Actual quotes by Martin Luther King on Zionism

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
Talk:Martin Luther King, Jr. - Wikiquote

Among the quotes confirmed to be by Martin Luther King, Jr., on the persecutions of the Jewish people and support for the State of Israel and Zionism are the following:

"I cannot stand idly by, even though I happen to live in the United States and even though I happen to be an American Negro and not be concerned about what happens to the Jews in Soviet Russia. For what happens to them happens to me and you, and we must be concerned."

"Israel's right to exist as a state in security is uncontestable."

"Peace for Israel means security, and we must stand with all our might to protect its right to exist, its territorial integrity. I see Israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for Israel means security and that security must be a reality."

"I solemnly pledge to do my utmost to uphold the fair name of the Jews -- because bigotry in any form is an affront to us all."

"When people criticize Zionists they mean Jews, you are talking anti-Semitism."
:clap2::clap2::clap2::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Among the quotes confirmed to be by Martin Luther King, Jr., on the persecutions of the Jewish people and support for the State of Israel and Zionism are the following:

"I cannot stand idly by, even though I happen to live in the United States and even though I happen to be an American Negro and not be concerned about what happens to the Jews in Soviet Russia. For what happens to them happens to me and you, and we must be concerned."

"Peace for Israel means security, and we must stand with all our might to protect its right to exist, its territorial integrity. I see Israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for Israel means security and that security must be a reality."

"I solemnly pledge to do my utmost to uphold the fair name of the Jews -- because bigotry in any form is an affront to us all."

No wonder he was shot. :D

c'mon. sure, roudy is a colossal ass, but we don't need that. dr. king was a great man who fought for civil rights in this country. just because roudy is willing to tarnish his legacy is no reason for others to join in or joke about it.

Last edited:

you might want to be aware that some people actually click on the links and this essentially is another instance of your duplicitous character.

Seriously Ima you can go fuck yourself for this disgusting comment.:mad:

talk:martin luther king, jr. - wikiquote

among the quotes confirmed to be by martin luther king, jr., on the persecutions of the jewish people and support for the state of israel and zionism are the following:

"i cannot stand idly by, even though i happen to live in the united states and even though i happen to be an american negro and not be concerned about what happens to the jews in soviet russia. For what happens to them happens to me and you, and we must be concerned."

"israel's right to exist as a state in security is uncontestable."

"peace for israel means security, and we must stand with all our might to protect its right to exist, its territorial integrity. I see israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for israel means security and that security must be a reality."

"i solemnly pledge to do my utmost to uphold the fair name of the jews -- because bigotry in any form is an affront to us all."

"when people criticize zionists they mean jews, you are talking anti-semitism."

no wonder he was shot. :d

seriously ima you can go fuck yourself for this disgusting comment.:mad:

:rofl:
:lmao:
:lol:

This quote on Zionism has been widely exposed as a hoax; even the pro-Israel group CAMERA admits that this is "apparently" a hoax. No such quote can be turned up in MLK's collected works at the center in Atlanta
While that letter has been disputed it has NOT been disproven, specifically who else would write such a letter but Dr. King, and his son agrees that the views are consistent with Dr. King's feelings about Zionism. but here are some quotes by Dr King that are not disputed fro that same website:

you might want to be aware that some people actually click on the links and this essentially is another instance of your duplicitous character.
Fuck off you Jew hating cockhole. Those quotes are valid quotes from Dr. King, they are what he said and felt about Israel. If you don't like it you can shove it up your Mohammad.

This quote on Zionism has been widely exposed as a hoax; even the pro-Israel group CAMERA admits that this is "apparently" a hoax. No such quote can be turned up in MLK's collected works at the center in Atlanta
Let the truth shine!

Letter to an Anti-Zionist Friend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The letter may have been based on a statement attributed to King at a dinner event in Cambridge, Massachusetts.[2] According to Seymour Martin Lipset, an African American student made a statement sharply critical of Zionists at a dinner that Lipset recalled as having taken place in 1968, and King replied: "Don't talk like that. When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You're talking anti-Semitism."[3]:clap2::clap2::clap2::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Let the truth shine!

The letter may have been based on a statement attributed to King at a dinner event in Cambridge, Massachusetts.[2] According to Seymour Martin Lipset, an African American student made a statement sharply critical of Zionists at a dinner that Lipset recalled as having taken place in 1968, and King replied: "Don't talk like that. When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You're talking anti-Semitism."[3]:clap2::clap2::clap2::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

that may well have been the case in dr. king's world in 1968, but do you actually believe he would call people like nelson mandela, desmond tutu, mairead corrigan, kofi annan, jimmy carter, and so many good people who are carrying on dr. king's work today...do you actually think he would call them anti-semites?

you are abusing the memory and the legacy of a great civil rights leader and a great american in order to justify maligning those who so righteously object to and protest the human rights abuses and war crimes that israel condones or commits.

oh, and also, that little "good cop, bad cop" thing you got going on with marg really isn't foolin' anyone.

