Actor Jussie Smollett assaulted in racist, homophobic attack, police say, rumor that he shouted MAGA

I was with him until i read this...

"One of the offenders wrapped a rope around the victim's neck."

I very much doubt that happened.
here's the scenario -

2am
-17* outside
they somehow know this guy will be walking by at this time cause he's targeted
ensure you wear a MAGA hat so you can be branded

to dig deeper you'd have to know why he was out and about at 2am in -17 degree weather and if this was common for him so others would even KNOW to target him at this place and time.

i'm gonna wait for more to come out before i go too nuts on this one.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: I'm going to say by the end of today, the Chicago Police are going to come out and say this was a hoax. The beginnings of this are already in an article I read that said they looked at security footage and couldn't find any trace of this "crime" happening. Also, this happened and the victim went immediately to a friend's apartment. When the police arrived there, the victim still had the rope around his neck. Really?

I could be wrong and it surely wouldn't be the first time, but this seems REALLY "hoax-y" to me. And if I'm right, I want EVERYONE who has jumped on the "MAGA supporters" bandwagon to really contemplate why it's so easy and feels so good to hate on Trump supporters for your Two Minute Hate.

THAT is what you should reflect on.
everything i've read says he went to the hospital after the attack. link for a story to a friends apartment?

I'm going to make a bold prediction: I'm going to say by the end of today, the Chicago Police are going to come out and say this was a hoax. The beginnings of this are already in an article I read that said they looked at security footage and couldn't find any trace of this "crime" happening. Also, this happened and the victim went immediately to a friend's apartment. When the police arrived there, the victim still had the rope around his neck. Really?

I could be wrong and it surely wouldn't be the first time, but this seems REALLY "hoax-y" to me. And if I'm right, I want EVERYONE who has jumped on the "MAGA supporters" bandwagon to really contemplate why it's so easy and feels so good to hate on Trump supporters for your Two Minute Hate.

everything i've read says he went to the hospital after the attack. link for a story to a friends apartment?

From the NYT:

The Chicago Sun-Times, citing a police spokesman, said that Smollett went to an apartment after the attack, and his manager called the police. When officers arrived, a “thin, light rope” was still around Smollett’s neck, said the spokesman.

Officers suggested Smollett go to the hospital for lacerations on his face and neck. His manager took him there, and he was later released.

Jussie Smollett, Star of ‘Empire,’ Attacked in What Police Call a Possible Hate Crime

Seems a little fishy, doesn't it?

here's the scenario -

2am
-17* outside

to dig deeper you'd have to know why he was out and about at 2am in -17 degree weather and if this was common for him so others would even KNOW to target him at this place and time.

My take is: it COULD happen that some MAGA supporters were walking around in -17 weather with bleach (?) and a noose, but it's not darn likely. Right now, I put the odds for my part at something like 90% chance this is a hoax, 10% this really happened as reported.

This guy has as his Twitter bio, "I'm here to save the world". People that egotistical are generally the very folks who think they can make stuff up and even fool the police. Believe it.

From the NYT:

The Chicago Sun-Times, citing a police spokesman, said that Smollett went to an apartment after the attack, and his manager called the police. When officers arrived, a “thin, light rope” was still around Smollett’s neck, said the spokesman.

Officers suggested Smollett go to the hospital for lacerations on his face and neck. His manager took him there, and he was later released.

Jussie Smollett, Star of ‘Empire,’ Attacked in What Police Call a Possible Hate Crime

2 men in MAGA hats, a noose, bleach in -17* weather happening to run into a gay tv actor at 2am?

nah. happens all the time.

anyway - thank you for the link. i had not seen that and wanted to research it a bit before going WOW.

now...WOW.

From the NYT:

2 men in MAGA hats, a noose, bleach in -17* weather happening to run into a gay tv actor at 2am?

anyway - thank you for the link. i had not seen that and wanted to research it a bit before going WOW.

now...WOW.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's having a little word with the Chicago Police Dept right now. And maybe not the word he expected if you know what I mean

I'm a little suspicious of this story. this sounds like an actor trying to get some attention.

Everyone here knows I'm the last person who will ever defend the MAGA brigade, but this sounds fishy.

There are going to be a LOT of people backtracking on this story if it's the hoax I think it is. I mean a LOT. Starting with Nancy Pelosi. And if I'm right, it looks really bad on the liberals---again. Because we all know, it's the liberals who love to get their 2 minute hate on.

Here's Jussie in the hospital. Look at the look in his eyes, and look at this little scratch on his cheek from this violent attack. Again. I could be wrong; this could be totally legit and if it is, you can count on me to tell you all that I was wrong, I'm sorry, and no one should be attacked for being black or homosexual. Which is true, of course.

