Addicted to stimulus: $50,000,000,000 more

I heard this on the news today.They are repackaging it, and marketing it as infrastructure building and improvements.

More money funneled to contributors to the Democratic party, IOW?

Wasn't the improvement of infrastructure,and shovel ready jobs supposed to have been part of the original
stimulus plan?

What we are meant to believe is that 862 Billion was just not enough, and another 50 Billion is going to make us see real results this time.

This is the Definition of Insanity.

Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

Wasn't the improvement of infrastructure,and shovel ready jobs supposed to have been part of the original
stimulus plan?

Exactly. Most of that first "traunch" was never even disbursed, and the billions lent to the banks to keep them solvent was repaid. So what happened to that first $797-billion?

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wheres the fucking stimulus money? why the fuck do you think you need $50b more?

"In July 2010, the Council of Economic Advisers estimated that the stimulus had "saved or created between 2.5 and 3.6 million jobs as of the second quarter of 2010."[82] At that point, spending outlays under the stimulus totaled $257 billion and tax cuts totaled $223 billion."

Last edited:
Why is it that their concept of a do over always means a do more spending?

There are parts of me, that if stimulated, make me happy. Sounds like Owe Bama is looking for something to stimulate. He should stimulate himself then he could be happy too.

at least they didn't go for another 870 billion do over. But let's be realistic here...another 50 billion isn't going to bankrupt us...that's already happened. they might as well keep going.

That's the kind of mentality upon which they are counting - we're so far in debt that maxing out another credit card won't make any difference and we can forestall the "lifestyle changes" of being broke for another month or two.

Obama assails GOP, promotes new jobs program

MILWAUKEE – A combative President Barack Obama rolled out a long-term jobs program Monday that would exceed $50 billion to rebuild roads, railways and runways, and coupled it with a blunt campaign-season assault on Republicans for causing Americans' hard economic times.

GOP leaders instantly assailed Obama's proposal as an ineffective one that would simply raise already excessive federal spending. Many congressional Democrats are also likely to be reluctant to boost expenditures and increase federal deficits just weeks before elections that will determine control of Congress.

Administration officials said the transportation plan's initial $50 billion would be the beginning of a six-year program of transportation improvements, but they did not give an overall figure. The proposal has a longer-range focus than last year's economic stimulus bill, which was more targeted on immediate job creation.

The plan calls for rebuilding 150,000 miles of roads; building and maintaining 4,000 miles of rail lines and 150 miles of airport runways, and installing a new air navigation system to reduce travel times and delays.

Obama also called for a permanent funding mechanism, an infrastructure bank, to focus on paying for national and regional infrastructure projects. Officials provided few details of how the bank would work.

Obama assails GOP, promotes new jobs program - Yahoo! News

He works so hard to blame the Republicans, I guess assuming that people aren't smart enough to realize that this administration didn't actually need the GOP to pass anything. Obama is beyond a whiner.

wheres the fucking stimulus money? why the fuck do you think you need $50b more?
I think it's supposed to help Democrats with their reelection chances. "Look at us! We're helping you out to the tune of 50 Billion Dollars!".

Yeah I know, there's not enough time to turn the economy around by November. The dems are seriously fcuked. Well, they had two years (four if you count Congress) and it didn't work, time to move on.

at least they didn't go for another 870 billion do over. But let's be realistic here...another 50 billion isn't going to bankrupt us...that's already happened. they might as well keep going.

they are pulling tax breaks from oil and gas companies for the money...its a sham. they won't get the tax revenue and petroleum products will get more expensive...law of unintended consequences, democrats never heard of it, that, is the problem.

They started with $800-billion, spent at most $400b (after the banks re-paid their loans) and now the GOP (on FXN) said that they didn'r spend $275b, okay, use the GOP number, the dems still have $275b so why the fuck do they want another $50b????? Hell NO!! Get fucked, go home and listen to the voters at the town halls. Fix SS & Medicare before wasting more "stimulus".

This new package WILL NOT add to the deficit!
Oh really? What's Barack gonna do ... pull the funds out of his ass?
If we have this money sitting around, why isn't it going to pay off some of our deficit? Why spend more of our tax-payer dollars on another economic band-aid?

Because he's trying to make the republicans look bad in November.
If he proposes this, the right will say NO and then he can use that 'THEY SAID NO' against them. Problem is, I don't think many people are buying Barack's bullshit anymore.

Forum List

Back