ADELSON: US SHOULD DROP ATOMIC BOMB ON IRAN

Well they do keep saying they want nukes so maybe we should give them some so they'll STFU.

That's a real old article, Dick. From 2013. Well, not too old, I guess. We musn't forget these kinds of narratives because they really haven't went away. It was in my bookmarks for some reason. I was cleaning them out and saw it and just remembered how crazy people can be.

He also contends that the U.S. should show Iran nuclear capabilities.

Adelson: US should drop atomic bomb on Iran

At first, I was like get out, no way, you're freakin cray cray. Ha. Then I thought to myself that it figures it'd be something like that.
Well they do keep saying they want nukes so maybe we should give them some so they'll STFU.

That's a real old article, Dick. It was in my bookmarks for some reason. I was cleaning them out and saw it and just remembered how crzy people can be.
It doesnt matter, it still fits.

We're basically gonna have Trump trying to make a name for himself with regard to global geo-politics. Saudi Arabia and Israel will be preempting that dialogue. And, of course, Trump will be the least experienced in the whole room. And gare awn teed he's gonna be the least crafty of em all. It's a bad, bad situation, lemme tell ya. Trump wants to prove to everybody that he can make a better agreement than the previous admin.

Trump's gonna end up with a quick agreementl with Iran that the thinks is preferable to him in that same context with wanting to make a name for himself on that global stage. And with the Saudis and Israel preempting the dalogue you can bet your butt that the agreement he makes will be way, way, way worse.

Last edited:
They're going to drop one on somebody sooner or later, they're batshit crazies, and better them than us or our allies. Wipe out their nuke program now, or pay a heavy price later. If we can do it with conventional weapons and embargos, fine, but we know the world is full of other vermin who are only too happy to sell them whatever they want, and that includes some Euros, too.

Why is dropping a nuke the first plan of action that most of the conservatives on here go to?

If we wanna be good conservatives, we have a very good guide. It's called the Constitution.

Been cut to pieces for a long time now; Lincoln and the Chase Courts and every SC from 1868 to 1899 flushed it down the toilet. Right wingers aren't Conservatives, and neither are Libertarians.

He also contends that the U.S. should show Iran nuclear capabilities.

Adelson: US should drop atomic bomb on Iran

At first, I was like get out, no way, you're freakin cray cray. Ha. Then I thought to myself that it figures it'd be something like that.
Who's "they?" Israel? They've already got nukes. Wiki: Israel is also generally understood to have nuclear weapons,[2][3][4][5][6] but does not acknowledge it, maintaining a policy of deliberate ambiguity, and is not known definitively to have conducted a nuclear test.[7] Israel is estimated to possess somewhere between 75 and 400 nuclear warheads.[8][9] One possible motivation for nuclear ambiguity is deterrence with minimum political cost.[1
List of states with nuclear weapons - Wikipedia

Why is dropping a nuke the first plan of action that most of the conservatives on here go to?

If we wanna be good conservatives, we have a very good guide. It's called the Constitution.

Where in the Constitution does it say to drop nukes as a first course of action? Yeah, I know nukes didn't exist back then, but where in the Constitution does it say to go to war as a first course of action?

Yeah, I know nukes didn't exist back then, but where in the Constitution does it say to go to war as a first course of action?

If we're gonna define conservatism, the best way of doing that is to ask what the role of government should be. The Founders asked the question, they had a revolution and they wrote a constitution. What they said was that the role of government should be to protect Individual liberty. Not to be the policemen of the world and not to run a welfare/warfare state.

So, yeah. It's about the proper role of government.

And I wanna see a Declaration of War. Again, per the Constitution.

We need to start concerning ourselves more with American interests than of any others. Take back the narrative. The wars are costing us trillions of dollars we don't have.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Where in the Constitution does it say to drop nukes as a first course of action? Yeah, I know nukes didn't exist back then, but where in the Constitution does it say to go to war as a first course of action?

Iran declared war when it seized our embassy. Seizing embassies is an act of war same as invading sovereign soil and blockading ports, bombing troops, etc.

Who's "they?" Israel? They've already got nukes. Wiki: Israel is also generally understood to have nuclear weapons,[2][3][4][5][6] but does not acknowledge it, maintaining a policy of deliberate ambiguity, and is not known definitively to have conducted a nuclear test.[7] Israel is estimated to possess somewhere between 75 and 400 nuclear warheads.[8][9] One possible motivation for nuclear ambiguity is deterrence with minimum political cost.[1
List of states with nuclear weapons - Wikipedia

Kennedy shoulda never poked his nose around what was going on there back then. My two cents.

Iran declared war when it seized our embassy. Seizing embassies is an act of war same as invading sovereign soil and blockading ports, bombing troops, etc.

Yeah. Sure is.

For the asual passer-by, as just an add-on to what Picaro mentioned. 2002 review...

A Review Of US Unilateral Sanctions Against Iran

It starts off with the Carter admin.

Snip...

This article is based on a recent presentation at a CWC conference on Iran by Dr Franssen. Much of the research of the presentation was conducted by Dr Elaine Morton. Dr Franssen, a former Senior Economic Advisor of the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Resources of Oman, is President of International Energy Associates; Dr Morton, a former Director for Near East and South Asian Affairs at the US National Security Council, is an energy and foreign policy consultant in Washington, DC.

History Of US Sanctions Against Iran

Carter Administration

US unilateral sanctions against Iran began almost a quarter of a century ago after the take-over of the US embassy in Tehran (November 1979). President Carter responded immediately by issuing Proclamation 4702, imposing a ban on the importation into the US of Iranian oil. Ten days later, he issued Executive Order 12170, which blocked all property within US jurisdiction owned by the Central Bank and Government of Iran. In April 1980, President Carter issued Executive Order 12205, instituting an embargo on US exports to Iran (including restrictions on financial transactions) and Executive Order 12211, imposing a ban on all imports from Iran and prohibiting US citizens from traveling to Iran or conducting financial transactions there.

Once the US hostages were released, the US revoked the previous executive orders, with the exception of the order blocking Iranian Government property within US jurisdiction, and committed the US not to intervene in Iran’s internal affairs.

Continued at link.

Last edited:
It's not like we don't have lots of them. It will hardly be missed.

Pentagon.jpg

Forum List

Back