But right now, I simply don't believe any of this. And that is vile too. Lying to the cops is also a huge crime, maybe even a felony.

0129-jussie-smollett-in-hospital-1.jpg

That is true, but in this case he probably just likes the publicity.

This alleged event happened in Chicago- where thousands of brave Americans are slaughtered in the streets every year. The gentleman should consider himself lucky- others predators out there would have just shot him dead.

When I was on another board, one of the posters was a homosexual from Chicago- disappeared from the board and presumed dead. You can't dodge bullets indefinitely.

From the NYT:

now...WOW.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's having a little word with the Chicago Police Dept right now. And maybe not the word he expected if you know what I mean
*IF* this is a lie and made up, then i hate to say it, but he should be prosecuted for it. the penalty for lying like this needs to ensure that it discourages others from doing it as well.

to date, NO video footage ANYWHERE to support his claim.

The police also issued a new statement on Tuesday that says Smollett did report that the assailants said “MAGA” during the assault, but he only told the investigators this at a second interview:

then:

The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Smollett still had a piece of rope around his neck, but it “didn’t necessarily resemble a noose”:

here's the scenario -

2am
-17* outside

My take is: it COULD happen that some MAGA supporters were walking around in -17 weather with bleach (?) and a noose, but it's not darn likely. Right now, I put the odds for my part at something like 90% chance this is a hoax, 10% this really happened as reported.

This guy has as his Twitter bio, "I'm here to save the world". People that egotistical are generally the very folks who think they can make stuff up and even fool the police. Believe it.
Yea, like Trump....

There are going to be a LOT of people backtracking on this story if it's the hoax I think it is. I mean a LOT. Starting with Nancy Pelosi. And if I'm right, it looks really bad on the liberals---again. Because we all know, it's the liberals who love to get their 2 minute hate on.

I don't think it will be a five minute story.

Here's Jussie in the hospital. Look at the look in his eyes, and look at this little scratch on his cheek from this violent attack. Again. I could be wrong; this could be totally legit and if it is, you can count on me to tell you all that I was wrong, I'm sorry, and no one should be attacked for being black or homosexual. Which is true, of course.

I'm not sure why you have a problem with that, the bible says they should be killed. Oh, but that's the old testament.

But right now, I simply don't believe any of this. And that is vile too. Lying to the cops is also a huge crime, maybe even a felony.

I think if he faked this attack, it might indicate a deeper psychological problem. Here's the thing. Actors are kind of nuts. They spend most of their working day pretending to be someone else. So if this is some kind of desperate plea for attention, he probably deserves compassion more than punishment.

My guess, if this is a fake, he'll probably be written out of the show. (I don't watch the show, so I don't know how important his character is on it.)

I'm not sure why you have a problem with that, the bible says they should be killed. Oh, but that's the old testament.

I think if he faked this attack, it might indicate a deeper psychological problem. Here's the thing. Actors are kind of nuts. They spend most of their working day pretending to be someone else. So if this is some kind of desperate plea for attention, he probably deserves compassion more than punishment.

My guess, if this is a fake, he'll probably be written out of the show. (I don't watch the show, so I don't know how important his character is on it.)

Two Minutes of Hate is from the prescient book 1984 Joe

well the story keeps changing. first of all, who would wait around for someone at 2am in -17* weather? that alone makes no sense. then he did NOT go to the hospital first, but home where his manager called the police and then it wasn't a noose but some "rope" sitting around his neck and even then - screaming MAGA COUNTRY wasn't in the first report. couple that with no video of cars or men in the area at that time - it's not adding up.

but yet, the left is claiming how terrible this country still is.

i wish people would wait for the facts to come out before finding others guilty of whatever it is they hate today.

Hello, regarding black or American citizens of African decent experiencing HATE.

Specifically, who are the haters?

THUGLIFE Public Service Announcement.jpg

dr stacey patton.jpg

Peace.

Two Minutes of Hate is from the prescient book 1984 Joe

Had nothing to do with what i just wrote, but never mind. Please have someone help you with the big words and then try again.

well the story keeps changing. first of all, who would wait around for someone at 2am in -17* weather? that alone makes no sense. then he did NOT go to the hospital first, but home where his manager called the police and then it wasn't a noose but some "rope" sitting around his neck and even then - screaming MAGA COUNTRY wasn't in the first report. couple that with no video of cars or men in the area at that time - it's not adding up.

but yet, the left is claiming how terrible this country still is.

i wish people would wait for the facts to come out before finding others guilty of whatever it is they hate today.

I wasn't aware anyone was saying how bad the country is because of this. There's a whole lot of other reason why the country is terrible right now, most of them because of the idiot you put in the White House.

Right now, it looks to me like this is an actor who is having a meltdown.

New Topics

Forum List

Back