Adam Sandler's dog died

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Jim, I know you're a Sandler fan, thought you might want to hear about this. You could tell how much he loved the dog, I feel bad for the guy, he did an MTV Diary and he took the dog EVERYWHERE with him, work, the basketball courts. I think Sandler had some stuff on his website with him. I heard bulldogs are illness-prone, but still, 4 yrs old is young, right?

Adam Sandler's Beloved Bulldog Dies

Adam Sandler's beloved English bulldog, Meatball, who served as a ring bearer at the comedian's wedding, has gone on to that big doghouse in the sky.

Meatball died of a heart attack Jan. 27 at age 4, Us Weekly reported in its Feb 6 issue.

The bulldog wore a yarmulke and a tuxedo to walk down the aisle at Sandler's June 2003 wedding to Jackie Titone. He's also featured in a short film on the "Eight Crazy Nights" DVD, and has his own photo and video section on Sandler's Web site.

Meatball's father was Mr. Beefy, the talking pooch who co-starred in Sandler's 2000 comedy "Little Nicky." The 37-year-old comedian also has a bulldog puppy, Matzoball, who was a wedding gift from Titone.

Sandler's publicist confirmed Thursday that Meatball had died, but no details were provided.

That sucks. I feel bad for Adam.

The typical lifespan of a pure breed Bulldog is approximately 5-7 years. That's the main reason I went with the Pug. I'm not going to pay $2000 for a dog that'll die in 5 years after I get attached to him. The life expectancy of a Pug is 15-20 years.

move to the South James it will only cost aroun 5 hundred unless ya want show quailty... I will have to get some pics of mine & post them...hell I hope he dont croak by 5 he is preety cool!!!
Jeff

he blew that jeff, he could have had one for FREE!!!!!!!!! and it is a BEAUTY!

Chuck - a friend of mine bought a Ridgeback from a breeder I think it was last year - beautiful animal! I know she paid like 2 grand for him - if interested I will get the breeder's name.

Mutts are better dogs anyway.

And getting a rescue animal from the pound is a nice thing to do.

This is true ww, that's exactly what I did! he's 10 now and acts like a puppy still.

Jackass right off hand I cant think of any ,but I have a friend that is a breeder of all types if he doesnt have that breed he will be able to give me a name of another breeder. I will look into it this weekend
Jeff

Jeff..thanks but really dont bother. We are moving to an apt. that doesnt allow pets :(

Forum List

Back