Adm McRaven: Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President

Can any of you Little Trumpsters produce a list of generals who support Trump's betrayal of the Kurds?
And you losers raging on McRaven, he is not the only general to slam Trump.
Another former CENTCOM general weighs in with displeasure over Trump’s Syria gambit
Retired Marine Gen. John Allen: 'There is blood on Trump's hands for abandoning our Kurdish allies' - CNNPolitics
‘Some of the Most Noble People I’d Ever Met’
Opinion: As a US military veteran, Trump's betrayal of the Kurds horrifies me
Former UK military chiefs condemn Trump’s ‘awful’ Syria decision – and its ramifications
Mattis: Trump's troop pullout will lead to 'disarray' in Syria and Isis resurgence
'Unfortunate': McMaster criticizes Trump's Syria troop withdrawal
I could go on and on.
Let's see what support military Trump has for his withdrawal and betrayal of the Kurds.
All I see are Little Trumpsters and his puppets. I mean, who would support a drafter dodger with zero experience in warfare and foreign affairs. Trump has been rolled by North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Russia. WTF has Trump actually accomplished on the world stage other than embarrass the United States and lose credibility of the United States.

"Retired" and "former" are the relevant words here. They served under the politicians who got us into this mess. The thinking has changed.

What thinking? Who's thinking?
And, who with a high level military thinking has come out and supported Trump's "thinking"?
Trump pulled out only because that was a campaign promise, how pathetic is that? Trump could not digest that what was going on on the ground in Syria, which it was still a volatile environment. That is not intelligent leadership. Did he ever look at the intelligence or consult with his general's. Apparently not. His decision caught everyone by surprise and I mean everyone.. Who in the fuck does that?
Come on, you can do better than that. I have to retract that last sentence, you're a goose-stepping lemming, hell will freeze over when you ever go against Trump and his mind numbing chaos.

Last edited:
You know, for the way that Trump has been pissing all over the Constitution, as well as breaking several laws (Emoluments Clause, Hatch Act to name a couple), EVERY military member, as well as all veterans should remember their Oath of Enlistment, where they promised to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Trump is a domestic threat to our Constitution and should be removed.

There you g again! You just had to prove that you are a dumbass! Mission accomplished, titless WAVE!

Emoluments Clause? You can;t even define it, much less cite a case where he has even been accused rightly.

The Hatch Act does not apply to the President dumbass! If it did, every President would be guilty of breaking it!

Thank you for that exceptional effort on proving why no one she bother listening to your clap-trap.

The Hatch Act
"The Hatch Act restricts federal employee participation in certain partisan political activities. The political activity restrictions apply during the entire time of an employee’s federal service. Certain rules prohibit both on-duty and off-duty conduct.

"Partisan political activities are those activities directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group. While most Federal employees are permitted to take an active part in partisan political management and partisan political campaigns, the Hatch Act does prohibit certain participation by all Federal employees. Federal employees may not seek public office in partisan elections, use their official title or authority when engaging in political activity, solicit or receive contributions for partisan political candidates or groups, and engage in political activity while on duty."

Trunk has already violated this act, and case in point is attacking the Bidens.

The Emoluments Clause is spelled out in Art. I and Art. II of COTUS, his recent decision to have the G7 stay at his property is a prima facie case and a fait accompli.
Another Trump voter, mentored by Trump who is the master at lying and character assassinations:

images
Are you often this wrong? If so, it will save me a lot of time in the future.

Well, I could be wrong that you are not a trump voter, but your post is clear and convincing you are echoing his bullshit.

Are you truly this dense?

The Hatch Act was put into effect to keep FEDERAL EMPLOYEES from participating in political activities.

Those elected to office are not included and were never meant to be. Neither are those appointed by the president to government positions.

"... the Hatch Act does prohibit certain participation by all Federal employees. Federal employees may not seek public office in partisan elections, use their official title or authority when engaging in political activity, solicit or receive contributions for partisan political candidates or groups, and engage in political activity while on duty."
Can you show me your posts condemning Democrats for violating the Hatch Act during the Obama Admin?

Ha! Trick question. We both know you didn't.

Obama is no longer President, if you want to go back and play this game, let's compare the number of members in the Obama Administration with the number of members in the Reagan Administration and Trump's who have been indicted and put in prison.

I didn't hear this much wailing, anguish and regret (from the left, anyway) when we withdrew from S. Vietnam with Vietnamese people actually dangling from the runners of the last helicopter leaving Saigon in '75.

The leftists (many Communist sympathizers among the group) hid their sorrow and remorse at leaving South Vietnamese allies behind at the mercy of the Communist Viet Cong so well. You would never guess they were emotionally shattered by our withdrawal from Vietnam.

