ADD in adults...

Wolfe said:
What do adults with attention deficit disorder take for this condition? I know its ritalin for kids with the disorder.

i have been diagnosed with ADD but i refuse to take meds. i just ajust my thinking and give myself more time to complete things, and my supervisor knows about my condition as well, so she is good about letting me take more time to catch on with certain things. Once i do catch on, i am right up there with everyone else and then some.

my hubby is VERY patient with me as well because the only 2 issues i have is sticking to one thing until its done, like cleaning the house. i will have 3 or 4 things going on at once. i will be in the middle of vacuuming and will see a dirty glass or sippy cup, go put it in the sink, and start loading the dishwasher, even though i didn't finish vacuuming.

Mr. P said:
There is no such thing as ADD..:dev3:
I have to agree with Mr. P. I don't have any links at this time, but there have been study after study that says there is no such thing as ADD. After strict disciplinary measures stopped with kids, and the schools stopped spanking, they felt compelled to come up with a name for their actions. I'm not trying to lessen the fact that there are things that go on in a persons brain that we don't understand, but it's not ADD. My 8 year stepson was diagnosed with ADD and was on Ritalin when I got him. I took him off that and told him that "I have your medicine around my waist". After the first few whippings, he settled down and made good grades. He is now a high voltage lineman with the electric company and I am very proud of him.

Forum List

Back