Last edited:

i pretty sure almost everybody knows that. i don't think we should let roudy's continued in prolonged rantings interfere with our pleasure of sitting back and laughing at his providing links that prove he is wrong.

i particularly like his current tack of claiming that people can't prove it false. hey, roudy...ariel sharon woke up from his comatose state for a brief moment today and uttered that you were a dumfug and about the worst representative of judaism and zionism that ever existed...and he mentioned you were killing him.

oh...you can't prove he didn't say that...duh.

Let the truth shine!

that may well have been the case in dr. king's world in 1968, but do you actually believe he would call people like nelson mandela, desmond tutu, mairead corrigan, kofi annan, jimmy carter, and so many good people who are carrying on dr. king's work today...do you actually think he would call them anti-semites?

you are abusing the memory and the legacy of a great civil rights leader and a great american in order to justify maligning those who so righteously object to and protest the human rights abuses and war crimes that israel condones or commits.

oh, and also, that little "good cop, bad cop" nthing you got going on with maaarg really isn't foolin' anyone.
By 1968, Israel had fought and won the 1948 war of independence and the won 1967 war that gave it control of Gaza, West Bank, and Jerusalem. You know, the events which have generated bullshit lies and comments like "stolen land" or "occupatied territories" etc from scumbag anti Semites like yourself. So Dr. King made these comments being well aware what had gone down between Israel and the Arabs from 1948 to 1968, and still totally sided with Israel and the Jews.

It's not my problem an anti Semetic dirtbag like you wants Dr. Kings views on Israel to match his. IT DOESN'T. He was a Zionist, and would still be 150% even more Zionist today.

If anybody is "abusing" his memory, it's Jew hating assholes like you.

i pretty sure almost everybody knows that. i don't think we should let roudy's continued in prolonged rantings interfere with our pleasure of sitting back and laughing at his providing links that prove he is wrong.

i particularly like his current tack of claiming that people can't prove it false. hey, roudy...ariel sharon woke up from his comatose state for a brief moment today and uttered that you were a dumfug and about the worst representative of judaism and zionism that ever existed...and he mentioned you were killing him.

oh...you can't prove he didn't say that...duh.
Ah but I didn't use quotes in that letter. There are plenty of other quotes from Dr King to prove that he was a Zionist.

And that letter has not been disproven. In fact it is consistent with his views and other quotes.

Let the truth shine!

oh, and also, that little "good cop, bad cop" nthing you got going on with maaarg really isn't foolin' anyone.
By 1968, Israel had fought and won the 1948 war of independence and the won 1967 war that gave it control of Gaza, West Bank, and Jerusalem. You know, the events which have generated bullshit lies and comments like "stolen land" or "occupatied territories" etc from scumbag anti Semites like yourself. So Dr. King made these comments being well aware what had gone down between Israel and the Arabs from 1948 to 1968, and still totally sided with Israel and the Jews.

It's not my problem an anti Semetic dirtbag like you wants Dr. Kings views on Israel to match his. IT DOESN'T. He was a Zionist, and would still be 150% even more Zionist today.

If anybody is "abusing" his memory, it's Jew hating assholes like you.

i wouldn't expect martin luther king jr.'s views to match mine at all, but i think, given his the overall body of his work throughout his life, that he would be far more closely aligned with my views than he would with yours.

i think we would be very close on the ends certainly, with some minor differences to what constitutes justice, but we would differ on the means, for sure. i am not a pacifist.

i think the good reverend appreciated the fact that when he spoke and people looked at him, they saw a very angry malcolm x on his side of the issue and looming over his shoulder. i also think dr king had a broader appeal than malcolm but malcolm represented the black community's views more than dr. king.

maybe i will post some of malcolm x's quotes on the issue.

i am not abusing his memory, you are. i am acknowledging that he was a man of peace who believed in civil and human rights and i believe he would be true to those vaalues today. you are in a rage and suggesting that those who speak out against the conduct of the war in lebanon, the war crimes committed by israelis in cast lead, the treatment off palestinians of the west bank and gaza are anti-semites and that dr. king, based upon an alleged letter written in 1968, would agree with your assessment.

i think that if dr. king were alive today, you and people like you would be calling him an anti-semite for his actions in trying to bring a solution and a peace to the reason.

i know many, many people who adamantly and vigorously and unquestionably supported the israelis and israel in 1968. they come to me today and say "you were right. i should have listened to you."

Forum List

Back