It can't because of our great love of the Syrian Kurds because there really hasn't been any for the tribesmen who have been fighting the Turks for generation after generation. It just so happens our interests have coincided with theirs and admittedly they have been excellent fighters (once equipped with our arms and fighting alongside our troops).

So it must be the hate of Donald Trump has magically made these stateless tribal people suddenly become so dear and precious to us. In supporting the Kurds in Syria, US has been playing fast and loose with the law

I appreciate that they have been good allies but does anyone really think we were going to stationed in the region forever keeping the murderous Turks off their backs?
Like I said this all about joyous hate for President Trump, once more. And as such I have no stomach for the left's crocodile tears and sanctimony.

I didn't hear this much wailing, anguish and regret (from the left, anyway) when we withdrew from S. Vietnam with Vietnamese people actually dangling from the runners of the last helicopter leaving Saigon in '75.

The leftists (many Communist sympathizers among the group) hid their sorrow and remorse at leaving South Vietnamese allies behind at the mercy of the Communist Viet Cong so well. You would never guess they were emotionally shattered by our withdrawal from Vietnam.

It can't because of our great love of the Syrian Kurds because there really hasn't been any for the tribesmen who have been fighting the Turks for generation after generation. It just so happens our interests have coincided with theirs and admittedly they have been excellent fighters (once equipped with our arms and fighting alongside our troops).

So it must be the hate of Donald Trump has magically made these stateless tribal people suddenly become so dear and precious to us. In supporting the Kurds in Syria, US has been playing fast and loose with the law

I appreciate that they have been good allies but does anyone really think we were going to stationed in the region forever keeping the murderous Turks off their backs?
Like I said this all about joyous hate for President Trump, once more. And as such I have no stomach for the left's crocodile tears and sanctimony.

Wasn't Richard Nixon a Republican.
The US was losing the war in Vietnam and at home. The US mismanaged the Vietnam War, both Democratic and Republican administrations were guilty of this travesty. The US set up one crooked Vietnamese government and keep on doing it . After the US retreated, there was a lot of bloodshed of those who fought with us. Yes, just because we do it once, doesn't legitimizes doing it again. (It appears to be a Republican thing, betraying our allies leaving them to die). The entire exit was poorly planed.
Also:
Nixon Prolonged Vietnam War for Political Gain—And Johnson Knew About It, Newly Unclassified Tapes Suggest | Smart News | Smithsonian
Sound familiar?
Anyway, you are correct about the leftist peaceniks scorned the troops when they came home. Vietnam vets for years were looked down on. Definitely uncool, very shameful.and disgusting.
https://www.history.com/news/vietnam-war-veterans-treatment
Unlike our current government,they welcome refugees from the war:
The Indochina Migration and Refugee Assistance Act, passed on May 23, 1975, under President Gerald Ford, was a response to the Fall of Saigon and the end of the Vietnam War. Under this act, approximately 130,000 refugees from South Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia were allowed to enter the United States under a special status, and the act allotted for special relocation aid and financial assistance.[1]
Indochina Migration and Refugee Assistance Act - Wikipedia
And then:
Trump’s plan to deport Vietnamese refugees betrays a sacred American principle
Opinion | Division | Vietnamese boat people, Vietnam history, Saigon vietnam
Trump sure knows how to betray people, who's the next group he's going to betray?

Last edited:
Can any of you Little Trumpsters produce a list of generals who support Trump's betrayal of the Kurds?
And you losers raging on McRaven, he is not the only general to slam Trump.
Another former CENTCOM general weighs in with displeasure over Trump’s Syria gambit
Retired Marine Gen. John Allen: 'There is blood on Trump's hands for abandoning our Kurdish allies' - CNNPolitics
‘Some of the Most Noble People I’d Ever Met’
Opinion: As a US military veteran, Trump's betrayal of the Kurds horrifies me
Former UK military chiefs condemn Trump’s ‘awful’ Syria decision – and its ramifications
Mattis: Trump's troop pullout will lead to 'disarray' in Syria and Isis resurgence
'Unfortunate': McMaster criticizes Trump's Syria troop withdrawal
I could go on and on.
Let's see what support military Trump has for his withdrawal and betrayal of the Kurds.
All I see are Little Trumpsters and his puppets. I mean, who would support a drafter dodger with zero experience in warfare and foreign affairs. Trump has been rolled by North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Russia. WTF has Trump actually accomplished on the world stage other than embarrass the United States and lose credibility of the United States.
It's always funny when people who loathe the US military start parading around a handful of members who say things they like.

Funny -- but never credible.

