Admiral Fallon to Retire Early

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Just another coincidence of a senior ranking officer retiring early after he voices disagreement with the real CIC. Right, right, Bush knows best even though he never left the skies of Alabama.:eusa_whistle:

WASHINGTON — Adm. William J. Fallon, the top American commander in the Middle East whose views on Iran and other issues have seemed to put him at odds with the Bush administration, is retiring early, the Pentagon said Tuesday afternoon.

The retirement of Admiral Fallon, 63, who only a year ago became the first Navy man to be named the commander of the United States Central Command, was announced by his civilian boss, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, who said that he accepted the admiral’s request to retire “with reluctance and regret.”

President Bush said Admiral Fallon had served his country with “honor, determination and commitment” and deserved “considerable credit” for the progress in Afghanistan and Iraq.

But despite the warm words from Mr. Bush and Mr. Gates, there was no question that the admiral’s premature departure stemmed from a public appearance of policy differences with the administration, and with Gen. David H. Petraeus, the American commander in Iraq.

http://tinyurl.com/2vs5mv

I deployed on Ike with Fox Fallon. He is a straight shooter... and a damned fine B/N.

he would undoubtedly have been the odd man out in any sort of Bush inner circle of sycophants.

However, both Abizaid and Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., who is also being replaced, "have voiced scepticism about an increase in troop numbers, instead wanting to focus on training Iraqi forces." [3]

Deja Vu

But we know he listens to his commanders. At least the ones who agree with him.

The Blind leading the Blinded.

Figures you two would ignore what the story says to play your little bullshit games. That is probably why neither of you made it pasted Light Bird status.

Figures you two would ignore what the story says to play your little bullshit games. That is probably why neither of you made it pasted Light Bird status.

I wonder who we should believe?

The alleged retired gunny sarge who was clueless about US military deployment in the balkans; who didn't know you needed a congressional nomination to attend a service academy; and who thought the Iraq war was a great idea?

Or, General David Grange?

CNN: CNN military expert General David Grange (ret.) says that this is how an officer responds when he disagrees with an administration's policies and feels decisions have been made that he can't in good conscience carry out. I don't know if Grange knows Fallon or knows his motives, but he seems to think that Fallon resigned in protest --- which is actually worse than if he were fired. Read that Esquire article and you'll see why.

personal insults from retired enlisted personnel who KNOW they would have gone to mast for saying them while still in uniform are always fun to read. :rofl:

Have you READ the Esquire article RGS, or are you going to dismiss it with one of your negative critiques when you don't even fucking know what it says?

personal insults from retired enlisted personnel who KNOW they would have gone to mast for saying them while still in uniform are always fun to read. :rofl:

Have you READ the Esquire article RGS, or are you going to dismiss it with one of your negative critiques when you don't even fucking know what it says?

I know what the Admiral said, I do not need to read what some reporter thinks he REALLY means.

As for DCD, what a moron. He doesn't even know what we are talking about and his own quote plainly states the General he quoted doesn't even know the Admiral.

Once again, get back to me when we ACTUALLY attack Iran. Something you people have been claiming we would do for years now. Something so unlikely to occur as to be ridiculous to claim. The democrats control Congress, explain again WHY they would support an attack on Iran?

And this is your whole problem. You think your still an Officer and can dictate to me what to say on this board.

I wonder who we should believe?

The alleged retired gunny sarge who was clueless about US military deployment in the balkans; who didn't know you needed a congressional nomination to attend a service academy; and who thought the Iraq war was a great idea?

Or, General David Grange?

By the way retard, you do not just need a nomination from a Congress member to go to the academies. But then if you had a clue you would know that.

By the way the Iraq war was justified and still is justified. Was it a good idea? I do not know and it does not matter. We did it and can not just take our ball and go home.

And your the retard on the Balkans. But thanks for playing dumbshit.

And this is your whole problem. You think your still an Officer and can dictate to me what to say on this board.

I AM still an officer....my ID card says so. But I don't think I can dictate your speech whatsoever.. You can say whatever you want. I am certainly free to laugh at it.

When will you read the article so that you can discuss Fox Fallon's resignation with any degree of knowledge?

I'll wait...but until you do, keep insulting my rank.... it is so predictable.

I don't think anything of the sort. You can say whatever you want. I am certainly free to laugh at it.

When will you read the article so that you can discuss Fox Fallon's resignation with any degree of knowledge?

I'll wait...but until you do, keep insulting my rank.... it is so predictable.

Your the dumb shit that keeps trying to pretend your rank makes you special.

Your the dumb shit that keeps trying to pretend your rank makes you special.

No...my rank does not make me special at all. It is what it is. It is the result of my professional career. Like your rank. You are awfully proud of having made it to GySgt, or you would not have chosen your screen name.

No...my rank does not make me special at all. It is what it is. It is the result of my professional career. Like your rank. You are awfully proud of having made it to GySgt, or you would not have chosen your screen name.

And yet we have your post above claiming I should not say what I said because if we were still in uniform.....

And yet we have your post above claiming I should not say what I said because if we were still in uniform.....

I did not say that you should not say it...I said it was funny to see you say it now when you would never have said it earlier.

and it was funny to see a medically retired E-7 saying someone was a loser for achieving the rank of O-5.

that's all.... you say whatever you want to gunny...

and I'll laugh at it when it warrants it.

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=53237

Try reading this.

In a statement also announcing his retirement, Fallon said implications that he was sparring with administration officials have led to confusion and awkwardness in his dealings with both U.S. and foreign officials, forcing his resignation.

“Recent press reports suggesting a disconnect between my views and the president’s policy objectives have become a distraction at a critical time and hamper efforts in the CENTCOM region,” the statement said.

“And although I don’t believe there have ever been any differences about the objectives of our policy in the Central Command area of responsibility, the simple perception that there is makes it difficult for me to effectively serve America’s interests there.”

My Bold.

I don't need to. Either the Admiral is telling the truth or he is lying. Which is it?

Of course he is telling the truth...that does not negate my speculation that he was asked to retire by the administration.

Now.... in order to gain a better understanding of Fox Fallon and the great job he did as CENTCOM, why don't you read the article?

That is probably why neither of you made it pasted Light Bird status.

oh...and for your edification, the jargon is either LIGHT COLONEL (O5) - "light" being a colloquial shortening of "Lieutenant" -or BIRD COLONEL (O6) - "bird" referring to the eagle which is the insignia of that rank - not LIGHT BIRD...which is, of course, nonsensical. One would think you would KNOW that, gunny!:rofl:

Of course he is telling the truth...that does not negate my speculation that he was asked to retire by the administration.

Now.... in order to gain a better understanding of Fox Fallon and the great job he did as CENTCOM, why don't you read the article?

For one I can not find it, for another I do not subscribe to that magazine.

Here we go... this guy dislikes Bush as much as you do try reading this...

http://eldib.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/crushing-the-ants-admiral-fallon-and-his-empire/

So much for "major disagreement"

Again get back to me as our planes and tanks roll into Iran. And explain how and why Congress would approve it for Bush?

Forum List

Back