that heteros being openly sexual would be also, yes?
But if heteros or homos were just...soldiers and not flaunting anything, then all is good yes?
Not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to keep up.

Okay, if flaunting one's sexuality is not the purpose, then where's the argument? Gays ALREADY serve in the military. The ones that are there to serve. The ones that want to be defined by their sexual behavior first are the ones that don't and push this issue.

I don't want anyone like that around me. I don't care what anyone likes to fuck. None of mine, nor anyone else's business. But if you have to tell everyone continually, and define yourself as a person by your sexual preferences, then you don't need to be packing a loaded rifle in my company.

Gays destroy unit cohesion. You can argue the right and wrong of it all you want, but it won't change that fact one bit. Alpha males hate gays. Most Marines are alpha males. Anything that is detrimental to unit cohesion means the percentage of dead Marines goes up. Anything that makes that percentage go up needs to go, period.

And if you're talking about boffing Sally your conduct is just as improper as if you are talking about boffing Jimmy in the military in the workplace.

Gunny, I am asking you because you were in the military.

Just how many gay soliders flaunted their sexuality while you were serving? I would think that would be almost an invitation to getting the crap beat out of you, like you said, a lot of soliders are "alpha males."

I just can't see a solider saying,

"I'm here
I'm queer
I'm not going anywhere"

I would think they would be more discreet about it, but not lie if someone asked them.

Okay, if flaunting one's sexuality is not the purpose, then where's the argument? Gays ALREADY serve in the military. The ones that are there to serve. The ones that want to be defined by their sexual behavior first are the ones that don't and push this issue.

I don't want anyone like that around me. I don't care what anyone likes to fuck. None of mine, nor anyone else's business. But if you have to tell everyone continually, and define yourself as a person by your sexual preferences, then you don't need to be packing a loaded rifle in my company.

Gays destroy unit cohesion. You can argue the right and wrong of it all you want, but it won't change that fact one bit. Alpha males hate gays. Most Marines are alpha males. Anything that is detrimental to unit cohesion means the percentage of dead Marines goes up. Anything that makes that percentage go up needs to go, period.

And if you're talking about boffing Sally your conduct is just as improper as if you are talking about boffing Jimmy in the military in the workplace.

Boffing. Great word.

Okay.
What you say makes sense.
Where my problem lies is when someone who is gay, is serving honorably but covertly and then is "outed" and then dishonorably discharged.
That seems utterly ridiculous to me.
I agree that one should not flaunt their sexuality in the military. (or any work environment for that matter, save the entertainment industry)
I believe this for gays and straights.
But isn't it true that if a straight soldier is caught breaking the rules of sexual conduct (such as PDAs etc) then they can be disciplined short of a discharge; yet a gay soldier is automatically discharged?
Or is that true?
I could have that wrong.

Got another question.
How in the world does it work for their to be so many Alpha males in one place?
I'm being serious. One of my closest, life long friends is a Marine and I have the utmost respect for the armed services.
But I'd never thought of it the way you worded it and now I'm curious.

Okay.
What you say makes sense.
Where my problem lies is when someone who is gay, is serving honorably but covertly and then is "outed" and then dishonorably discharged.
That seems utterly ridiculous to me.
I agree that one should not flaunt their sexuality in the military. (or any work environment for that matter, save the entertainment industry)
I believe this for gays and straights.
But isn't it true that if a straight soldier is caught breaking the rules of sexual conduct (such as PDAs etc) then they can be disciplined short of a discharge; yet a gay soldier is automatically discharged?
Or is that true?
I could have that wrong.

Got another question.
How in the world does it work for their to be so many Alpha males in one place?
I'm being serious. One of my closest, life long friends is a Marine and I have the utmost respect for the armed services.
But I'd never thought of it the way you worded it and now I'm curious.

Good questions. Some that I've wondered about myself. Such as would a gay soldier who told his/her doctor or chaplain they were gay be risking dishorable discharge?

What American wants to know that they have a homo army protecting them!!!
You owe your safety here in the US in part to the bravery and sacrifice of gays currently serving in the military. Who are you to denigrate them for their sexual orientation?

Forum List

Back