Admins, I have an idea...

I just got a spam in my PM box, linking to a forum for veterans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or you simply got a different spam message. But the one I recieved from 'robare', who is currently online at the time of this post, said it was for "vets" of Wall Street. Not the military.

That sounds like it. Wall street was in the link. I don't remember the username. Once I saw "banned", it went into the trash. I figured it had already been reported.

I know Barb got it. Her name was on the list.

Yup, it had something about wall st in it. I like your idea. Spam posts are usually removed quickly, but the admins don't see spam pms unless they're reported. I didn't think of doing that. Its still in my inbox...

I just got a spam in my PM box, linking to a forum for veterans. It was sent to several other users too. I just deleted it after seeing the spammer had already been banned, other wise I would have posted it here.

I don't know if this is a major issue. It's the first time it's happened to me. Maybe it doesn't happen enough to even do anything about.

But if it is becoming a trend, maybe it could be dealt with like this. No PM capabilities until you've got 15 posts, like the n00b restriction on not being able to post links in the open forum. Is the software for this site able to do that?

Just an idea. Thanks. :thup:

Just let Xotzi hittem wit da wup ass

I just got a spam in my PM box, linking to a forum for veterans. It was sent to several other users too. I just deleted it after seeing the spammer had already been banned, other wise I would have posted it here.

I don't know if this is a major issue. It's the first time it's happened to me. Maybe it doesn't happen enough to even do anything about.

But if it is becoming a trend, maybe it could be dealt with like this. No PM capabilities until you've got 15 posts, like the n00b restriction on not being able to post links in the open forum. Is the software for this site able to do that?

Y'all need to learn to read. Didn't say shit about military veterans ......:eusa_whistle:

Just thinking that may restrict a noob from responding to a PM from a mod once they get set up. When I started a mod was questioning why my IP address matched that of another member. Turns out me , and someone who will remain nameless, work for the same company. +50k employees in +30 states and apparently every computer in the company shows the same IP address. :eusa_eh:

Who is the person that will remain nameless?

I only have one can left.

Y'all need to learn to read. Didn't say shit about military veterans ......:eusa_whistle:

:confused: Can someone please translate that for me?

Just thinking that may restrict a noob from responding to a PM from a mod once they get set up. When I started a mod was questioning why my IP address matched that of another member. Turns out me , and someone who will remain nameless, work for the same company. +50k employees in +30 states and apparently every computer in the company shows the same IP address. :eusa_eh:

Who is the person that will remain nameless?

Ummm ... him ....?

:confused: Can someone please translate that for me?

It says RIF .....:eusa_whistle:

So Gunny, not to be just another annoying bumble-bee ass or anything, but does PM spam happen enough to put the 15-post restriction in place?

I got one of those.... I sent mine to EZ, just I know she loves throwing that banhammer around.
No. She doesn't use a hammer. She punches what would be labeled "Enter" on anyone else's keyboards.

I just got a spam in my PM box, linking to a forum for veterans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or you simply got a different spam message. But the one I recieved from 'robare', who is currently online at the time of this post, said it was for "vets" of Wall Street. Not the military.

That sounds like it. Wall street was in the link. I don't remember the username. Once I saw "banned", it went into the trash. I figured it had already been reported.

I know Barb got it. Her name was on the list.
Retired crooks...not vets!!! Mine came from some dickwad named 'smoothy'.

I only have one can left.
Why, that's funny! I see a new one every time you post!:lol:

Forum List

Back