Administration Getting Weirder and Weirder

Remember back in the campaign? Obama PROMISED this Administration would be different? Everything "out in the open". No Favors for Lobbyists, reigning in special interests, no pork, etcetera, etcetera, ad nauseum.

I do notice he gave it to one of his Staunchist supporters. I also note that it was done with taxpayer dollars to write this, and whether Obama likes it or not? He is on ON the taxpayer DIME 24/7.

He's just giving exclusives to his BUDS...and hopes no one notices.

Once again? He's wrong in his omnipotent ASSumptions.
15wxn29.gif

Oh bullshit. The NYT remains the #3 most widely circulated newspaper, with syndicates all over the world picking up their stories. Number one is USA Today, which continues to be free, dropped at every hotel/motel doorstep all across the nation. Number two is the Wall Street Journal, whose editorial pages are controlled by Rupert Murdoch. Enough said.

Apparently the Postal Service is a LOSING proposition for the U.S. Government...

How to Move the Postal Service Truly Off Budget

Yep...The U.S. Postal Service...another UNION boondogle gone awry...

Sure they are Constitutionally mandated...but perhaps we should take another look at it?

They continue to lose...their productivity SUCKS, as it matters to what TAXPAYERS are paying for...

another one who doesnt know shit.....the PO is a service industry....we dont "produce" anything....... we deliver everything that is there to deliver,on a daily basis....it comes through the door ...its gone...so now tell me how "productivity sucks......

Ame®icano;1446108 said:
In the last 5 years cost of postal services doubled. Now, how can i believe that government provided health care will be cheaper and that government is going to save money, if based on USPS sample we all know that's not gonna happen?

bullshit.....it has not doubled....if that were true we would be paying 80 cents for a stamp...try finding facts instead of making up shit as you go along...it may help....

Apparently the Postal Service is a LOSING proposition for the U.S. Government...

How to Move the Postal Service Truly Off Budget

Yep...The U.S. Postal Service...another UNION boondogle gone awry...

Sure they are Constitutionally mandated...but perhaps we should take another look at it?

They continue to lose...their productivity SUCKS, as it matters to what TAXPAYERS are paying for...

Like all government departments, the US Postal Service isn't intended to make money. It's intended to provide a necessary service to the running of the country. That's why it's Constitutionally mandated. The Framers felt that the ability of EVERYONE to communicate across the country was sufficiently important to require the government to facilitate it, even if that means subsidizing it rather than pricing it out of reach of the poorest among us.

Whatever else the Postal Service is, by the way, they ARE productive. They process billions of letters and parcels every day, many of them just this side of illegible, and move them anywhere in the world in three days or less, with a rate of error far below that of their commercial competitors.

Which is not to say, let me hasten to add for the smart alecks among us, that I want my doctor's office imitating the warmth, friendliness, and pleasant atmosphere of my local Post Office. Nor do I think that the US Postal Service, like all government departments, isn't riddled with waste and deadwood. But it is unfair to say that, as government departments go, the Postal Service isn't accomplishing the job it was intended to do.

USPS Employee's put up with shit daily, from above , and the public. They do a great job in spite of the obstacles, rain or shine. There are better targets to dump on.

USPS Employee's put up with shit daily, from above , and the public. They do a great job in spite of the obstacles, rain or shine. There are better targets to dump on.

I couldn't agree more. I don't know the statistics, but I continue to be amazed that those tiny 3X5 cards and envelopes always seem to reach their destination. (Now if someone would just stop stealing my Vanity Fair magazines, I'd give the USPS a gold star.)

Maggie, how many lies has Obama told already? Yet you still support him. How incredibly stupid of you.

At the New Hampshire town hall meeting, Obama stated that he never said he supported a single-payer health care system. But as clearly evidenced by this video, in 2003, he declared: "I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan."

YouTube - Obama on single payer health insurance

A shining example of his stupity also arose during that town hall meeting while on one hand, Obama and other supporters of the idea argue that we need to have a strong government plan to create more efficiency, drive down prices, and "keep private insurers honest." Yet at the same time, they have to make it appear weaker to push back against those of us who argue that it will threaten private insurance and move us toward a single-payer system. So then you get statements in which Obama, in the course of arguing for a government-run system, takes a shot at the government-run post office.

Show me a Republican worth his salt, and I'll consider supporting him/her. So..... enlighten me in the meantime, how many "lies" has Obama told? Be specific. Here, I'll help you out:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Ame®icano;1446108 said:
He was responding to a point that private businesses can never compete with similar government businesses, citing as examples FedEx and UPS as being BETTER run than the US Postal Service (which is only partially government owned anyway). How could seemingly smart people not comprehend what he said is beyond me.

He also admitted that government controlled and subsidized US Postal Service has it's problems, mostly shortage of money, that is covered by the taxpayers. In the last 5 years cost of postal services doubled. Now, how can i believe that government provided health care will be cheaper and that government is going to save money, if based on USPS sample we all know that's not gonna happen?

The USPS is not losing money necessarily because of any mismanagement, but because people don't use snailmail anymore. It's a no-brainer.

I'd be willing to bet that if Obama was caught screwing a dog, you'd say he was just being kind to animals.

At the New Hampshire town hall meeting, Obama stated that he never said he supported a single-payer health care system. But as clearly evidenced by this video, in 2003, he declared: "I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan."

2003?????? Before he was even an announced candidate? Oh, good one!!!! How many times do politicians and/or lawmakers change their minds after analyzing a situation? Obama has SAID that he changed his mind about single-payer (or universal) because it would mean complete overhaul of the ENTIRE system, which was too large an endeavor to do during difficult economic times. So there's something wrong with a POTUS actually "flipflopping" for valid reasons? Get real.

Move on to your next bitch, Lone. This one is just too lame.

Maggie, do you just NOT understand what lying is? Fine.. if Obama changed his mind then he should have said, " At one time I thought a single payer system was a good idea but now, upon further study, I don't. That's NOT what he said. He claimed to have never said something he's on video saying. He went to Harry's union meeting and praised the Post Office as a shining example of a well run business and then turned to the public and said basically that USPS sucked as a business. To be wrong or change your mind and admit it is one thing, to flat out lie in this age of video and youtube, just makes us realize that he's too damned stupid to be prez if he doesn't know how video records ACTUAL history and will out his lies.

Forum List

Back