ADL apologizes to Beck

This article did a good job of pulverizing Beck:
Glenn Beck's Ridiculous Misreading of George Soros Might Not Be As Inappropriate As Busting a 14-Year-Old's Balls for How He Behaved During the Holocaust, But It Still Sets Back the Cause of Human Understanding - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

<snip>

First and foremostly, having lived in Soros' home town of Budapest for three years, plus another five in Prague and Bratislava (and an abortive, short-term attempt to "move" to Cuba), I have become convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt about this one thing: As a native son of the free world you can and damn well should cheer a person who acted bravely in the face of a pervasive and murderous totalitarian state, but with the exception of the monsters who willfully abused power there, you had better err massively on the side of reticence before casting negative judgment on the compromises that captive citizens made under a pressure we literally cannot fathom.

This goes doubly for pubescent kids, and off the freakin' charts when it comes to a 14-year-old Jew in Jew-butchering Hungary in 1944 trying to stay alive.

I would think that this would be a common-sense thing, but I am constantly surprised by how quickly people are willing to toss decency and basic rationality out the window when discussing a hate figure from the other team.

Some of what Beck said:

Click link.

He did not help send Jews to death camps, as Beck claimed.

It's rather sad that you can't admit that.

He didnt drive the train or work the ramp. He was part of the process to bad you can admit that.
No he wasn't.

I'm beginning to suspect that you, like Beck, are probably anti-semitic.

Is Mr Soros anti-semetic for freely discussing how he traveled around with his "godfather" confiscating lands from wealthy jews?

Or are we just supposedly to ignore what he says to blame Beck for something.

Soros speaks for himself .
Dont blame Beck.

The important question here that doesn't seem to have been brought up is,

why does Beck bring this is up? What is Beck's point? What is Beck's intent?

Given Beck's overall intent, which is to demonize George Soros, one would reasonably speculate that Beck has brought this up to further that overall intent.

Why else would he mention it?

It's called context.

Tell me, why is Soros different from the people who earn 200K and more that you guys are always complaining about having too much power and money?

It be nice if you guys would fight for the right of the average citizen to make wealth as much as you are for this guy.

Context? That's all you can say? btw, have you apologized to us for your dishonest thread?

LET ME EXPLAIN WHAT BECK WAS DOING HERE:

In an extremely insidious manner, Beck was trying to portray Soros as a COLLABORATOR, and as an anti-semite.

If you carefully read what Beck said, he 'cleverly' washes his own hands in the matter, or at least tries to appear innocent to the untrained eye. He proclaims that HE is not calling Soros anti-semitic - although others might. That is a devious rhetorical trick to plant the seed, to create an atmosphere that portrays Soros as having been a evil child doing evil deeds, and yet,

Beck himself maintains this phoney veneer of not being the accuser, nor the believer.

It's admittedly quite well done, and I'm sure it works for most of Beck's audience.

The important question here that doesn't seem to have been brought up is,

why does Beck bring this is up? What is Beck's point? What is Beck's intent?

Given Beck's overall intent, which is to demonize George Soros, one would reasonably speculate that Beck has brought this up to further that overall intent.

Why else would he mention it?

It's called context.

Tell me, why is Soros different from the people who earn 200K and more that you guys are always complaining about having too much power and money?

It be nice if you guys would fight for the right of the average citizen to make wealth as much as you are for this guy.

Context? That's all you can say? btw, have you apologized to us for your dishonest thread?

In an extremely insidious manner, Beck was trying to portray Soros as a COLLABORATOR, and as an anti-semite.

If you carefully read what Beck said, he 'cleverly' washes his own hands in the matter, or at least tries to appear innocent to the untrained eye. He proclaims that HE is not calling Soros anti-semitic - although others might. That is a devious rhetorical trick to plant the seed, to create an atmosphere that portrays Soros as having been a evil child doing evil deeds, and yet,

Beck himself maintains this phoney veneer of not being the accuser, nor the believer.

It's admittedly quite well done, and I'm sure it works for most of Beck's audience.
So Beck is insidiously creating a conspiracy on a insidious conspirator ?
Im going to need a play book. I expect C2C AM to pick up the story line shortly with Richard Hoagland doing commentary.

Nothing dishonest about the thread.

What's dishonest is people here is people taking Glenn out of Context and ignoring what George Soros has freely admitted.

If you are trying to do an expose about people, you don't ignore important events in their life if you are trying to get an accurate picture of their life.

What's dishonest is people here is people taking Glenn out of Context and ignoring what George Soros has freely admitted.

If you are trying to do an expose about people, you don't ignore important events in their life if you are trying to get an accurate picture of their life.
Your title is dishonest.

When Soros was 14, his father, to save him from being sent to a death camp, turned him over to someone that could protect him. That Soros went to a house where this man cataloged stolen art has no relation to Beck's hyperventilation that Soros is somehow controlling the world.

No relation whatsoever.

And to claim that Soros helped send Jews to death camps is an outrageous fucking lie.

nothing dishonest about the thread.

What's dishonest is people here is people taking glenn out of context and ignoring what george soros has freely admitted.

your title is dishonest.

When soros was 14, his father, to save him from being sent to a death camp, turned him over to someone that could protect him. That soros went to a house where this man cataloged stolen art has no relation to beck's hyperventilation that soros is somehow controlling the world.

No relation whatsoever.

And to claim that soros helped send jews to death camps is an outrageous fucking lie.
its not an outrageous lie.

Are you retarded? Seriously, I'm genuinely curious. ADL did not apologize for criticizing Beck's remarks of last week.

Why in the world would you want to be the kind of shit who denies an irrefutable fact. People hate people like that. Why would you want to be one of those people? Are you trying to project your own self-loathing?

Show some character for once in your wretched waste of a human existence.

For God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!

It's called context.

So Beck is insidiously creating a conspiracy on a insidious conspirator ?
Im going to need a play book. I expect C2C AM to pick up the story line shortly with Richard Hoagland doing commentary.

The guest host on Thom Hartmann today put what I said more succinctly. Beck is attacking Soros as the Bad Jew, in implicit contrast to the Good Jews.

Forum List

Back