Pretty much routine when anyone, no matter who or what their station or position in life and society may be, will be attacked, disparaged, and demonized by Trump and a small minority of his seemingly brainwashed robot-like supporters. Even those who have served honorably in the military and repeatedly proved dedication, patriotism, and loyalty to America are subjected to organized attacks by Trump lies and dishonest talking points and echoed by his hypocritical cohorts who falsely claim patriotism while attacking those who have insured their rights and freedoms.
Uh huh. Because it's not like leftists haven't consistently attacked conservative servicemembers whenever they voice their views.

Stop pretending you give a shit about the military. Nobody's buying it.

There you g again! You just had to prove that you are a dumbass! Mission accomplished, titless WAVE!

Emoluments Clause? You can;t even define it, much less cite a case where he has even been accused rightly.

The Hatch Act does not apply to the President dumbass! If it did, every President would be guilty of breaking it!

Thank you for that exceptional effort on proving why no one she bother listening to your clap-trap.

The Hatch Act
"The Hatch Act restricts federal employee participation in certain partisan political activities. The political activity restrictions apply during the entire time of an employee’s federal service. Certain rules prohibit both on-duty and off-duty conduct.

"Partisan political activities are those activities directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group. While most Federal employees are permitted to take an active part in partisan political management and partisan political campaigns, the Hatch Act does prohibit certain participation by all Federal employees. Federal employees may not seek public office in partisan elections, use their official title or authority when engaging in political activity, solicit or receive contributions for partisan political candidates or groups, and engage in political activity while on duty."

The Emoluments Clause is spelled out in Art. I and Art. II of COTUS, his recent decision to have the G7 stay at his property is a prima facie case and a fait accompli.
Are you often this wrong? If so, it will save me a lot of time in the future.

Well, I could be wrong that you are not a trump voter, but your post is clear and convincing you are echoing his bullshit.

The Hatch Act was put into effect to keep FEDERAL EMPLOYEES from participating in political activities.

Those elected to office are not included and were never meant to be. Neither are those appointed by the president to government positions.

"... the Hatch Act does prohibit certain participation by all Federal employees. Federal employees may not seek public office in partisan elections, use their official title or authority when engaging in political activity, solicit or receive contributions for partisan political candidates or groups, and engage in political activity while on duty."
Can you show me your posts condemning Democrats for violating the Hatch Act during the Obama Admin?

Obama is no longer President, if you want to go back and play this game, let's compare the number of members in the Obama Administration with the number of members in the Reagan Administration and Trump's who have been indicted and put in prison.
Deflection. Not at all surprising. Like I said, we both know you'd NEVER criticize a Democrat.

You know, you won't burst into flames. You won't be punished for apostasy.

Well -- you might, at that. The cult of the left tolerates no dissent.

The Hatch Act

Deflection. Not at all surprising. Like I said, we both know you'd NEVER criticize a Democrat.

You deflected back to Obama, and blame me for going with it. You're a hypocrite.

Then you adopt a BIG LIE; there is no cult of the left, that's the same conspiracy theory as calling it the Deep State.

You deflected back to Obama, and blame me for going with it. You're a hypocrite.

Then you adopt a BIG LIE; there is no cult of the left, that's the same conspiracy theory as calling it the Deep State.
We were discussing the Hatch Act, moron, and your refusal to condemn Democrats for violating it. I didn't mention Obama except using his Administration as a time frame. You know, the time frame during which you refused to condemn Democrats.

Good Gaea, you're an idiot.

Ya... sure... soldiers just want FIGHT FOR NOTHING, get their legs and shit blown off for NOTHING... to keep fighting a NEVER ENDING BATTLE for NO REASON AT ALL, and NO END IN SIGHT, NO MISSION, NO END STRATEGY, just FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, and DIE, DIE, DIE in RAG HEAD WARS they've been fighting for THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

Yeah, that's the ticket, you DEMOCRATS just LOVE WAR, so WHY don't we see ALL of you LEFTIST WAR LOVING FREAKS lined up at the RECRUITERS OFFICE?

GO JOIN UP, GO FIGHT, for... WHATEVER... go get your LEGS BLOWN OFF, and please, PLEASE, tell us WHAT FOR!

Ya... sure... soldiers just want FIGHT FOR NOTHING, get their legs and shit blown off for NOTHING... to keep fighting a NEVER ENDING BATTLE for NO REASON AT ALL, and NO END IN SIGHT, NO MISSION, NO END STRATEGY, just FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, and DIE, DIE, DIE in RAG HEAD WARS they've been fighting for THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

Yeah, that's the ticket, you DEMOCRATS just LOVE WAR, so WHY don't we see ALL of you LEFTIST WAR LOVING FREAKS lined up at the RECRUITERS OFFICE?

GO JOIN UP, GO FIGHT, for... WHATEVER... go get your LEGS BLOWN OFF, and please, PLEASE, tell us WHAT FOR!
Democrats send our sons to war.

