ADL did NOT apologize to Beck for what he said about Soros and the Holocaust

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
The 'apology' letter from Abraham Foxman was dated October 22nd. Every year, October proceeds November. On November 11th, the same Abraham H. Foxman said:

Glenn Beck's description of George Soros' actions during the Holocaust is completely inappropriate, offensive and over the top. For a political commentator or entertainer to have the audacity to say – inaccurately – that there's a Jewish boy sending Jews to death camps, as part of a broader assault on Mr. Soros, that's horrific.

While I, too, may disagree with many of Soros' views and analysis on the issues, to bring in this kind of innuendo about his past is unacceptable. To hold a young boy responsible for what was going on around him during the Holocaust as part of a larger effort to denigrate the man is repugnant.

The Holocaust was a horrific time, and many people had to make excruciating choices to ensure their survival. George Soros has been forthright about his childhood experiences and his family's history, and there the matter should rest.

Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The Top'

i dont think ANYONE gives half a shit. I think it would be better for you to explain why it is smarter to not prepare for a possible disaster and read books than it is to be cautious and protect your family? That is the question that you should answer.

So what?
Like it's some BIG DEAL what the ADL says? just like we are suppose to care what the NAACP says...
pfeeeesh.:cuckoo:

i dont think ANYONE gives half a shit. I think it would be better for you to explain why it is smarter to not prepare for a possible disaster and read books than it is to be cautious and protect your family? That is the question that you should answer.

Nope, have to focus on the controversy rather than the message.

Greenspan and many other top tier economists say the US is going to hit a double dip and there will be a bond crisis. I am happy at least that it seems that Darwin was right. While the "idiot rightwingers" play smart and prepare just IN CASE, the leftist loons will keep their heads in the sand, then when the boot of reality comes by they will get it straight up their ass. And guess what would happen after that! The leftists will BEG the "idiot rightwing" for protection. LOL. Irony at it's finest.

Guess what though, we will help you out of pity even though you don't deserve it. Why? Because unlike the left, we believe in helping our neighbor in times of strife. Not because the government mandates it, but because we are good people for the most part, unlike the doorknob licking government lovers. So stand back, let us with a work ethic protect you as you are not smart enough to protect yourselves. :)

It's the goddamn ant and the grasshopper all over again.

Last edited:
Greenspan? he is a a large part of the cause of it all. why should anyone listen to him?

But yes it will suck for quite a while and I do not expect the working class of America to ever get back up to where we were.

Greenspan? he is a a large part of the cause of it all. why should anyone listen to him?

But yes it will suck for quite a while and I do not expect the working class of America to ever get back up to where we were.

again, sniping the messenger and ignoring the message will be your undoing. You will beg your prepared neighbor for help if the shit ever hits the fan.

That letter referred to the first time Beck said that stuff about Soros.

Fucking idiot.

Uh, that is what I said...

Uh, no it isn't. Beck first made those comments before the apology letter was issued. Has nothing to do with October coming before November. Try not to be an idiot - and try to engage your brain before you make mileage out of crap.

Beck used the letter the other day to defend himself over what ADL said SINCE that letter, about an incident that occurred SINCE that letter,

which, essentially, makes Beck an asshole.

Beck must think the letter is some sort of free pass that now protects him from criticism for future remarks. It's idiocy.

Uh, no it isn't. Beck first made those comments before the apology letter was issued. Has nothing to do with October coming before November. Try not to be an idiot - and try to engage your brain before you make mileage out of crap.

Beck used the letter the other day to defend himself over what ADL said SINCE that letter, about an incident that occurred SINCE that letter,

Beck must think the letter is some sort of free pass that now protects him from criticism for future remarks. It's idiocy.

Basically what happened is similar to the following:

I call you a fucking moron. You whine about it. Gunny says 'no, she's right, you are a fucking moron. Several months later, I call you a fucking moron. You whine about it. I quote Gunny as evidence because it is the same thing I said previously.

That's exactly what happened here. Beck said something about Soros. The ADL said it was not defamation. He produces that letter because he is accused of defamation for what he said this time. But.... what he said this time is the same thing he said last time. Ergo, the letter is valid.

I admit, this concept may be above the intellectual pay grade of the whining left but that doesn't make it any less valid.

Well you dont listen to Soros either. He outlined his plan.

So the Rich Internationalist Jew has a Plan??

Why do I get the sense that I've heard that before??

Oh I get it if you pay attention to what the Quran says or listen to the details of What Soros says you are some kind of ...What pejorative would you like to use today?

I call you a fucking moron. You whine about it. Gunny says 'no, she's right, you are a fucking moron. Several months later, I call you a fucking moron. You whine about it. I quote Gunny as evidence because it is the same thing I said previously.

That's exactly what happened here. Beck said something about Soros. The ADL said it was not defamation. He produces that letter because he is accused of defamation for what he said this time. But.... what he said this time is the same thing he said last time. Ergo, the letter is valid.

I admit, this concept may be above the intellectual pay grade of the whining left but that doesn't make it any less valid.

yeah, that does not even fly when dropped from a plane, missy.

That letter referred to the first time Beck said that stuff about Soros.

Fucking idiot.

Uh, I guess you can read books, but not linked articles.

Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The Top'

New York, NY, November 11, 2010 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today criticized as "completely inappropriate and offensive" remarks by Glenn Beck on his radio and television programs, in which he inaccurately connected George Soros, who was then a young boy, to the actions of others in sending Jews to death camps during the Holocaust.

On his November 10 radio show, Beck described how Soros, who was born in Hungary to Orthodox Jewish parents, "used to go around with this anti-Semite and deliver papers to the Jews and confiscate their property and then ship them off. And George Soros was part of it. He would help confiscate the stuff. It was frightening. Here's a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps."

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director and a Holocaust survivor, issued the following statement:

Glenn Beck's description of George Soros' actions during the Holocaust is completely inappropriate, offensive and over the top. For a political commentator or entertainer to have the audacity to say – inaccurately – that there's a Jewish boy sending Jews to death camps, as part of a broader assault on Mr. Soros, that's horrific.

While I, too, may disagree with many of Soros' views and analysis on the issues, to bring in this kind of innuendo about his past is unacceptable. To hold a young boy responsible for what was going on around him during the Holocaust as part of a larger effort to denigrate the man is repugnant.

The Holocaust was a horrific time, and many people had to make excruciating choices to ensure their survival. George Soros has been forthright about his childhood experiences and his family's history, and there the matter should rest.

No you are dead wrong. That is also a comically gross mischaracterization of the letter.

Forum List

Back