Activation criteria?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I'm just a bit curious. What criteria is used here to decide whether a new account will be activated? I ask this because I recommended this board to someone that I knew from another board and their account was declined. They were told that "they were not what we are looking for." As I don't know this individual personally, I cannot vouch for them per se. However, in my previous experience, this individual has always been courteous and well informed and would add value to any political discussion forum.

I had a similar problem with people that I suggested this site too. Had to forward the issue to gunny

• Banned
I had a similar problem with people that I suggested this site too. Had to forward the issue to gunny

I'm not sure I want to take up the cause or anything. I'm just wondering what sort of things might disqualify an applicant.

Different techincal problems can arise.... or the person, perhaps chose a name that got blocked as spam.... happens.

So, it's not championing a cause, just let Gunny know the name of the person you referred.

oh f@#k are you back again...ahh man !...anyway...hi shattered how are you ?

LOL. I never go away. I just don't post as much as I did in the beginning. But I read almost everything.

No hard feelings eots, I was just poking fun. I may think you're a bit kooky and you may think I am a bit of a jerk, but it's nothing personal. At least not on my end. I respect your right to your opinions and ideas and your right to share them.

LOL. I never go away. I just don't post as much as I did in the beginning. But I read almost everything.

No hard feelings eots, I was just poking fun. I may think you're a bit kooky and you may think I am a bit of a jerk, but it's nothing personal. At least not on my end. I respect your right to your opinions and ideas and your right to share them.

ITS ALL GOOD...CHEERS !

I'm just a bit curious. What criteria is used here to decide whether a new account will be activated? I ask this because I recommended this board to someone that I knew from another board and their account was declined. They were told that "they were not what we are looking for." As I don't know this individual personally, I cannot vouch for them per se. However, in my previous experience, this individual has always been courteous and well informed and would add value to any political discussion forum.

Simple formula: I screen ID's and ISPs. If something doesn't look right, or looks like spam or spammers, they don't get in. I am not really concerned with personalities not political preferences; rather, that I don't come home from work and find every forum on the board with a sex link on it or some other such spam.

If you send me the ID of your acquaintance via PM, I will clear it. All you're "vouching for" is that this person is indeed a person who wishes to engage in debate.

Simple formula: I screen ID's and ISPs. If something doesn't look right, or looks like spam or spammers, they don't get in. I am not really concerned with personalities not political preferences; rather, that I don't come home from work and find every forum on the board with a sex link on it or some other such spam.

If you send me the ID of your acquaintance via PM, I will clear it. All you're "vouching for" is that this person is indeed a person who wishes to engage in debate.

I had trouble signing up as well. But here I am. Or am I?

Pardon my ignorance, but what can ID's and ISPs reveal that looks not right or like spam? I'm not questioning anyone's judgment, I'm really just curious about how this stuff works. Do IP addresses factor in any way?

so rav-ir is that a play on raver ? like as in xtc.. dance the night away...feelin the vibe kind ?..not that theres anything wrong with that

Family name. It means to steal or to charm. Or maybe do both at the same time.

What does your name mean?

Forum List

Back