Activists voice dismay as Senate renews government surveillance measure

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Has this hit the American MSM?

Activists voice dismay as Senate renews government surveillance measure | World news | guardian.co.uk

Civil rights campaigners voiced dismay on Friday over the US Senate's re-authorization of the government's warrantless surveillance program, and the defeat of two amendments that would have provided for basic oversight of the eavesdropping.

The Senate voted 73-23 to extend the law, called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Amendments Act, for five years. The House of Representatives has already passed the measure, which President Obama has said he will sign.

Is this the same legislation that the Democrats were screaming about for months when Bush was President?

Suddenly...........deafening silence.

Has this hit the American MSM?

Activists voice dismay as Senate renews government surveillance measure | World news | guardian.co.uk

Civil rights campaigners voiced dismay on Friday over the US Senate's re-authorization of the government's warrantless surveillance program, and the defeat of two amendments that would have provided for basic oversight of the eavesdropping.

The Senate voted 73-23 to extend the law, called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Amendments Act, for five years. The House of Representatives has already passed the measure, which President Obama has said he will sign.

Somehow it will be Bush's fault.

Let me fill in for our liberal friends.

The right didn't cry about it during Bush. (which isn't true but that does not matter)

Obama only promised to cut back on this stuff because he had an election to win and after all that is all that matters.

How else will Obama know what American to drop a predator missile on?

Well Obama signed it, I guess the left is elated.

Well Obama signed it, I guess the left is elated.

Yes, the Progressives have this insane ability to be rabidly against something (FISA under Booooooosh) and then do a 180 and be ecstatically for that SAME thing when signed by a Democrat.

Surprising they don't ALL walk around with neck problems...

Forum List

Back