Actually, we are #1

What happens when a poor person has cancer? The same thing that happens when a middle-class person has cancer. I'm very sorry you're so unaware of the health care structure already in place in this country to take care of the poor and indigent. Perhaps if all you bleeding-heart do-gooders sobbing and wringing your hands in your nice houses over leftists claims that the poor are dying in the gutters in droves actually went out and became acquainted with some of them, you might have a clearer picture of what's REALLY going on in America.

This is a serious question and you still have not answered the question. You have instead chosen to engage in ad hominem attacks. So I will ask again, what happens to a poor person when they need treatment for cancer?

See, I'm a middle class person and I pay for insurance, plus I have more insurance which allows me to travel by helicopter to the MD Anderson clinic if need be. Are you saying that poor people can travel by helicopter to the MD Anderson clinic too? If I get cancer, I can get treatment and my insurer will pay for it. How does a poor person get treated for cancer if they have no insurance? Its not the same as me, a middle class person.

Do you have any evidence to back up that the average homeless person gets treated faster than a Canadian or a Brit?

In Canada, you get treated now if you have a serious problem. Most of the problems in Canada are for delays in discretionary and non-life threatening treatments.

What happens when a poor person has cancer? How does he get treated? Does he get chemo treatment? I've asked this question a number of times but no one has answered.

What happens when a poor person has cancer? The same thing that happens when a middle-class person has cancer. I'm very sorry you're so unaware of the health care structure already in place in this country to take care of the poor and indigent. Perhaps if all you bleeding-heart do-gooders sobbing and wringing your hands in your nice houses over leftists claims that the poor are dying in the gutters in droves actually went out and became acquainted with some of them, you might have a clearer picture of what's REALLY going on in America.

The working poor do not necessarily qualify for Medicaid. When one of them gets cancer, he very often dies just like many middle class persons would.

My friend's mother in law is dying of cancer. She does not have insurance and does not qualify for Medicaid, so she has been paying out of pocket. She has spent well over $60k for chemo treatment, and has another treatment coming up, and the cost is $20k-$30k. It will probably be her last treatment as they don't expect her to live much longer, but she cannot afford another treatment. I asked my friend what would happen if she continues to live and needs another treatment. He said he had no idea.

Last edited:

This is a serious question and you still have not answered the question. You have instead chosen to engage in ad hominem attacks. So I will ask again, what happens to a poor person when they need treatment for cancer?

It's only "ad hominem" when it is intended to divert attention from the question, rather than being in conjunction with the answer. You can ask again as many times as you like, but I will only answer once, which I've done. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I didn't give it.

See, I'm a middle class person and I pay for insurance, plus I have more insurance which allows me to travel by helicopter to the MD Anderson clinic if need be. Are you saying that poor people can travel by helicopter to the MD Anderson clinic too? If I get cancer, I can get treatment and my insurer will pay for it. How does a poor person get treated for cancer if they have no insurance? Its not the same as me, a middle class person.

Oh, okay. So if they're not going to THAT EXACT CLINIC, that must mean they're getting no treatment at all and just being put out by the dumpster to be picked up with the trash?

If you don't know how people get medical treatment without having health insurance through an employer, that isn't my problem. That's YOUR problem for not bothering to research the question beyond DNC talking points. It isn't as though multiple people, including me, haven't brought up the answers many times on this message board before. As I said, maybe you should get past sitting in your living room, wringing your hands because the media told you that poor people are lying in the gutters dying and actually go associate with some poor people once in a while.

Oh, okay. So if they're not going to THAT EXACT CLINIC, that must mean they're getting no treatment at all and just being put out by the dumpster to be picked up with the trash?

So, you mean they can get transported by helicopter to any other clinic?

If you don't know how people get medical treatment without having health insurance through an employer, that isn't my problem. That's YOUR problem for not bothering to research the question beyond DNC talking points. It isn't as though multiple people, including me, haven't brought up the answers many times on this message board before. As I said, maybe you should get past sitting in your living room, wringing your hands because the media told you that poor people are lying in the gutters dying and actually go associate with some poor people once in a while.

I don't think you know since you aren't answering the question and instead are resorting to political diversions.

If you know the answer, please feel free to post it.

Last edited:
I'm not making-up numbers.

One out of three Americans under 65 were without health insurance at some point during 2007 and 2008, according to a report released Wednesday.

