Adding Quote From Anothers Post In Same Subject

Merlin

Jul 5, 2004
Ponchatoula, La.
I've been trying to figure out how all of you put a quote from another post in with your post and haven't got it yet. Its the quote that is dark colored that one is responding to or answering about. Any tips? Thanks.

Merlin said:
I've been trying to figure out how all of you put a quote from another post in with your post and haven't got it yet. Its the quote that is dark colored that one is responding to or answering about. Any tips? Thanks.
Hit the "quote" button at the bottom of the post you're wanting to quote.

UsaPride said:
Hit the "quote" button at the bottom of the post you're wanting to quote.

how do you pick just a selected line or portion of the post to quote.....or respond to?

sagegirl said:
how do you pick just a selected line or portion of the post to quote.....or respond to?
You still hit quote, then you highlight and delete what you don't want quoted.
If you want to quote and respond to different things, hit quote. At the end of the sentence that you want in that quote you type [/quote] Then at the beginning of the next thing you want quoted type
but don't forget to end it or it won't work.
Okay, I hope I explained this right, LOL! I know what I mean to say it's just hard explaining it.
Try it, if it don't work, let me know and I'll try to explain it better. :D

sagegirl said:

You would need to select and delete the lines that you do not want in the quote.

(quote=sagegirl)pick just a selected line(/quote)

Imagine the above line with [] instead of ().

You can also just use (quote) Then copy paste here the lines you want (/quote)

Again use [] instead of ().

If you want the quote to say it was from boobhead bob you would use:

(quote=boobhead bob) quote something here (/quote)

UsaPride said:
Okay, that was so much better, LOL!!! :D

Was it? I didn't realize you were already responding. I was always taught never to interrupt a lovely lady when she is speaking, I never would have presumed to post over yours!

Okay, I hope I explained this right, LOL! I know what I mean to say it's just hard explaining it. [/quote]

I think you did a great job explaining it.....so I tried.....thanks for help

after posting this I noticed that its all is in the same box how do you "box in " the quote and thus have your response seperate from the quoted material

Forum List

Back