Administration to propose steps on gun safety

I would say it would depend on what the conviction was for.

Sounds a lot like what I said:

It depends. Are we talking about violent convicted felons or non-violent?

Though according to RGS, I'm not a reasonable fellow. But I wonder if that makes you my 'buddy' and unreasonable by proxy? :eusa_think:
Not too worried about what he thinks. However, what would you define as "reasonable"?

Not too worried about what he thinks. However, what would you define as "reasonable"?

That's a very broad question to ask.

However, I can tell you for example that I don't believe violent felons should be allowed to carry guns. Non-violent felons I do believe should still be allowed to carry guns.

I disagree.
A felony is a felony and an indicator of someone that has no respect for the law. Therefore they won't care much for any gun laws and will carry them if they wish.

Wouldn't the breaking of any law be an indicator of someone that has no respect for the law?

I disagree.
A felony is a felony and an indicator of someone that has no respect for the law. Therefore they won't care much for any gun laws and will carry them if they wish.

Wouldn't the breaking of any law be an indicator of someone that has no respect for the law?
Felony is representative of the severity of that breach, isn't it?

It's not like it's a surprise to any felon.
It's common knowledge that if you do "this", "this" will happen.
You know going in that a felony disqualifies you for gun ownership.
Don't do the crime.

Don't do the crime.

So what if someone commits like five counts of the same crime but they're not felonies?

Don't do the crime.

So what if someone commits like five counts of the same crime but they're not felonies?
What if my unicorn farts rainbows?

As was previously stated, we have more than enough established gun laws to follow without creating new ones.
As far as I know there is no limit to the number of misdemeanors.
Though there is the special circumstance of a Domestic Violence charge, not even a conviction, that will disqualify one form purchasing a handgun.
:cool:

That's a very broad question to ask.

However, I can tell you for example that I don't believe violent felons should be allowed to carry guns. Non-violent felons I do believe should still be allowed to carry guns.

should convicted felons be allowed to buy guns?

I would say it would depend on what the conviction was for.
I disagree.
I could support this:

No gun purchases for violent felons, and three strikes for non-violent felons. Get convicted the three non-violent felonies, and lose your gun rights.

I don't see how this administration is going to do anything against "guns" at this point. They are fast retreat over stimulus funds being used for a "supposed" tracing program of guns into Mexico. It looks like Holder might be implicated in this mess that has resulted in the deaths of American and Mexican law enforcement. If Holder doesn't take the hit, his boss, Obama may be an impeachment consideration. It is funny how the left were all over the Iran/Contra affair. In this case the feds just let them have the guns for seemingly, political purposes, hoping for a catastrophie where they could hammer down on the 2nd, but something went wrong, and now, they are in full CYA mode. Where are all the dems, denouncing this?

I don't see how this administration is going to do anything against "guns" at this point. They are fast retreat over stimulus funds being used for a "supposed" tracing program of guns into Mexico. It looks like Holder might be implicated in this mess that has resulted in the deaths of American and Mexican law enforcement. If Holder doesn't take the hit, his boss, Obama may be an impeachment consideration. It is funny how the left were all over the Iran/Contra affair. In this case the feds just let them have the guns for seemingly, political purposes, hoping for a catastrophie where they could hammer down on the 2nd, but something went wrong, and now, they are in full CYA mode. Where are all the dems, denouncing this?
Silly -- it's okay when a Democrat does it.

Forum List

Back