They send their sons to Ukraine to get high-paying jobs.

Democrats send our sons to war.

They send their sons to Ukraine to get high-paying jobs.

Biden's sons volunteered to serve in the military. How many of President Bone Spurs' kids have served? How many would even consider it?

And, I myself served over 20 years in the US Navy.

You know, for the way that Trump has been pissing all over the Constitution, as well as breaking several laws (Emoluments Clause, Hatch Act to name a couple), EVERY military member, as well as all veterans should remember their Oath of Enlistment, where they promised to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Trump is a domestic threat to our Constitution and should be removed.

Perhaps you should find out what you're posting before hitting the "POST REPLY" button?

did-anybody-S.jpg

Adm McRaven: Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President
Opinion | Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President

If President Trump doesn’t demonstrate the leadership that America needs, then it is time for a new person in the Oval Office.

By William H. McRaven
Admiral McRaven is a former commander of the United States Special Operations Command.

Oct. 17, 2019

<snip>

But, if we don’t care about our values, if we don’t care about duty and honor, if we don’t help the weak and stand up against oppression and injustice — what will happen to the Kurds, the Iraqis, the Afghans, the Syrians, the Rohingyas, the South Sudanese and the millions of people under the boot of tyranny or left abandoned by their failing states?

If our promises are meaningless, how will our allies ever trust us? If we can’t have faith in our nation’s principles, why would the men and women of this nation join the military? And if they don’t join, who will protect us? If we are not the champions of the good and the right, then who will follow us? And if no one follows us — where will the world end up?

President Trump seems to believe that these qualities are unimportant or show weakness. He is wrong. These are the virtues that have sustained this nation for the past 243 years. If we hope to continue to lead the world and inspire a new generation of young men and women to our cause, then we must embrace these values now more than ever.

And if this president doesn’t understand their importance, if this president doesn’t demonstrate the leadership that America needs, both domestically and abroad, then it is time for a new person in the Oval Office — Republican, Democrat or independent — the sooner, the better. The fate of our Republic depends upon it.

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, is a former commander of the United States Special Operations Command and former chancellor of The University of Texas system.

Trump is a traitor and a criminal that needs to be removed and imprisoned for his treason against the United states! About time our military start standing up against him.

Here....about mc craven....

Who the Hell Do They Think They Are?

I suggest that the just response from self-respecting Americans to McRaven and others like him is: “Who the hell do you think you are?”
-----
Even as McRaven brays for removing the president, he pretends solicitude for “the republic.” But remember: the American republic is founded on the will of the people, expressed by elections. The foremost thing to keep in mind about what is happening in Washington is that it is, above all, an attempt to subordinate the will of the people, expressed in elections, to the will of the ruling class, expressed through its control of social and political institutions.
--------

Even as McRaven brays for removing the president, he pretends solicitude for “the republic.” But remember: the American republic is founded on the will of the people, expressed by elections. The foremost thing to keep in mind about what is happening in Washington is that it is, above all, an attempt to subordinate the will of the people, expressed in elections, to the will of the ruling class, expressed through its control of social and political institutions.

Just out of curiosity for all you people bitching about McRaven................how many of YOU would have been able to complete BUDs training and become a SEAL?

Just out of curiosity for all you people bitching about McRaven................how many of YOU would have been able to complete BUDs training and become a SEAL?

What does that matter?....we are not questioning how tough he is but where is loyalty is......and his wisdom....you can be physically tough and be really, really stupid....

What does that matter?....we are not questioning how tough he is but where is loyalty is......and his wisdom....you can be physically tough and be really, really stupid....

Not in the SEALs you can't. Yes, the main reason people wash out is because they come to a point where they THINK they can't physically go on, but many find the resolve to keep at it. But, people can also wash out for failing tests or not performing well enough on their studies.

And, if you knew much about the culture of SEALs, you would also know that they constantly reinforce each other's patriotism and faith in this country. McRaven is speaking out, because as a military officer, he feels it's his duty to call out his superiors when they are screwing up.

Not in the SEALs you can't. Yes, the main reason people wash out is because they come to a point where they THINK they can't physically go on, but many find the resolve to keep at it. But, people can also wash out for failing tests or not performing well enough on their studies.

And, if you knew much about the culture of SEALs, you would also know that they constantly reinforce each other's patriotism and faith in this country. McRaven is speaking out, because as a military officer, he feels it's his duty to call out his superiors when they are screwing up.

you would also know that they constantly reinforce each other's patriotism and faith in this country.

You mean except this guy.....since he is calling for a coup against the sitting President.....and where has Trump screwed up? This asshole has an opinion....that's it......

Again....wisdom is not given to SEALs just because they become SEALs......this guy proves that point....

Forum List

Back