Active Shooter Reported Near Planned Parenthood In Colorado

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Lakhota, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Carla_Danger

Carla_Danger Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,363

Um, Michelle Malkin is a right-wing-extremist blogger. So no, I don't know who THAT LADY is on MSNBC, and have no idea of what you're blabbering about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,648
    Before the third trimester it's okay and legal eh ? What determins that legality and on what grounds ?

3. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,648
    I think it was Melissa Harris... I corrected the post, but you grabbed it while I was thinking and correcting..

4. Carla_Danger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,363

I just looked up the comment she made and she's talking about how children are our future, and how we should invest in them.

That's hardly something to get your panties in a wad over, you nitwit. Of course she is correct.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +36,621
    Melissa Harris-Perry. I know her name because she looks much like a woman I used to date. As I remember that was an appeal to the endangered role of community, something which we all have to admit has suffered in this narcissistic culture.

It also seems to derive partially from this famous rumination:

Your children are not your children.
    They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
    They come through you but not from you,
    And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
    For they have their own thoughts.
    You may house their bodies but not their souls,
    For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
    which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
    You may strive to be like them,
    but seek not to make them like you.
    For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
    as living arrows are sent forth.
    The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
    and He bends you with His might
    that His arrows may go swift and far.
    Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
    For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
    so He loves also the bow that is stable.

--- Khalil Gibran, "On Children" from The Prophet (1923)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +36,621
    More on the perp: contradictions, confusions, multiple children in and out of wedlock, episodes of weapons, rape and rage...

>> CHARLESTON, S.C. — The man she had married professed to be deeply religious. But after more than seven years with Robert L. Dear Jr., Barbara Micheau had come to see life with him as a kind of hell on earth.

By January 1993, she had had enough. In a sworn affidavit as part of her divorce case, Ms. Micheau described Mr. Dear as a serial philanderer and a problem gambler, a man who kicked her, beat her head against the floor and fathered two children with other women while they were together. He found excuses for his transgressions, she said, in his idiosyncratic views on Christian eschatology and the nature of salvation.

“He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but does not follow the Bible in his actions,” Ms. Micheau said in the court document. “He says that as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end.”

.... But in court documents and interviews with people who knew Mr. Dear well, a picture emerges of an angry and occasionally violent man who seemed deeply disturbed and deeply contradictory: He was a man of religious conviction who sinned openly, a man who craved both extreme solitude and near-constant female company, a man who successfully wooed women but, some of them say, also abused them. He frequented marijuana websites, then argued with other posters, often through heated religious screeds.

“Turn to JESUS or burn in hell,” he wrote on one site on Oct. 7, 2005. “WAKE UP SINNERS U CANT SAVE YOURSELF U WILL DIE AN WORMS SHALL EAT YOUR FLESH, NOW YOUR SOUL IS GOING SOMEWHERE.”

A number of people who knew Mr. Dear said he was a staunch abortion opponent. Ms. Micheau, 60, said in a brief interview Tuesday that late in her marriage to Mr. Dear, he told her that he had put glue in the locks of a Planned Parenthood location in Charleston.

“He was very proud of himself that he’d gone over and jammed up their locks with glue so that they couldn’t get in,” she said.

But another ex-wife, Pamela Ross, said that he did not obsess on the subject of abortion. After his arrest, Mr. Dear said “no more baby parts” to investigators, a law enforcement official said.

One person who spoke with him extensively about his religious views said Mr. Dear, who is 57, had praised people who attacked abortion providers, saying they were doing “God’s work.” In 2009, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity out of concerns for the privacy of the family, Mr. Dear described as “heroes” members of the Army of God, a loosely organized group of anti-abortion extremists that has claimed responsibility for a number of killings and bombings.

.... A close relative of Ms. Bragg’s, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of concerns about privacy for Ms. Bragg’s family, said that Mr. Dear “always kept to himself, was a tad strange,” but that he seemed to treat Ms. Bragg well. He paid for their trips to visit family in the Carolinas and would “buy the presents and such.”

The relative said Mr. Dear and Ms. Bragg were “very religious, read the Bible often and are always talking about Scripture.” He had not shown signs of being violent, the relative said.

The relative, who spoke with Ms. Bragg in recent days, also said that before the shooting, Mr. Dear reportedly “wasn’t sleeping at all,” and had “been talking about the Devil getting in his head and such.”

The relative said Ms. Bragg had been hospitalized since a week before Thanksgiving, with an infection and pancreatitis. Mr. Dear visited her every day until the day of the shooting.

“She says she can’t believe he was capable of such things, and I think that’s what’s upsetting her most,” the relative said about Ms. Bragg. “He believed he was doing God’s will, and I’m sure he probably wanted to die in the process of carrying out what I’m sure he thought was right.”

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. playtime

playtime Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,591
    True sex education classes have to have a parent's permission for their kid to attend.

8. Dana7360

Dana7360 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,165

That would be the law.

Read Roe V Wade.

It clearly states that it's illegal to terminate a pregnancy if the fetus is viable and the law says abortion can happen up to 20 weeks.

After that an abortion is illegal with a few exceptions.

They are if the life or health of the woman is in jeopardy or if there's a serious problem with the fetus such as it doesn't have a brain or other organ.

If you want to know the honest truth then go look for it. Stop relying on lies because when you do, you show all intelligent people just how stupid and lazy you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020 Educating Libs Since 1978

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,537
    Out of curiosity, can you name one left wing extremist blogger?

10. Carla_Danger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,363

I don't read blogs. I read real news. I read real news that contains no characterizations of people or incidents, because I like to form my own opinions. I don't like being told how to think or feel when reading a news article. A REAL news story only reports FACTS, without opinions, assumptions, characterizations, or emotions...that is what makes it NEWS.

Here are a couple of examples.

Left wing (Daily Kos)

Isn’t that beautiful? The Koch brothers are afraid to attack someone! The Republican bullies have finally met a bully who outmatches them. But the establishment is equally worried that if someone doesn’t attack Trump, he might win the nomination, and then …

Republican establishment wants to take down Trump, but is too afraid to try

That's a biased opinion piece.

Right wing (Breitbart)

Looks like we might have a smoking gun email proving what we’ve known for years: that CNN really is the Clinton News Network. As though watching the network isn’t proof enough of this, in order to embarrass Republican Senator
    Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)

93%

and put a positive spin on Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi troubles,
    emails Gawker claims it received through a Freedom of Information Act request, appear to show a high-profile CNN foreign affairs reporter coordinating directly with Clinton’s State Department.

Report: Emails Show CNN Reporter Coordinated with Hillary Camp to Attack GOP - Breitbart

That is a biased opinion piece.

And this is what real news looks like.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden will address Ukraine's legislature on Tuesday as part of a two-day visit to the country, a senior administration official said.

Biden will speak about U.S. opposition to Russia's annexation of Crimea and American support for Ukraine's debt restructuring agreement, the official said on Wednesday.

The official would not comment on whether the United States would pledge more military assistance to Ukraine during the trip next week.

Biden will meet with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk on Monday.

Vice President Biden to address Ukraine's legislature

See the difference?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015