Activists ‘Occupy the Super Bowl’ Over Union Busting

Why does no one ever ask - with this 'great society' bullshit - why 2 out of 5 African American families with kids under the age of 5 fall below the poverty line?

Enough of partisan bullshit, enough of meaningless protests.... ask the hard questions and demand answers from all your politicians.
And if they go with status quo? Vote their asses out. Why is it the largest complainers vote in the same politicians that have created the problems?

The protests also promise to shed light on the reality of life for working families in the city of Indianapolis. Unemployment is at 13.3 percent, with unemployment for African-American families at 21 percent.

Two of every five African-American families with a child under 5 live below the anemic poverty line. Such pain amidst the gloss of the Super Bowl and the prospect of right-to-work legislation is, for many, a catalyst to just do something.

Activists ‘Occupy the Super Bowl’ in Protest Over Indiana’s Union-Busting Bill - Uprising

I have a question. Why is the fact that unemployment is so high in Indiana the result of a bill that just passed this week? Did the businesses fire all those poor black people so they could hire whites that work for less money after they busted the unions?

I don't think they're claiming the bill caused all this. I think they're trying to bring attention on two seperate things:
1. Things are bad there. For whatever reason, I don't know. I don't live there or know much about Indy.
2. There is some new bill that they see as a threat to the Middle Class. I'm not a big fan of private sector unions (can you say Teamsters? UAW? Longshoremen?) but I assume that this new bill they hate so much, has something to do with them.

So as far as I can tell, this is not like those Repubs who claim Obama went back in time and caused the recession just before he took office - it's more like the ones that claim he made a bad situation worse and they're (understandably) not happy about it.

Forum List

Back