Study: 86.7 million Americans uninsured over last two years

Glad to know you and CNN can both parrot numbers blindly. Unfortunately, neither of you constitutes a reliable source, and I'm not even going to dignify the idea that CNN's source is reliable and unbiased with a comment.

And by the way, this is the first time you mentioned any numbers, made up or otherwise. In addition, this tells me exactly two things about your claim that "many people can't get insurance OR Medicaid": jack and shit.

Strike two.

No matter what numbers we post, those like you will not accept them.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

The working poor do not necessarily qualify for Medicaid. When one of them gets cancer, he very often dies just like many middle class persons would.

My friend's mother in law is dying of cancer. She does not have insurance and does not qualify for Medicaid, so she has been paying out of pocket. She has spent well over $60k for chemo treatment, and has another treatment coming up, and the cost is $20k-$30k. It will probably be her last treatment as they don't expect her to live much longer, but she cannot afford another treatment. I asked my friend what would happen if she continues to live and needs another treatment. He said he had no idea.

This list of resources took me less than two minutes on the Internet to find, and that's only because my computer is running dirt-slow right now. Imagine what I could have found out if I'd really been motivated, like you and your idiot friend.

Cancer Treatment with No Insurance | No Insurance and Cancer Treatment

I guess the whole "sit on your ass, crying because someone isn't taking care of business for you" syndrome is endemic of everyone in your circle of acquaintance, not just you.

Now get busy on this and stop sniveling.

So, you mean they can get transported by helicopter to any other clinic?

I wasn't aware that helicopter rides were a standard, necessary treatment for cancer. Most people where I live just go by car.

I don't think you know since you aren't answering the question and instead are resorting to political diversions.

If you know the answer, please feel free to post it.

Been there, posted that, not in the business of repeating myself ad nauseam because lazy dumbfucks like you can't be bothered to go find it. If you put as much energy into helping your friend find help as you do into blankly asking the same obtuse questions over and over on this message board, he and his mother wouldn't be broke right now.

I'm not making-up numbers.

Glad to know you and CNN can both parrot numbers blindly. Unfortunately, neither of you constitutes a reliable source, and I'm not even going to dignify the idea that CNN's source is reliable and unbiased with a comment.

And by the way, this is the first time you mentioned any numbers, made up or otherwise. In addition, this tells me exactly two things about your claim that "many people can't get insurance OR Medicaid": jack and shit.

Strike two.

Why don't you try POSTING some fucking numbers, instead of just asserting that "many people" have such-and-so happen, and see if I accept them?

There are none so stupid as those who are too lazy to think.

Been there, posted that, not in the business of repeating myself ad nauseam because lazy dumbfucks like you can't be bothered to go find it. If you put as much energy into helping your friend find help as you do into blankly asking the same obtuse questions over and over on this message board, he and his mother wouldn't be broke right now.

You're so full of bullshit, and an asshole to boot. You don't know.

And he isn't broke.

And he isn't broke.

I note with interest that you didn't bother to comment on the quite valuable assistance I provided you concerning getting cancer treatment without health insurance, assistance you could have found for him yourself if you weren't so busy whining about how the rest of us all need to become wards of the state to take up the slack for people without the gumption to help themselves.

You're welcome anyway.

And he isn't broke.

I note with interest that you didn't bother to comment on the quite valuable assistance I provided you concerning getting cancer treatment without health insurance, assistance you could have found for him yourself if you weren't so busy whining about how the rest of us all need to become wards of the state to take up the slack for people without the gumption to help themselves.

You're welcome anyway.

Much appreciated.

I wasn't researching for my friend. His mother in law is almost certainly going to die, but he is more than capable if he needs to find resources if she survives.

As for your cognitive abilities, all I did was ask a question. It was you that acted like a petulant child, stomping his feet and making accusations. It is you who is warped in ideology such that you see simple questions as inferred attacks. How sad.

And having read your link, that is not the same care as someone from the middle class. Sorry.

Last edited:
+
Where U.S. Health Care Ranks Number One
Isn't 'responsiveness' what medicine is all about?

Last August the cover of Time pictured President Obama in white coat and stethoscope. The story opened: "The U.S. spends more to get less [health care] than just about every other industrialized country." This trope has dominated media coverage of health-care reform. Yet a majority of Americans opposes Congress's health-care bills. Why?

