Activated Charcoal

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Activated Charcoal: Uses and Risks

Hmmm. Never heard of this, but a friend of mine brought me over a bottle and told me to take one or two capsules (260mgs) twice a day...cuz it will detox my body of harmful things rummaging around in my intestines, gut, etc. I took one about 6 hours ago..so..I am still alive with no problems so far, lol.

Anyway..interesting reading in the link above. And, I thought I would ask if anyone else swears by it?

Here where I live now..this whole town...are naturists. Most don't go to the doctor. They use suppliments and whatnot. And there are a LOT of old people here still hanging in there. Makes ya wonder why people take RX drugs when a more simple and natural way is available.

Here where I live now..this whole town...are naturists. Most don't go to the doctor. They use suppliments and whatnot. And there are a LOT of old people here still hanging in there. Makes ya wonder why people take RX drugs when a more simple and natural way is available.

When they started running ads for prescription meds on TV that was the best thing that could have happened. With all the warnings and risks associated with prescription meds, I decided I'd find other alternatives over that stuff. I have a chronic kidney stone issue and I take hydrocodone but I am thinking of taking CBD oil to manage the pain, no long term side effect from it. Arnica is a good topical pain reliever, also turmeric is a good anti-inflammatory. Lots of alternatives to the high risk prescription stuff, just depends on ones preference.

I use tumeric in just about everything. Garlic, as well.

Those tv ads about rx's and the things that could go from bad to worse if you take it, is ridiculous. Hell, the side effects are WORSE than the problem!!!

Hmmm. Never heard of this, but a friend of mine brought me over a bottle and told me to take one or two capsules (260mgs) twice a day...cuz it will detox my body of harmful things rummaging around in my intestines, gut, etc. I took one about 6 hours ago..so..I am still alive with no problems so far, lol.

Anyway..interesting reading in the link above. And, I thought I would ask if anyone else swears by it?

Be careful about taking too much or for too long, as apparently there can be negative side effects, including making it difficult to absorb nutrients your body needs.

Are you hoping to improve a particular issue with this? If you just want to do some sort of general 'cleanse', you might be better off doing something like the pre-colonoscopy process. :dunno:

Be careful about taking too much or for too long, as apparently there can be negative side effects, including making it difficult to absorb nutrients your body needs.

Are you hoping to improve a particular issue with this? If you just want to do some sort of general 'cleanse', you might be better off doing something like the pre-colonoscopy process. :dunno:
Taking it just to detox. Kinda like how you fill your coffee pot once in awhile with vinegar to clean it out. Except, I am using charcoal. :)

Took just one yesterday. Took one today. That will be it for now.

Forum List

Back