Add 20% to your lifespan with...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Reminds me of the thing about quitting smoking lengthens your lifespan, "You don't live longer, it just feels longer." :)

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-12-cream-ingredient-mimic-life-extending-effects.html

"

A commonly used skin care ingredient is one of several newly identified compounds that can mimic the life-extending effect of a starvation diet, new University of Liverpool research has revealed.

Calorie restriction, a reduction in calorie intake without malnutrition, has been found to slow down the ageing process in several animal models from worms to mammals, and developing drugs that can reproduce this effect, without the side effects, could have widespread human applications.

Now, using complex genetic data analysis and testing, scientists have shown for the first time that allantoin, which is found in botanical extracts of the comfrey plant and is an ingredient of many anti-ageing creams, can mimic the effect of calorie restriction and increase lifespan in worms by more than 20%.

Dr João Pedro de Magalhães, from the University's Institute of Integrative Biology, who led the study said: "Calorie restriction has been shown to have health benefits in humans and, while more work is necessary, our findings could potentially result in human therapies for age-related diseases.""

I see. So my tapeworms out live me! LOL. I do think that we need to extend the working lifespans of humans. You just cannot learn all one needs to know in the years we have at present.

Forum List

Back