The comparative ranking system that most critics cite comes from the U.N.'s World Health Organization (WHO). The ranking most often quoted is Overall Performance, where the U.S. is rated No. 37. The Overall Performance Index, however, is adjusted to reflect how well WHO officials believe that a country could have done in relation to its resources.[/B]

The scale is heavily subjective: The WHO believes that we could have done better because we do not have universal coverage. What apparently does not matter is that our population has universal access because most physicians treat indigent patients without charge and accept Medicare and Medicaid payments, which do not even cover overhead expenses. The WHO does rank the U.S. No. 1 of 191 countries for "responsiveness to the needs and choices of the individual patient." Isn't responsiveness what health care is all about?

Full article here:

Mark B. Constantian: Where U.S. Health Care Ranks Number One - WSJ.com

Strike two.

Why don't you try POSTING some fucking numbers, instead of just asserting that "many people" have such-and-so happen, and see if I accept them?

There are none so stupid as those who are too lazy to think.

You should try it sometime. We wouldn't think you so stupid. You're nothing but rants, soundbites and talking points.

You can't argue with Joe Squeal

He truly believe the government should do everything for people whether they need it or not.

He truly believe the government should do everything for people whether they need it or not.

"The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves–in their separate, and individual capacities.

-- Abraham Lincoln

I'm with Abe.

"The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves–in their separate, and individual capacities.

-- Abraham Lincoln

I'm with Abe.

but what about those who don't need the government to do everything for them?

they're just stuck holding the bag and paying the way for all you losers.

It seems to me, Joe, that you truly believe the vast majority of Americans are mentally retarded.

Mental retardation is a developmental disability that first appears in children under the age of 18. It is defined as an intellectual functioning level (as measured by standard tests for intelligence quotient) that is well below average and significant limitations in daily living skills (adaptive functioning).

I hate to disappoint you but the vast majority of people are perfectly capable of functioning on their own with no government assistance.

But people being people will let others do for them if they have the opportunity to do so.

The more responsibility you take away from people, the more irresponsible they become.

Last edited:
Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.
Car Accident Statistics, Stats, Auto, Fatal, Drunk Driving

The UCR Program’s homicide data for 2004 showed that for the first time in 4 years, the estimated number of murders in the United States decreased. An estimated 16,137 persons were murdered nationwide, a decline of 2.4 percent from the 2003 figure. An analysis of 5- and 10-year trend data showed that the 2004 estimate increased 3.5 percent from the 2000 estimate, but decreased 25.3 percent from the estimated number of murders a decade ago (1995).
Murder - Crime in the United States 2004

I often hear about the healthcare statistics and how bad the healthcare is in this nation, but it would seem to me when you factor out such things as the two things I mentioned above , our healthcare system stacks up rather well.

-- Abraham Lincoln

I'm with Abe.

It seems to me, Joe, that you truly believe the vast majority of Americans are mentally retarded.

Mental retardation is a developmental disability that first appears in children under the age of 18. It is defined as an intellectual functioning level (as measured by standard tests for intelligence quotient) that is well below average and significant limitations in daily living skills (adaptive functioning).

I hate to disappoint you but the vast majority of people are perfectly capable of functioning on their own with no government assistance.

But people being people will let others do for them if they have the opportunity to do so.

The more responsibility you take away from people, the more irresponsible they become.

The truth is something other than you imagine it to be. Most are not masters of their own fates. They are subject to circumstance. Government allows them to have a measure of control. Indeed, it is the device they have created to ensure their control over the things they cannont control individually.

We're doing a piss poor job of delivering HC to our population.

Any attmpt to spin that dismal fact into anything else is just so much ignorant blather.

-- Abraham Lincoln

I'm with Abe.

The truth is something other than you imagine it to be. Most are not masters of their own fates. They are subject to circumstance. Government allows them to have a measure of control. Indeed, it is the device they have created to ensure their control over the things they cannont control individually.

And just what in a person's life can they not control individually, short of violent crime and natural disasters that is?

Can you not control your choices when it comes to money?
Can you not educate yourself? The last time I looked, libraries were still free.
Can you not control what you spend?
What you eat?
What you earn?

etc etc etc

There is really nothing one cannot be prepared for.

Face it, you believe people should not be responsible for themselves that people should not be made to make it on their own.

And you probably believe this because you cannot make it on your own.

New Topics

Forum List

Back